2P2P admits its war on the Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

He thinks the fact that they greatly aid in doing away with having to guess at intended emphasis, sense, and so on, is enough by itself.

His is also the opposite of the same mistake of those who conclude that all one has to do is believe a passage means what it says.

Each's is the other's half of an ever fascinating problem to observe in most...

Interplanner

On Gal 2:7, it has nothing of the sort of meaning that PJ gave it. There are not two gospels, there are two audiences and one verb about them both getting the same.

It's just more of the obtuse game 2P2P plays to avoid what the NT is actually saying.

Danoh

On Gal 2:7, it has nothing of the sort of meaning that PJ gave it. There are not two gospels, there are two audiences and one verb about them both getting the same.

It's just more of the obtuse game 2P2P plays to avoid what the NT is actually saying.

One gospel; two aspects.

Prophesied.

Mystery.

Thus; two audiences.

Danoh

So there would be precision where there is confusion in English.

The only confusion when the English (KJV) is relied on alone, is when the various principles of communicating intended sense through word order, sequence, structure, and all the rest, in English (grades 7 thru 12, or Advanced English Grammar for things beyond the more simple " Christ died for our sins"), are violated, out of ignorace of said principles.

Just as in any language.

SaulToPaul 2

And, you still have not gone back to Genesis and studied what the LORD God told Abraham to do in uncircumcision vs. what the LORD God told Abraham to do in circumcision have you?

That would be a great start.

Why won't you do it? Because your commentaries didn't do it?

Interplanner

To make it worse, Jerry is now preaching yet another gospel there, one from right after Damascus and one after years in Arabia, proof once again that the 'plain meaning' of Paul speaking of one gospel is that there is no 'plain meaning' if it violates 2P2P.

SaulToPaul 2

To make it worse, Jerry is now preaching yet another gospel there, one from right after Damascus and one after years in Arabia, proof once again that the 'plain meaning' of Paul speaking of one gospel is that there is no 'plain meaning' if it violates 2P2P.

:chuckle:

Danoh

:chuckle:

They have different names. Dying for sins is not mentioned, Romans 1:1-4 (KJV).

Lol, you call that a solid basis?

All God did was apply the merits of the Cross that were Prophesied..."to the Gentiles ALSO..."

That He would do that was an aspect of...The Mystery.

Danoh

I take it you perceive two gospels in the following?

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

I take it you perceive two gospels in the following?

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Absolutely. The gospel of God is "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God" which is precisely what he preached as he arrived at a synagogue. Those that accepted Jesus as the Christ were then instructed in the gospel of Christ.

Danoh

Absolutely. The gospel of God is "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God" which is precisely what he preached as he arrived at a synagogue. Those that accepted Jesus as the Christ were then instructed in the gospel of Christ.

That is one gospel: two aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.