17 Year Old Shot And Killed By Cop

GuySmiley

"If you get shot you deserve it": the rallying cry of "patriots" everywhere. I guess maybe we're saying "You Can Tread On Me."
The world isn't always black and white. Cops who shoot people aren't always wrong. Sometimes they are wrong, like this guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/u...ged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

Sometimes they are right. Like this guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/darren-wilson-michael-brown_n_5681340.html

Cops are just people. Some have bad intentions, some have good intentions.

In the case in this thread, the cop was right.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The world isn't always black and white.

And the sky is blue. Discuss.:cool:

Cops who shoot people aren't always wrong.

Gee. Ya think.:juggle:

And this guy happened to be a murderous out of control thug. And it's the self-styled "patriots" who roll over like well-trained dogs to support them.

By the way: Enough of this "cops are people too" malarkey. No, they're not. They bear the sword and have sworn oaths. They aren't "just people" the second they put on a uniform.

The armchair Rambos and "militia" members who play dress up in the woods don't have the nerve, wit, sense, or sheer will to ever do anything serious, much less recognize actual tyranny when it's right there on the news. American cops kill with impunity. The Tea Party shrieks about death panels. What a total crock.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The world isn't always black and white. Cops who shoot people aren't always wrong. Sometimes they are wrong, like this guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/u...ged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

Sometimes they are right. Like this guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/darren-wilson-michael-brown_n_5681340.html

In the case in this thread, the cop was right.

You should have quit while you're ahead Guy. This pathetic post ("sometimes they are right") makes it appear as if you're trying to reason with cop-hating liberals like the former? Satanist Granite.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Regarding your (GFR7's) defense of Michael Brown.

Tell us why Officer Darren Wilson was justified in shooting Michael Brown but Sgt. Jonathan Frost wasn't justified in shooting Deven Guilford.

As you might recall GFR7, another one of your doper heroes got blown away by a guy that he had on the ground and was beating (Trayvon Martin beating George Zimmerman). Zimmerman was justified in blowing away your doper hero, why wasn't Sgt. Frost whose injuries were much worse than Zimmerman's?

Trayvon was a Muslim terrorist addicted to skittles and soda.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't blame the cop for the shooting itself, I blame the cop for allowing it to get to that point. I can say with 100% accuracy it never would have happened if I was that cop. The kid would be alive and so would I.

GuySmiley

Gee. Ya think.:juggle:
I do, you seem to have trouble with the concept.

And this guy happened to be a murderous out of control thug. And it's the self-styled "patriots" who roll over like well-trained dogs to support them.
Except when they don't support them.

By the way: Enough of this "cops are people too" malarkey. No, they're not. They bear the sword and have sworn oaths. They aren't "just people" the second they put on a uniform.
When they put on a uniform they become part of some hive-mind? No, they still have individual thoughts and motivations, which was my point.

The armchair Rambos and "militia" members who play dress up in the woods don't have the nerve, wit, sense, or sheer will to ever do anything serious, much less recognize actual tyranny when it's right there on the news. American cops kill with impunity. The Tea Party shrieks about death panels. What a total crock.
You should lead the way! Go get involved if you feel so strongly about it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When they put on a uniform they become part of some hive-mind?

Yes, actually. Blue line and all that. How well are whistleblowers treated?

No, they still have individual thoughts and motivations, which was my point.

If so they do a splendid job of suppressing them.

It's harder and harder for me to believe in the myth of the "good cop." The good cop looks the other way and allows the bad ones to keep doing as they please. They're part of the problem.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They won't let me have 2 users, dummy.

:mock:those they won't let have two users

I don't blame the cop for the shooting itself, I blame the cop for allowing it to get to that point.

bingo.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not.

You have to comply when an officer asks you to comply. If the kid had just given him his license and registration it would have never escalated.

That IS true in the simplest terms. If the boy had his license and reg. handy, with proof of insurance, this would have never happened. If everything went by the book, being an officer would be a relaxed job.

This stop should have been relaxed; the cop could have taken control and diffused the escalation at several points. The cop should also remember his job is also to serve and protect 17 year old drivers.

Would he have kicked the phone/hand of a senior citizen ? Ordered a hard of hearing traffic violator to the ground on their face ? The kid could have had issues or mental disorders. For Pete's sake - It was a minor/questionable traffic stop, not a gun running dope dealing terrorist.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i question why he called for assistance and then, without waiting for it, tried to drag the kid out of the car

stupid move

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That IS true in the simplest terms. If the boy had his license and reg. handy, with proof of insurance, this would have never happened. If everything went by the book, being an officer would be a relaxed job.

This stop should have been relaxed; the cop could have taken control and diffused the escalation at several points. The cop should also remember his job is also to serve and protect 17 year old drivers.

Would he have kicked the phone/hand of a senior citizen ? Ordered a hard of hearing traffic violator to the ground on their face ? The kid could have had issues or mental disorders. For Pete's sake - It was a minor/questionable traffic stop, not a gun running dope dealing terrorist.
Once the kid began to obfuscate and resist giving his license and registration the officer rightly began to suspect that there might be more wrong with the suspect than just flashing his lights. Therefore it was the kids fault that the situation escalated.

And obviously the most deadly thing the kid did was not allow himself to be cuffed and begin to fight the officer physically.

When you do that..... you might get shot and frankly you deserve it.

After all.... if we allow citizens to reject the authority of police officers we are no longer living in a civilized society. That's the definition of anarchy. I don't want my children and future grand children living in anarchy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And what's with this "just roll over and do what you're told" compliance garbage? Aren't you the guys who constantly talk about fighting tyranny? About resisting oppression? And here you are all lining up nodding your head like good little do-bees, yessiree. Do as you're told. Obey them. After all, they're American cops, and you know what that means: They just might kill you. Shoot you as soon as look at you.

Charming.

Bill Hicks had it right: "You're free to do as you're told."

Idiots listening to the poor advice you just gave here, is why this happens.

You are SUPPOSE to give over license and registration when you are pulled over.

If you object to something happening, the time to object is with an attorney AFTER the fact.

Then you will live and if something is wrong, most likely end up with some cash in your pocket to spend while you are alive.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Maybe the cop was near the end of his shift as I noted his impatient tone from the start. As I said, this video will be used for training of unnecessary escalation of tension.