ECT 1 Corinthians 15:25/2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

/thread. DOA. RIP.

Book him, Danoh!

Did the Lord Jesus Christ, being God, have authority 4,000,000,000,000,000...............................................years ago, over all things? 4000 years ago? God being granted authority? Clueless are you, as to the context of this "authority" referenced above.

elohiym

Did the Lord Jesus Christ, being God, have authority 4,000,000,000,000,000...............................................years ago, over all things? 4000 years ago? God being granted authority? Clueless are you, as to the context of this "authority" referenced above.

Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.

What a mess. Ellie "argues"...

"Originally Posted by elohiym View Post
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

I then ask him/her, did the Lord Jesus Christ, God, not have authority before this, and it goes over his/her head, as he/she answers with the above.

Sit.

andyc

Yes, but Elo wants us to believe that the Lord God blinds unbelievers to the light of the Gospel of Christ. God forbid.

Men are always blinded by their own conceits....fed to them by the god of this world. The lusts of the flesh, eyes, and pride of life. The Jews took pride in their own efforts to obey the Law.

2 Cor. 3:15-16
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.​

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.​

Obviously faith is the quality that God is looking for, and if people demand evidence in place of faith, they will be prevented from seeing the truth. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

This is why the Hebrew children were destroyed in the wilderness, and the Jews were plucked form the olive tree. If faith is not an option, salvation is not an option. God blinds those who refuse to see through the eyes of faith.

Danoh

How am I speaking a blasphemy against the Spirit's Own Words?

Your accusation is serious, and worse for you if you are mistaken.

I gave you passages to consider in light of mine, and the opposition of one or two others, to this that you assert.

Its on you to exercise the ears to hear and the eyes to see that is supposed to be yours as to said two modes of perception - the same mode of perception the Lord spoke of in Matthew 13, and that Luke wrote of in Acts 17.

Matthew 13:

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Acts 17:

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

elohiym

I gave you passages to consider in light of mine...

Doesn't answer my question.

How exactly am I speaking a blasphemy against the Spirit's Own Words?

Don't spam verses that have little to do with what I've claimed.

John 12:40 -- Who is the He that blinded them?

If that "He" is God then I haven't claimed God did anything other than what our Lord said He did.

glorydaz

Doesn't answer my question.

How exactly am I speaking a blasphemy against the Spirit's Own Words?

Don't spam verses that have little to do with what I've claimed.

John 12:40 -- Who is the He that blinded them?

If that "He" is God then I haven't claimed God did anything other than what our Lord said He did.

But you aren't understanding who those passages of Isaiah referred to...or why they were quoted. And because of that you are claiming that the god of this world in 2 Cor. 4:4KJV is the Lord God instead of Satan. That's a big problem.

In John 12, John is quoting Isaiah who was speaking of the JEWS (as a nation) and their rejection of our Lord as their Messiah. John 12:15KJV. He came to His own, but His own received Him not. God doesn't actively harden "soft hearts" or blind those who are seeking. He simply withheld the grace it would require for them to be converted and see (be healed as a nation). The Jews were given every chance they were going to get....until Jesus was lifted up and His blood was shed. Then they could come to the light of the Gospel of Grace, if they were so inclined.

So, when you think 2 Cor. 4:4 is saying the Lord God is the god of this world blinding anyone, you're wrong. It's talking about the god of this world....satan. And, it's speaking of the Gospel....not what the prophet said concerning the Jews.