ECT 1 Corinthians 15:25/2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep, in line with that great post about the land is this...

Genesis 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

That walking about is a gesture of right to possesion.

Thus, we read the following regarding the Adversary...

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. 2:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Excellentamudo,D!

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5 KJV

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10 KJV

"That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth." Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV

"But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace." Psalms 37:11 KJV

"For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off." Psalms 37:22 KJV

"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever." Psalms 37:29 KJV

"Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it." Psalms 37:34 KJV

"But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked." Isaiah 11:4 KJV

"Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified." Isaiah 60:21 KJV

"Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever." Jeremiah 7:7 KJV

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever." Ezekiel 37:25 KJV

"And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there." Isiah 65:9 KJV

(For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.") Isiah 45:4 KJV

Where is your land, you "Jacob"'s of the world, "Replacement Theology" thieves? After all, you came out of "the time of Jacob's trouble", did you not?

In the resurrection, the LORD God will fulfill the land promise exactly as written by raising up from the dead Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob(and Daniel and.................). This conclusion alone honors the promises of God and the faith of Abraham. When Abraham died, he had not received the promised land!(nor did Daniel!) In the resurrection,he and his faithful descendants will inherit the land exactly as promised.

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance(my emphasis-in the resurrection, as confirmed in Daniel 12:13 KJV=his "lot=his land inheritance in a resurrected body), obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went." Hebrews 11:8 KJV

In Matt 22:31-32 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ, speaking to unbelieving Sadducees, connects God and Abraham to prove/confirm the doctrine of the resurrection.

"But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living"(resurrection-my emphasis).

Daniel 12:13 KJV: "But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest(in death-my note), and stand in thy lot at the end of the days"(in resurrection attain the land inheritance-my note/ emphasis).

Matt 8:11 KJV: "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven"(resurrected in the land of "the kingdom of heaven"-my note/emphasis).

Again...

Daniel 2:44 KJV: " And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom(my emphasis-a kingdom is set up by force=a violent, sudden event with great force, while the body of Christ is being "built up"=a gradual, process-1 Cor. 3:9-11 KJV, Col. 2:7 KJV, Eph. 2:20-22 KJV), which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

No one can sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, unless they are raised from the dead.

The Genesis 12 Everlasting Covenant

-Genesis 17:7 KJV, Genesis 17:19 KJV

That necessarily includes Resurrection.

Land-the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and Jacob's descedants: Gen. 13:17 KJV, Genesis 15:7 KJV, Genesis 17:8 KJV, Genesis 26:3 KJV, Genesis 28:13 KJV; Heb. 11:8-9 KJV.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob die without receiving the promised land: Heb 11:13 KJV; Gen. 25:8 KJV, Genesis 34:29 KJV, Genesis 49:33 KJV; Acts 7:5 KJV

The land is specifically promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (and Jacob's descendents, including Daniel), and that they died without receiving that promised land.

The Land Promise is repeated or referred to more than any other promise: Genesis 12:7 KJV, Genesis 13:15 KJV, Genesis 13:17 KJV, Genesis 15:7 KJV, Genesis 15:18 KJV, Genesis 26:3 KJV, Genesis 28:3-4 KJV

unto Eternal life:
An everlasting covenant between GOD and Abraham demands everlasting life, an everlasting possession of the promised land to Abraham and his descendants demands the resurrection and everlasting life.

These facts of an everlasting covenant between God and Abraham, Gen.17:7 KJV, and the promise of an everlasting possession of the land given to Abraham(Gen 17:8 KJV), are the biblical foundation for our belief in the resurrection and eternal life, and the eternal inheritance of the Lord Jesus Christ Christ and the believing remnant of the nation Israel saints.

The LORD God, unlike man, will be faithful. The Romans 15:8 KJV promise to the circumcision will happen.

And on and on. And this replacement theology" teaching will be reviewed, and the "...lying tongue is but for a moment"(Proverbs 12:19) for these robbers, thieves.

Reppies are attempting to rob the believing remnant of the nation Israel of their program, and telling God He is wrong when He says that Irael will be resored to glory and will then be a blessing to the whole earth, on the earth. The body of Christ is not, nor will ever be Israel, no matter how much effort and twisting of Scripture is done to attempt to prove it, and we will have none of this land-NADA..

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
"Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin." John 19:11 KJV

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me Matthew 4:8 KJV

"And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it." Luke 4:6 KJV

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." Luke 10:18 KJV

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.....And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child." Rev. 12:9-13 KJV

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it." Job 1:6-7 KJV

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV

elohiym

Does the scripture testify that satan is the god this world? Yes, it does. Does scripture testify that Christ is in exile, i.e., not ruling this world today? Yes, it does...

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

/thread. DOA. RIP.

Book him, Danoh!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Made up.

Translated: I, EllieFant, did not study what the great saint John W wrote, just skimmed it, and grinded my teeth, as all wolfies do, "cuz" I'm jealous of his greatness, wishing I had his presence, clout, charisma, following, authority, on TOL.

Poor Ellie. Sit, Ellie.

The OP and post 11 are great, you really should write a book jw.

Danoh

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

/thread. DOA. RIP.

Book him, Danoh!

Lol - it's "Book em! Dano!" - Jack Lord/Steve McGarrett

And, you're off as to the actual sense of that entire passage.

By the way; it appears you hold to some type of a Dispensational system or perspective or other. If so, what exactly is it?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
No, it doesn't. You are misinterpreting a scripture. The Lord Jesus Christ stated it was God blinding their eyes. He is the God of this world that has blinded their eyes, so don't assume Satan is the God of this world from that verse. It isn't a eye blinding competition between the devil and God. Only God Almighty is doing the blinding.

What about John 12:31, John 14:30 and John 16:11?

elohiym

What about John 12:31, John 14:30 and John 16:11?

What about them? They don't contradict John 12:40, the prophet and David's prayer. Those are what we use to interpret who the "God of this world" is that is blinding their eyes. That's a single point we can address with surety. Note, "God of this world," not ruler or rulers of this world.

Was the ruler of this world cast out? When?

"Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out."

It is happening while he reigns, while His enemies are being put under his feet, as it is written. All authority in heaven and earth was given to him then, as it is written.

Danoh

What about them? They don't contradict John 12:40, the prophet and David's prayer. Those are what we use to interpret who the "God of this world" is that is blinding their eyes. That's a single point we can address with surety. Note, "God of this world," not ruler or rulers of this world.

Was the ruler of this world cast out? When?

"Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out."

It is happening while he reigns, while His enemies are being put under his feet, as it is written. All authority in heaven and earth was given to him then, as it is written.

Note "the god of this world" not "God." There is an article, and a lower case g.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

elohiym

Lol - it's "Book em! Dano!" - Jack Lord/Steve McGarrett

Yeah, but there was just one perp and I didn't like the way 'im looked. Seriously. :chuckle:

And, you're off as to the actual sense of that entire passage.

The declaration is true, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." The OP is presenting a position that necessarily denies that truth. Nobody took the Lord's authority away. We call Him Lord. Of what? His kingdom, that you and I are a part of. It's a spiritual kingdom that doesn't come by observation, according to our Lord.

By the way; it appears you hold to some type of a Dispensational system or perspective or other. If so, what exactly is it?

I hold the dispensational perspective that resolves all the contradictions that other dispensationalists see in the scriptures so that there are no longer contradictions and no need to claim one idea in one book doesn't apply to you because it allegedly wasn't written to the Body of Christ.

We can discuss the details on my thread where I'm already having a discussion with you. Here I just want to focus on the idea that Christ is reigning now, which defeats the OP. (That said, I'm not against any truth in the OP; we're not going to all agree what is true or false about the OP.)

glorydaz

The declaration is true, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." The OP is presenting a position that necessarily denies that truth. Nobody took the Lord's authority away. We call Him Lord. Of what? His kingdom, that you and I are a part of. It's a spiritual kingdom that doesn't come by observation, according to our Lord.

So who is it that rules and reigns over the unbelieving world....unbelievers and this world system?

elohiym

Note "the god of this world" not "God." There is an article, and a lower case g.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In Greek there is no capitalization. I understand your point about the article but it can be said that way and mean God Almighty. It's hard for me to believe that Paul wasn't alluding to John 12:40 and would refer to the devil as the "god" of this world. To believe that would be to necessarily accept that God and Satan are both blinding people at the same time. Not a tidy explanation. See the law of parsimony on this one, brother.

Would it be a big deal if I'm correct? What's at stake for you? I'm just curious.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

The "god of this world" in 2 Cor 4:4 is the same as that referred to in Acts 26:18 as "Satan," and in John 12:31 as "the ruler of this world," who "will be cast out" and eventually "thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone...to be tormented day and night forever and ever," according to Rev 20:10.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here I just want to focus on the idea that Christ is reigning now, which defeats the OP. (That said, I'm not against any truth in the OP; we're not going to all agree what is true or false about the OP.)

Show us some examples of Christ reigning on earth now.

elohiym

So who is it that rules and reigns over the unbelieving world....unbelievers and this world system?

Good question. My answer: the devil, but only in a sense. That's a system of delusion and ultimately under God's rule, the iron rod, while they are being made His footstool. And we also need to consider that the devil, who is the Dragon in Revelation gave all his power to the beast.