İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

musterion

Repentance,

Do you consider Mohammed to have been the most perfect example of a man who has ever lived?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
We Christians just love to argue about these very things.

I hope that most of us adhere to these two principles:
Love the Lord your God and Love your neighbour as yourself.

If you were subject to any kind of law or rulebook, then living by those things is impossible. Rules don't fit every situation. That doesn't mean they are bad, just that they are not always good.

That is what being freed from the law is. You do not need to follow the law if you are a good person.

I agree with you on original sin, although, seriously mate, it isn't blasphemy, but it depends who you speak to.

Yes. Love God and love your neighbour as you love yourselves. All the religions seem to preach that atleast :)

Well as for common principles if İ go by the Koran it would have to be this:

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to God's Will). (3:64)

Well then if that is so wasn't it unfair of God to demand the Jews before Christ to hold fast to the law, but those after Christ gets out of jail free? No, it doesn't strike sense. God is very capable of forgiveness anyway.

drbrumley

Yes. Love God and love your neighbour as you love yourselves. All the religions seem to preach that atleast :)

Well as for common principles if İ go by the Koran it would have to be this:

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to God's Will). (3:64)

Well then if that is so wasn't it unfair of God to demand the Jews before Christ to hold fast to the law, but those after Christ gets out of jail free? No, it doesn't strike sense. God is very capable of forgiveness anyway.

Yet Allah doesn't love sinners, why is that?

TIPlatypus

No then the box would be reshaped. İt's never closed :)

Well it shouldn't even be there.

When someone asks me what do you think about this, I don't change my belief system every time something complex comes up.

Or if someone says, well I know Christians think this about that, I am absolutely at liberty to say no I don't because I think this denies the love of Christ. I might say yes depending on the issue.

TIPlatypus

I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread. Sorry
So I would like to highlight a few inconsistencies

You cannot do anything except if Allah has willed it.
Still we have a degree of freewill, natural freedom of choice.
And this is totally not a complete contradiction at all.
You can say that Allah wills everything but that we will things ourselves, but that doesn't mean its true. Just because we "still" have a degree of free will doesn't mean logic can go fly away.

Allah's orders and Allah's will are two different things. Allah may Will things He dislikes!
I am getting the impression that Allah is controlled by his attributes and isn't actually a person at all.
Also, the only reason why anyone would will something to happen without actually wanting it to happen is because he knows that this is the only way it will serve a better end. But Allah is all-powerful right? But just Allah right?

For example Allah ordered Satan (Iblis) to prostrate to Adam but He willed that Satan wouldn't. Allah ordered Adam not to eat from the tree but He willed that He would.
Allah has a split personality.

Allah's Will has a higher authority and that is His Knowledge. He knows everything there is to be known even the inner dimensions of all souls. His then wills accordingly and even though Allah has no higher authority by His Perfection what He wills would be Perfect.
If Allah's will is subject to his knowledge. What is Allah's knowledge subject to. If everything Allah'can do is subject to what he knows, doesn't that make him subject to his knowledge?

All of these factors are constrained by the environment and its laws except your freewill which is the consequence of what YOU have done with your soul. But nothing happens without the will of Allah. It is He who does it for you. He has the knowledge of all these factors including your freewill and thus He knows what to Will.
The point of saying free will, is that it is yours alone. Saying that Allah has knowledge of your freewill, means that the "free" bit of it is no longer there.

Edit: I made all the quotations correct (I think).

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
You left off the other reasons. Like lying to those who not muslim in order to gain ones end.

Gain one's ends? With non-Muslims? What are you talking about? Do you presume that you could outlearn a Muslim of his own religion by visiting anti-Islamic sites? Its they who are practicing their version of takiya. It is only permissible in Sunni Islam if you can save lives by doing so

Who is this Sheik? Would you represent the views of a Catholic by referring to a Mormon website? I'm Sunni and I'm not Shia.

Verses on this:

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

What has the Quran verse to do with that? But of course there are situations where one is compelled to lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

The Arabic word "Awliya" could also mean "allies" when in context of the Islamic State.

What about this verse?

[Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong-doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Do you even know the background behind this?

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

So?

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Lol this only means that oaths given in anger are forgiven.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Did you also read the surrounding verses and pretended to understand them?

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

You played World of Warcraft? Or any strategy game? In war there should be strategies to trick the enemy.

Islam however forbids lying unless shown otherwise. You twist the words.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Never heard about this. Would check it up.

Also piece of advice. When you copy paste from a website make sure to read it through. ^

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Nope. The below hadith (6303) you yourself posted clarifies the issue and kills your cause.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."

Muslim (32:6303) - "...he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them)."

So the situations are limited.

Bukhari (50:369) - Recounts the murder of a poet, Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, at Muhammad's insistence. The men who volunteered for the assassination used dishonesty to gain Ka'b's trust, pretending that they had turned against Muhammad. This drew the victim out of his fortress, whereupon he was brutally slaughtered despite putting up a ferocious struggle for his life.

Never heard about this. I've read an entire seerah of the Prophet.

Islamists interpret their scripture to say that they are allowed to lie about the nature of Islam in order to further their political goals.

Lol how do they connect the dots?

Islamists also interpret taqiyya to permit lying about the nature of Islam to non-Muslims in order to convert them to Islam

Is that what you are doing here?

No it is not what I'm doing here. It is what you are doing. May God forgive you.

You left off the other reasons. Like lying to those who not muslim in order to gain ones end.

For those interested, see this:

http://sheikyermami.com/taqiyya-holy-deception-quran-532/

Verses on this:

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."

Muslim (32:6303) - "...he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them)."

Bukhari (50:369) - Recounts the murder of a poet, Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, at Muhammad's insistence. The men who volunteered for the assassination used dishonesty to gain Ka'b's trust, pretending that they had turned against Muhammad. This drew the victim out of his fortress, whereupon he was brutally slaughtered despite putting up a ferocious struggle for his life.

Islamists interpret their scripture to say that they are allowed to lie about the nature of Islam in order to further their political goals.

Islamists also interpret taqiyya to permit lying about the nature of Islam to non-Muslims in order to convert them to Islam

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No it is not what I'm doing here. It is what you are doing. May God forgive you.

He has, thank you. Am i lying to gain anything, no, i gain nothing if you get saved or choose to remain lost. God lets you use your own free will to choose to enter hell. So what would be any motive for me to lie to you? I am not threatened in any way if you dont believe what i do.

Have you been forgiven by repenting and calling on the name of the Son of the Father, Jesus Christ who died to redeem you from your sins?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
He has, thank you. Am i lying to gain anything, no, i gain nothing if you get saved or choose to remain lost. God lets you use your own free will to choose to enter hell. So what would be any motive for me to lie to you?

Have you been forgiven by repenting and calling on the name of the Son of the Father, Jesus Christ who died to redeem you from your sins?
So its all about the Son, huh?

The Jews of Israel didn't know any Son of God. Are they also doomed?

musterion

Originally Posted by Angel4Truth

How would we know you're not?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Yet Allah doesn't love sinners, why is that?
Allah doesn't love sinners but He loves the repenters. If your God loves sinners also, like he does the Prodigal Son, why through the sinner into the lake of fire/Gehenna? Why cause the sinner to die eternally?

YHWH of the OT has vengeance.