Making Peace With Tambora

glorydaz

If you rape a woman today, will you lose your salvation? Yes or no?

Those who are saved are a new creation...all things are new. They will never lose their salvation, since they have been created IN CHRIST. What your question tells me is that you have no confidence in the Lord to perform His good work.
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

ClimateSanity

Those who are saved are a new creation...all things are new. They will never lose their salvation, since they have been created IN CHRIST. What your question tells me is that you have no confidence in the Lord to perform His good work.
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Notice Paul says "began" a good work. This means it is a progression. Things like rape and murder take a hideous soul to perform. I would be willing to believe that once a person is in Christ, he is no longer a hideous soul capable of such things. Yes, some sins take a soul in worse condition than others. I would not rule out the possibility of a murder but I think it would be highly unlikely. The. Clincher would be the lack of grieving or sorrow. Such a person was never a christian.

glorydaz

Notice Paul says "began" a good work. This means it is a progression. Things like rape and murder take a hideous soul to perform. I would be willing to believe that once a person is in Christ, he is no longer a hideous soul capable of such things. Yes, some sins take a soul in worse condition than others. I would not rule out the possibility of a murder but I think it would be highly unlikely. The. Clincher would be the lack of grieving or sorrow. Such a person was never a christian.

There are lots of people who claim to be what they aren't. They are Christians in Name Only. CINO's I call them. :)

We simply aren't the same people we were before we underwent the operation of God. Elo doesn't get that, and it's why he has to work so hard to change the Bible so he can slide under the line all the time.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back on th' rails:

I made peace with Tambora years ago.
Twasn't difficult.

Well, she is fairly easy going. The only reason anyone would have an issue with Tam is because she is not a pushover.

ClimateSanity

There are lots of people who claim to be what they aren't. They are Christians in Name Only. CINO's I call them. :)

We simply aren't the same people we were before we underwent the operation of God. Elo doesn't get that, and it's why he has to work so hard to change the Bible so he can slide under the line all the time.

Yes, it takes faith to believe you re saved when you watch your behavior and ask yourself how a christian could do that. It takes much less faith to set the sin bar incredibly low as to allow your flesh to wallow in lust and what have you. You tell yourself you are sinless because you don't commit some very specific sins that you twisted from the bible and then you get to feel self righteous and tell everyone you are without sin.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just as I'm not afraid to tell any of you "ladies" what I think of your behavior.

That's nice. :)

Now where was I... Oh yeah... You sound like a guy and you post like a guy. I'm not saying you're sod's sock, I'm saying you'd make the perfect sod sock because you're so much like him. Do I think you could be a guy hiding behind a female avatar? Yes.

I find I have a much greater respect for Doser and his honesty than I do any of you.

:chuckle: Of course you do. It's like looking in a mirror.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's nice. :)

Now where was I... Oh yeah... You sound like a guy and you post like a guy. I'm not saying you're sod's sock, I'm saying you'd make the perfect sod sock because you're so much like him. Do I think you could be a guy hiding behind a female avatar? Yes.

:chuckle: Of course you do. It's like looking in a mirror.

That is my impression as well ...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Now where was I... Oh yeah... You sound like a guy and you post like a guy.

...because she can reason and doesn't rely on emotion?

lots of women can do that anna - you just won't meet many of them running in the liberal feminist circles you inhabit lately

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
which is a response based on emotion and not reason

thank you for the demonstration :thumb:
She's even doing a fine job of robo-posting, just like you - 71 posts (so far) in a thread that you made to 'make peace' with Tambora. :chuckle:

Far and away the top poster.