Spot what's wrong in this headline.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, that is a statue in violation of not making a graven image, and it is not Mary, the mother of Jesus. It is a statue. So there are a few things wrong.

musterion

Well, that is a statue in violation of not making a graven image, and it is not Mary, the mother of Jesus. It is a statue. So there are a few things wrong.

Here ya go.

don-antonio-robusto-cigar.png

john w

Hall of Fame
"a statue of the Virgin Mary"

And she was not a virgin, for her entire life, as the Catholics, using the title, "The Virgin Mary," claim that she was always a virgin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show from the Bible that she can.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Oh wait, that is the Holy Spirit who intercedes. My bad.

SaulToPaul 2

"a statue of the Virgin Mary"

And she was not a virgin, for her entire life, as the Catholics, using the title, "The Virgin Mary," claim that she was always a virgin.

I just ordered 30 more brown scapulars from Amazon.
Do you need one, brother?

Remember what our mother said about them?

They protect from hell fire, and spiders.

musterion

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Oh wait, that is the Holy Spirit who intercedes. My bad.

Bet you a shiny new dime that there's someone out there who believes Mary is the Holy Spirit.

musterion

Well, I'm close...

Pope Leo XIII, in his Encycl. Divinum illud, May 9,1897 stated: "...Unite, then, Venerable Brethren, your prayers with Ours, and at your exhortation let all Christian peoples add their prayers also, invoking the powerful and ever-acceptable intercession of the Blessed Virgin. You know well the intimate and wonderful relations existing between her and the Holy Spirit, so that SHE IS JUSTLY CALLED HIS SPOUSE. Her intercession was of great avail both in the mystery of the Incarnation and in the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles...." (Papal Teachings: Our Lady, Selected and arranged by The Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, Imprimatur: His Eminence, Richard Cardinal Cushing, Archbishop of Boston, May 31, 1961, 150.)