Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh but indeed it is. There is no indicator that Adam was in any way destined for death till he and Eve's mutual transgression ... unless I missed something ... biblical, that is.

Beameup said, "Adam was 'clothed with light'... until he sinned, and then he lost that 'supernatural quality'."

What verse are you referring to?

Last edited:

fzappa13

Beameup said, "Adam was 'clothed with light'... until he sinned, and then he lost that 'supernatural quality'."

What verse are you referring to?

He and Eve were kicked out of the garden and in that moment something fundamental changed concerning their nature.

whitestone

consider their genealogies(Moses,Elihu,Job ect.) Elihu states in ch.32-37 that he is "younger than the rest",so the others were older.

Then compare the age of Moses to them,8 generation's from Abraham, difference of about the revolutionary war until now(approx)

Why is that Book of Job and its events took place "before" Moses was born. In the events in Job the meeting is in "Heaven" Satan states this when he says where he (was) Job 1:7,2:2 KJV .

So the sons of God in Job are not beings confined to earth only but go from earth to heaven(back and forth).

Then "after" Job,Elihu,Eliphaz,Zophar,Bildad Moses was born and is saying that the "sons of God"/the ones going back and forth from earth to Heaven saw the daughters of men and ect.ect.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is that Book of Job and its events took place "before" Moses was born. In the events in Job the meeting is in "Heaven" Satan states this when he says where he (was) Job 1:7,2:2 KJV .
So the sons of God in Job are not beings confined to earth only but go from earth to heaven(back and forth).

Then "after" Job,Elihu,Eliphaz,Zophar,Bildad Moses was born and is saying that the "sons of God"/the ones going back and forth from earth to Heaven saw the daughters of men and
ect.ect.

It's typically assumed that when the sons of GOD presented themselves to GOD, that it took place in heaven. The text does not say that the event took place in heaven. The text does not say that it did.

Did not the LORD appear on earth at times?
Did not faithful men build stone altars on earth to present themselves before the LORD?
Did not Manoh and his wife, the parents of Samson, make offerings before the LORD?
What about Noah, Abraham and others?

Were there not Cherabim on the Mercey Seat?
Were there not Cherabim guarding the way to the garden?
Could it be that Adam and his faithful descendants offered and presented themselves before the LORD at the gate to the garden?

whitestone

It's typically assumed that when the sons of GOD presented themselves to GOD, that it took place in heaven. The text does not say that the event took place in heaven. The text does not say that it did.

Did not the LORD appear on earth at times?
Did not faithful men build stone altars on earth to present themselves before the LORD?
Did not Manoh and his wife, the parents of Samson, make offerings before the LORD?
What about Noah, Abraham and others?

Were there not Cherabim on the Mercey Seat?
Were there not Cherabim guarding the way to the garden?
Could it be that Adam and his faithful descendants offered and presented themselves before the LORD at the gate to the garden?

I agree God can be on Earth or Heaven or where ever he chooses,but when the Lord ask him where he came from(place he was instead of where he was at) he stated he was on earth so the place where they were then was not where he(satan) "was".

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree God can be on Earth or Heaven or where ever he chooses,but when the Lord ask him where he came from(place he was instead of where he was at) he stated he was on earth so the place where they were then was not where he(satan) "was".

With respect to your opinion (and I'm not insisting, just considering all sides), Satan wouldn't have to be in heaven in order to reply, "From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

whitestone

With respect to your opinion (and I'm not insisting, just considering all sides), Satan wouldn't have to be in heaven in order to reply, "From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

I agree it doesn't say Heaven(an assumption on my part) they could have met on a passing comet. The part that catches my eye is where he says he was verses where they were.

Moses who was born after this point in time based on Elihu Job 32:2 KJV is a Buzite of the kindred of Ram Genesis 22:21 KJV .So Buz was the nephew of Abraham but Barachel was of Ram Kemuel's son.

point is though that their genealogies are from around the time frame of or right after Abraham i.e Eliphaz the Temanite, so he was from either (Esau,or Ishmael)Teman in both families. Bildad is a "shuite" a decendent of Shuah Genesis 25:1-2 KJV and Zophar is an Naamathite(less info there) but 5-6 generations from Abraham.

Moses is 7 from Abraham http://www.jesuswalk.com/moses/images/geneology-of-moses-1200x1190x300.jpg but Elihu is from Nahor/Milcah(Abrahams brother).

In Job 32:4 KJV Elihu waits to speak because Job,Eliphaz,Zophar,Bildad are all older than he is in verse 6-7 he explains why he waited so the others are all from about 8 generation's before Moses.

In those days they lived 175 or so years old so this is approx. ,lol but compared to Moses birth all of them were before him. So Moses himself is who is pointing out the sons of God in Genesis after who they were is established in Job.

But me too,considering it all from all sides...

fzappa13

What changed? They both were created with a proclivity to sin. And they did. All is well.

Well, let's see: they knew they were naked where before they did not. They were denied access to the Tree of Life. They were banished from Eden. Child birth began. Then there was that business about the serpent.

How's that for starters?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, let's see: they knew they were naked where before they did not. They were denied access to the Tree of Life. They were banished from Eden. Child birth began. Then there was that business about the serpent.

How's that for starters?

Were humans created with a proclivity to sin?

Wick Stick

I may need a foil hat for this thread. It's nothing nearly so exotic.

The Hebrew word "man" is the same as the Hebrew "Adam" and "Edom." Son of man in this passage just indicates someone of Edomite descent.

By contrast, sons of God are those faithful of Jacob's lineage.

In this passage, we see that some of the faithful are led astray when they marry foreign wives. Basically, this says the same thing as Genesis 26:35-36. Not surprising, given that one of the major conflicts of the Pentateuch is the corruption of Israel with foreigners.

Wick Stick

Were humans created with a proclivity to sin?
Not precisely. We were created with earthy desires - food & drink & sex. While those things are not sins in and of themselves, their mis-use or mis-timed use can be.

Thus the flesh gives opportunity to temptation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not precisely. We were created with earthy desires - food & drink & sex. While those things are not sins in and of themselves, their mis-use or mis-timed use can be.

Thus the flesh gives opportunity to temptation.

The gift of God is eternal life, he had not received God's Spirit.

Adam was carnal.

Romans 8:78 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.​

That's how humans are created.

fzappa13

I may need a foil hat for this thread. It's nothing nearly so exotic.

The Hebrew word "man" is the same as the Hebrew "Adam" and "Edom." Son of man in this passage just indicates someone of Edomite descent.

By contrast, sons of God are those faithful of Jacob's lineage.

In this passage, we see that some of the faithful are led astray when they marry foreign wives. Basically, this says the same thing as Genesis 26:35-36. Not surprising, given that one of the major conflicts of the Pentateuch is the corruption of Israel with foreigners.

You probably need a foil hat for life.

beameup

Understanding the Tribulation is facilitated by a correct understanding of Genesis 6.

The Roman "Catholic Church" rejected the correct understanding of Genesis 6 due to the influence
of Augustine and his phony trumped-up interpretation of Genesis 6 (which persists to this day).