Coronavirus slowing down.

eider

[h=2]Coronavirus slowing down.[/h] April 6th, 2020, 06:39 PM

What a difference 6 days can make, eh?
What do you think about what you wrote 6 days ago?

The USA is about 6 times the population of Italy. If you multiply Italy's infection and mortality figures by 6 and project that number about four week's forward it might hekp to give you an idea about what could happen. And it won't stop there if we don't all wake up to financial support for all, dupport for isolation and lockdown policies, supporting our brave health workers and supporting our research teams.

PyramidHead

it’s gonna be a tough task finding good numbers to use. Long incubation period, viral shedding while asymptomatic and other variables seems to make it a sure thing numbers are lagging behind actual cases. Thankfully we seem to be all taking some precautions to slow the spread so hopefully we ‘flatten the curve’ sooner rather than later but I have the feeling we aren’t out of the woods yet

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
it’s gonna be a tough task finding good numbers to use. Long incubation period, viral shedding while asymptomatic and other variables seems to make it a sure thing numbers are lagging behind actual cases. Thankfully we seem to be all taking some precautions to slow the spread so hopefully we ‘flatten the curve’ sooner rather than later but I have the feeling we aren’t out of the woods yet

I've been looking this morning at total tests and tests per 1 million population here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

check out UAE :noway:

ok doser

a fourth day of decline in the US for new cases :banana:

sorry Trump-haters, the fun had to end eventually

Aimiel

WORLDVWIDE DEATHS THIS YEAR

1/1/2020-4/1/2020

https://www.worldometers.info/
10,670,908 Deaths from Abortion
2,807,806 Deaths from Starvation
2,061,853 Deaths from Cancer
1,254,997 Deaths from Smoking
422,032 Deaths from HIV/AIDS
338,886 Deaths from Traffic Accidents
269,209 Deaths from Suicide
246,250 Deaths from Malaria
211,416 Deaths from unclean drinking water
122,062 Deaths from Seasonal Flu
46,491 Deaths from Coronavirus

eider

a fourth day of decline in the US for new cases :banana:

sorry Trump-haters, the fun had to end eventually

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...0-confirmed-cases-600000-200414204812255.html
US coronavirus deaths set single-day record as total hits 28,300
Revised numbers in New York puts death toll at over 10,000 as US officials debate how to reopen the country's economy.
4 hours ago

All the hate seems to be vomiting out of the Right Winger Tribalists.

President Trump was shown on BBC News yesterday standing next to a wide screen television showing State Governors praising his leadership. The President's self-satisfied looks were so embarrassing to watch...... and the BBC replayed these scenes, again, and again, and again......

He was questioned closely by a journalist and he called her a 'Fake' from a 'Fake' organisation..... wouldn't answer the questions.

We watch and we wonder....

Many media reports from around the World are suggesting that President Trump is a totalitarian politician, thrusting for dicvtatorial powers over all the States.

And the sickness continues to spread in Europe and the US......... while sickos continue to sprout political tribalism instead of discussing how best to win over this disease. Some idiots still keep showing how coronavirus deaths are not of such great consequence when compared with other kinds of fatality causes. In the UK we lost more lives the last week, 6000 more, than in any week ever recorded since records began 15 years ago. It might be an idea to check back through the records of deaths per week or month in your own countries.

If any country pulls the plug on isolation prematurely then this illness could just race away.....

ok doser

WORLDVWIDE DEATHS THIS YEAR

1/1/2020-4/1/2020

https://www.worldometers.info/
10,670,908 Deaths from Abortion
2,807,806 Deaths from Starvation
2,061,853 Deaths from Cancer
1,254,997 Deaths from Smoking
422,032 Deaths from HIV/AIDS
338,886 Deaths from Traffic Accidents
269,209 Deaths from Suicide
246,250 Deaths from Malaria
211,416 Deaths from unclean drinking water
122,062 Deaths from Seasonal Flu
46,491 Deaths from Coronavirus

China Virus is gonna kill ALL of us !!!!!!!

Aimiel

High of 57° and low of 38° is normal for Monroe, Michigan in April. I can't wait for global warming to kick in. People will flock to here for relief. We'll be the vacation paradise of the nation.

ok doser

... US coronavirus deaths set single-day record as total hits 28,300

yes, it's expected that the deaths reduction will lag the new cases reduction

meanwhile, we still have a respectable 79 deaths per 1 million population

All the hate seems to be vomiting out of the Right Winger Tribalists.

of course that would be your response to the good news that the new cases count in the US is in a daily decline, that we have passed the peak, because you're insane, blinded by your irrational emotional hatred of another country's leader

President Trump was shown on BBC News yesterday standing next to a wide screen television showing State Governors praising his leadership. The President's self-satisfied looks were so embarrassing to watch...... and the BBC replayed these scenes, again, and again, and again......

He was questioned closely by a journalist and he called her a 'Fake' from a 'Fake' organisation..... wouldn't answer the questions.

We watch and we wonder....

i told you man, toss the telly - it has control of your mind in a way that's ugly to watch

Many media reports from around the World are suggesting that President Trump is a totalitarian politician, thrusting for dicvtatorial powers over all the States.

that should read "Many reports from irrational emotional Trump-hating media are suggesting ..."

And the sickness continues to spread in Europe and the US.........

NOT spreading across the US - declining
Also declining in Spain, Italy, France, Germany ....

while sickos continue to sprout political tribalism

like attacking another country's leader out of a blind emotional irrational hatred?

are you so blinded by what the telly feeds you that you don't understand you're describing yourself?

ok doser

listening to Lomborg reminded me of this, which I wanted to respond to:
... In the UK we lost more lives the last week, 6000 more, than in any week ever recorded ....

Wow - what a terrible blow to your wealthy country with a top rate health care system! 6000 lives lost in one week! That's a lot!

Meanwhile, 4500 children starve to death every day in India

that means 4500 children starved to death yesterday, just in India
4500 children will starve to death today, just in India
4500 children will starve to death tomorrow, just in India

31,500 children will starve to death this week, just in India
this week, next week, every week until long after you've left this mortal sphere

but they're brown children, so their lives don't matter, right?

eider

listening to Lomborg reminded me of this, which I wanted to respond to:

Wow - what a terrible blow to your wealthy country with a top rate health care system! 6000 lives lost in one week! That's a lot!

Meanwhile, 4500 children starve to death every day in India

that means 4500 children starved to death yesterday, just in India
4500 children will starve to death today, just in India
4500 children will starve to death tomorrow, just in India

31,500 children will starve to death this week, just in India.
this week, next week, every week until long after you've left this mortal sphere

but they're brown children, so their lives don't matter, right?

Redirection!
Don't look here..... look over there!
Look at this dreadful fact that I just dug up...... I can use this to poke a jibe at another member's post about another issue.

Redirection!

As if I believe that you give a fig for what you wrote.
I don't think that you don't give a damn for your own poor in the USA!
Do you support free education, subsistence and medicare for all US children?
Your leader who you no doubt adore just withdrew aid to the World Health Organisation, go and put that right.

Hypocrite.......

eider

yes, it's expected that the deaths reduction will lag the new cases reduction

meanwhile, we still have a respectable 79 deaths per 1 million population

of course that would be your response to the good news that the new cases count in the US is in a daily decline, that we have passed the peak, because you're insane, blinded by your irrational emotional hatred of another country's leader

i told you man, toss the telly - it has control of your mind in a way that's ugly to watch

that should read "Many reports from irrational emotional Trump-hating media are suggesting ..."

NOT spreading across the US - declining
Also declining in Spain, Italy, France, Germany ....

like attacking another country's leader out of a blind emotional irrational hatred?

are you so blinded by what the telly feeds you that you don't understand you're describing yourself?

Baloney!
We watched the infection and death stats on graphs for several countries this evening. The USA graph rises high above all others and is still rising steeply.
You should buy a telly and tune in to the BBC........

On Monday 13th April US death figure was about 20,000. The World will be able to see where that toll has reached to in four weeks.
Do some maths............ I'll keep this post on file.

ok doser

High of 57° and low of 38° is normal for Monroe, Michigan in April. I can't wait for global warming to kick in. People will flock to here for relief. We'll be the vacation paradise of the nation.

just saw the first boat of the day go by - an open 16 footer with a tiller steer outboard and what looked like two very cold fisherman from what I could see through the snow squall passing through.