Coronavirus slowing down.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do you support free education ... for all US children?

we have education for all US children but it's not free

for example, looking at the urban district I taught in twelve years ago, the expenditure per student for school year 2016/2017 was $22,820

Arthur Brain

What a load of waffle.
It's just s question of time, and if America reopens for business then you, who gathered stats for your medication supply agency, jolly well know what will happen
Didn't you get it all wrong only a few weeks ago, eh? Of course many people have been missing the ball, but you should have known better, surely

Seriously Eider, just put him on ignore, he feeds on traffic just like all trolls do and he's only going to use this situation to call you a "retard" multiple times as he does with anyone else he's got an obsession with. Unfortunately he's allowed to get away with it but at least with the ignore feature you don't have to see it. He's just here to bait, that's all.

ok doser

Seriously Eider, just put him on ignore, he feeds on traffic just like all trolls do and he's only going to use this situation to call you a "retard" multiple times as he does with anyone else he's got an obsession with. Unfortunately he's allowed to get away with it but at least with the ignore feature you don't have to see it. He's just here to bait, that's all.

Isn't that cute? My creepy stalker artie who has a mancrush on me is jealous of eider :chuckle:

ok doser

It is much better to achieve herd immunity without overloading the health care system. That's what these lockdowns accomplish.

of course - flattening the curve

but that inevitably squishes it out to the right

Last edited:

eider

Hi Arthur.
How are things going?
Will you ever run out of films? :chuckle:

Well, we've commenced a further three weeks of lockdown and most folks around here support that.

I'm getting used to some TOL members by now, it's been five years.... :)

Many members seem to think they are an expert, but I can't decide whether a world ripped up by a rampant sickness is better or worse than a world ripped up by lockdown. Because of that I have to think of vulnerable people, and that tilts the balance for me in to supporting lockdown.

In three weeks time I will look at the situation and then review the posts written by certain members four weeks before. Since our opinions cannot drive the world it doesn't matter how fruitless this will be, it'll just teach me more about some members, is all.

ok doser

In three weeks time I will look at the situation and then review the posts written by certain members four weeks before.

remember what I said about you possibly being on the spectrum and not realizing that you were being a jerk when you were being a jerk, and how I'd be glad to help by telling you that you were being a jerk when you're being a jerk?

this is one of those times :)

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Hi Arthur.
How are things going?
Will you ever run out of films? :chuckle:

Well, we've commenced a further three weeks of lockdown and most folks around here support that.

I'm getting used to some TOL members by now, it's been five years.... :)

Many members seem to think they are an expert, but I can't decide whether a world ripped up by a rampant sickness is better or worse than a world ripped up by lockdown. Because of that I have to think of vulnerable people, and that tilts the balance for me in to supporting lockdown.

In three weeks time I will look at the situation and then review the posts written by certain members four weeks before. Since our opinions cannot drive the world it doesn't matter how fruitless this will be, it'll just teach me more about some members, is all.

Well, not too bad. You can never run out of films or series to watch...;)

We have and probably a while before things resemble "normality" of some sort but hopefully things will improve soon.

Up to you in regards to certain posters here but trolls don't tend to change their tune very much. I doubt you'll see any change but your call.

ok doser

Up to you in regards to certain posters here but trolls don't tend to change their tune very much. I doubt you'll see any change but your call.

for someone who claims to have me on ignore, you sure talk about me a lot :chuckle:

eider

Well, not too bad. You can never run out of films or series to watch...;)

We have and probably a while before things resemble "normality" of some sort but hopefully things will improve soon.

Do you read any newspapers?
I was filing in to Sainsbury's this morning (the 'oldies' queue) and passing the newsprint display noticed a massive headline 'Pubs could be closed 'til Xmas!' The old boy ahead of me saw it as well and let out a typically English expletive starting with 'Oh ...!' :chuckle:

The boffins suggest that our stats graphs are dipping now. What do you think? Look at what has happened to Singapore, spiking up out of nowhere. And rising temperatures don't seem to be making much difference. Oh well, I'm actually getting better at chess..... I can hold off the computer for longer and can achieve stalemates more often. But winning.....? Nah! Not yet.

Trolls? They interest me, especially the ones that claim to be decent people. It's a little bit like various kinds of character profiling that I was involved in, back in the day. I don't pull the ignore function at all. Several years ago on another forum I put a member on ignore and not long afterwards found myself reading their posts which had been quoted by other members in replies........... = pointless, so stuck 'em back on to full-view! :D

Gary K

Banned
I just realized that's what our election process has been (up until Trump, anyway): Garbage In Garbage Out!

Ah, you're starting to wake up from the media-induced mental sleep that has been placed upon this nation for our entire lives.:up:

Stop watching TV and following the mockingbird media and you'll learn so much you'll be amazed at how much false information you've really been fed. It's a whole lot.