you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolai_42

So you seem to believe in OSAS?

What if someone who has been saved turns back to their flesh and loves the world before God and forgets about him, living by their own will not his, saying they believe, but they never think about him, and never live by his will?

Or, what if they were saved and then turn away and don't believe anymore, do they still belong to God and are they still saved?

I don’t believe in OSAS because I believe it trivializes salvation. Being born again is a watershed moment in an objective way - not just a personal renewal. That is why I think the whole OSAS approach has been problematic for the church of the last 150 years. What I believe is that many who say they are converted are not truly, fully converted because salvation is treated as some momentary decision and no roots are really formed. The one who truly comes to the Lord should be truly and fully broken over the depths of his sin and the extent to which he is stained or else he will go back to trusting in his own ways (innocuous though that may seem- externally) and will be again enticed to return to that life of indulgence.

But if a man truly comes to God with nothing but brokenness and in repentance, there will be little that can lure him back in to sin. A saved man may forget what he was saved from but will persevere, ultimately, in Christ. A man who is totally changed from the inside out will not follow the voice of another.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

nikolai_42

Yes those verses are true nothing can separate us from God if we are walking in the Spirit. But what can separate us from God is sin, and lusting after the flesh and this world.

The Holy Spirit won't remain with willful ungodly sinners. We are to turn from sin and live by the will of God.

1 Peter 4

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of histime in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God

1 John 2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many can say they are saved with their mouths, but those who are truly being saved are those living by the will of God, and they are those who shall enter into the kingdom of heaven according to Christ Jesus.

Allow me to add a thought here. Sin is going to be in the life of a believer. What won’t be is stiff-necked, persistent unrepentance. We are told to pray both for forgiveness AND to be delivered from evil. The evil that sin results in. And it is suffering that brings about this conformity. If we were already as we should be there would be no suffering. This, we are to trust in God and not ourself for we would (naturally) avoid that which God would do. But He does what He does because of what is in man.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just for you, meshak:

marhig has refuted your OP. If "might" means also "might not", and we can't tell which, then there is no basis of faith, and as marhig says, we can't be saved without faith. John 20:31 is not a conditional "might", it's a permissive "might".

You are right, it can be both. So your reasoning is actually helping my claim.

you cannot sure whatsoever because it can be both.

Derf

You are right, it can be both. So you increasing is actually helping my claim.

So you cannot sure whatsoever because it can be both.

Not in the context of the verse. Unless you are trying to put your own meaning into the verse. You wouldn't be trying to do that, would you, meshak?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
With that I fully agree. But you weren’t saved to then trust in your own works

Nope, no one can trusting your own works including "saved" Christians.

It is up to Jesus whether our works are in Him.

You are still repeating the same reasoning which already refuted.

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone else.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

It's a shame that your ignorance, combined with your stubbornness keeps you far away from the truth of the Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not in the context of the verse. Unless you are trying to put your own meaning into the verse. You wouldn't be trying to do that, would you, meshak?

Meshak doesn't even believe all of the Bible. She only trusts in the first four books of the Bible. (Matthew through John) Perhaps, that will help you understand where she's coming from?

glorydaz

I know that God will never leave me nor forsake me, so long as I remain in his goodness.

Ah, "remain in his goodness". :think:

Then you're boasting of remaining in His goodness, aren't you?

Titus 3:5KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;​

Man is ever one to boast.....but boasting is excluded by the law of Faith. Romans 3:27KJV

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe I understand salvation much better than many of you:)

Many of you dont understand "might" mean.

and it is English.

marhig understands this simple English and she is an English christian.

I believe you THINK you understand salvation. The problem is since you reject Paul and his Gospel, you're NOT a member of the 'Body of Christ', therefore, you don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you. If you were to pass from this world today, you'd be in Hades (Hell) and at the required moment in time, you'd stand before God the Father, be judged by your works and cast into the 'Lake of Fire' for eternity. There's still time for you to hear the Gospel and place all your faith in Christ alone and not yourself.

glorydaz

Yes those verses are true nothing can separate us from God if we are walking in the Spirit. But what can separate us from God is sin, and lusting after the flesh and this world.

The Holy Spirit won't remain with willful ungodly sinners. We are to turn from sin and live by the will of God.

1 Peter 4

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of histime in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God

1 John 2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many can say they are saved with their mouths, but those who are truly being saved are those living by the will of God, and they are those who shall enter into the kingdom of heaven according to Christ Jesus.

Save your lectures for those who are ignorant of God's Grace.

It is no big newsflash that there are many who claim to be Christians when they aren't.

All those who deny the deity of Christ are wanna be Christians....they quote verses that speak of life before the Comforter came to dwell permanently in the believer....being the seal and the earnest of our inheritance.

The fact that you preach loss of salvation only advertises the fact that you are merely a seeker...having not yet been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

Simply stated, you have no clue what it means to be created a new creature IN Christ Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If one trusts in ANYTHING other than the Gospel given to Paul on the 'Road to Damascus' by the 'Ascended Lord Jesus Christ,' they are are placing their faith in 'Another Gospel.' Other gospels do not guarantee eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Save your lectures for those who are ignorant of God's Grace.

It is no big newsflash that there are many who claim to be Christians when they aren't.

All those who deny the deity of Christ are wanna be Christians....they quote verses that speak of life before the Comforter came to dwell permanently in the believer....being the seal and the earnest of our inheritance.

The fact that you preach loss of salvation only advertises the fact that you are merely a seeker...having not yet been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

Simply stated, you have no clue what it means to be created a new creature IN Christ Jesus.

Amen, Sister.

God's Truth

If one trusts in ANYTHING other than the Gospel given to Paul on the 'Road to Damascus' by the 'Ascended Lord Jesus Christ,' they are are placing their faith in 'Another Gospel.' Other gospels do not guarantee eternal life.

You make Paul guilty of preaching another gospel.

Paul did no such thing.

Was Paul saved after he believed on that road?

Yes or no.

Did Paul have to do something before he got saved?

Yes or no.

Acts 9: 6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

nikolai_42

I haven’t said anything different. If it is Jesus’ works then why is there any question about being saved? Is it not (the way you think about it) up to the individual whether or not they are ultimately saved? Isn’t it then a question whether anyone would ever be finally saved ( since it is up to them to abide in Christ)?

Status
Not open for further replies.