you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I was responding to your post, not marhig's.

As I told you before, I just think you were trying to start an argument.

Just because you dont like the answer I gave you, dont make it as an argument.

No one can refute my simple claim, not even you, friend.

You guys cannot refute, so all you can do is an insult.

so typical.

drbrumley

It's been refuted over and over and over.....

I get it....you have been indoctrinated into a set of beliefs. And you are happy in those beliefs....so work your butt off Meshak if you're inclined to do so.

drbrumley

Do you realize that is very similar to the Islamic view of salvation? Allah may or may not pardon them when they go before him at the judgement. It's all just up to him and they hope their good works outweigh their bad (not necessarily outnumber them, but outweigh them).

LOL!!! She's a closet MUSLIM!!!! LOL!!!

drbrumley

I have never said one will not do works if they are saved. But order is critical. We are saved UNTO good works that God has before prepared that we should walk in them. Not saved IF we do good works.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

:up:

Yeah, she doesn't understand the word "unto"

Derf

I was responding to your post, not marhig's.

As I told you before, I just think you were trying to start an argument.

Just because you dont like the answer I gave you, dont make it as an argument.

No one can refute my simple claim, not even you, friend.

so typical.
where's the insult?

nikolai_42

So you seem to believe in OSAS?

What if someone who has been saved turns back to their flesh and loves the world before God and forgets about him, living by their own will not his, saying they believe, but they never think about him, and never live by his will?

Or, what if they were saved and then turn away and don't believe anymore, do they still belong to God and are they still saved?

These are what ifs that assume things that imply the Lord knew someone and then didn’t. Matthew 7:23 has Jesus saying “I NEVER knew you” and 2 Tim 2:19 says the Lord KNEW those that are His. That word is apparently aorist - which means it is a timeless knowledge (implying eternal knowledge). And the word for knowledge is not knowledge about something or someone - rather an intimate personal knowledge. The Lord doesn’t just look through time to discern who will choose Him. He knows them intimately from eternity. So those that are saved are saved and are fire known by God. We can’t necessarily objectively know who is saved (God certainty does) but we can have subjective confirmation of our salvation.

God's Truth

Where in scripture does it have God say “If you obey my commandments I will save you”? I know Titus denies that....

Show me where in Titus it says that, and I will show you were you are mistaken.

Here are scriptures that say if you obey Jesus he will save you:

Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a disciple, as a family member and as a friend if you do not do what he says.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

marhig

Where in scripture does it have God say “If you obey my commandments I will save you”? I know Titus denies that....

Without obedience we don't receive the Holy Spirit. So how can we be saved without the Spirit?

Acts 5

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him

And Jesus said those who enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the will of the father which is in heaven.

And there's this,

Revelation 22

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

No doing the commandments no entering in and no eating off the tree of Life.

Without death to self, there is no life because God can't live in a person who puts their flesh before him. And others won't see God and Christ and the fruits of the Spirit, they'll see our flesh.

Those who belong to God are doers of the word and not hearers only, people seem to think that they are saved and that's it. No once we are saved we partake in the sufferings of Christ and do the works of God and live by his will.

marhig

I don’t believe in OSAS because I believe it trivializes salvation. Being born again is a watershed moment in an objective way - not just a personal renewal. That is why I think the whole OSAS approach has been problematic for the church of the last 150 years. What I believe is that many who say they are converted are not truly, fully converted because salvation is treated as some momentary decision and no roots are really formed. The one who truly comes to the Lord should be truly and fully broken over the depths of his sin and the extent to which he is stained or else he will go back to trusting in his own ways (innocuous though that may seem- externally) and will be again enticed to return to that life of indulgence.

But if a man truly comes to God with nothing but brokenness and in repentance, there will be little that can lure him back in to sin. A saved man may forget what he was saved from but will persevere, ultimately, in Christ. A man who is totally changed from the inside out will not follow the voice of another.

I agree with much of that, but what we are tried and tested, Satan knows our weakness and he will tempt us we all that our flesh loves. And it's not a walk in the park, it's hard work to deny your flesh at times, I have to pray hard to God to help me to overcome because I can't do it myself. I'm not perfect, but I find it very hard to sin, I don't think that I can wilfully do something against God(I hope not anyway) And once we walk in the Spirit we should keeping the commandments of God as the Spirit puts us right in our hearts daily, and the laws should be in our hearts and in our minds as the Spirit guides us in the truth.

And we have a choice daily, listen to our conscience and listen to God, or give up to temptation and Satan. We are to choose each day whom we are to serve, we have freewill, and we go to God for help to overcome, as long as we are in sinful flesh we can fall, we need God to keep us from doing so, and he is only with those who love him, who truly have faith in him and are willing to live by his.

marhig

Allow me to add a thought here. Sin is going to be in the life of a believer. What won’t be is stiff-necked, persistent unrepentance. We are told to pray both for forgiveness AND to be delivered from evil. The evil that sin results in. And it is suffering that brings about this conformity. If we were already as we should be there would be no suffering. This, we are to trust in God and not ourself for we would (naturally) avoid that which God would do. But He does what He does because of what is in man.

He helps us because we love him , have faith and we are are willing to obey him.

If we are not willing to obey God, then we don't truly love him.

marhig

Save your lectures for those who are ignorant of God's Grace.

It is no big newsflash that there are many who claim to be Christians when they aren't.

All those who deny the deity of Christ are wanna be Christians....they quote verses that speak of life before the Comforter came to dwell permanently in the believer....being the seal and the earnest of our inheritance.

The fact that you preach loss of salvation only advertises the fact that you are merely a seeker...having not yet been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

Simply stated, you have no clue what it means to be created a new creature IN Christ Jesus.

A new creature in Christ is one baptised of the Spirit, and those who are baptised of the Spirit are born anew, dead to self and they live by the will of God and and lives to please the father and they put themselves last!

A new creature means the old one is gone, dead. And we are born again through Christ by the Spirit, thus our new life should be in obedience to God and doing his works. If Christ is in our hearts, then his life will be in and through us, and we will live to please God as he did.

marhig

These are what ifs that assume things that imply the Lord knew someone and then didn’t. Matthew 7:23 has Jesus saying “I NEVER knew you” and 2 Tim 2:19 says the Lord KNEW those that are His. That word is apparently aorist - which means it is a timeless knowledge (implying eternal knowledge). And the word for knowledge is not knowledge about something or someone - rather an intimate personal knowledge. The Lord doesn’t just look through time to discern who will choose Him. He knows them intimately from eternity. So those that are saved are saved and are fire known by God. We can’t necessarily objectively know who is saved (God certainty does) but we can have subjective confirmation of our salvation.

I don't believe in predestination, if that was so, there would be no need call many, no need to preach the gospel to every creature in every nation and the angels in heaven would have no need to rejoice over one sinner that repents and there would be no need to be saved through faith by God's grace, because they would already be saved by God which is not the truth. We have freewill and we have a choice. Believe the truth or not.

There is no need for repentance if God has already chosen who are his. Yet Jesus and his apostles all preach that we are to repent, which is to regret and turn away from, and for us that's sin!

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There she goes, trying to take the joy of being a christian and worshipping God out of the equation.

Jesus did not die for us so we can continue on with our wicked or worldly way of living.

Your kind of faith make Jesus death on the cross graceless or hypocritical.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe in predestination, if that was so, there would be no need call many, no need to preach the gospel to every creature in every nation and the angels in heaven would have no need to rejoice over one sinner that repents and there would be no need to be saved through faith by God's grace, because they would already be saved by God which is not the truth. We have freewill and we have a choice. Believe the truth or not.

There is no need for repentance if God has already chosen who are his. Yet Jesus and his apostles all preach that we are to repent, which is to regret and turn away from, and for us that's sin!

bless you for you patience and faithfulness.

The world needs to know the true Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.