This place is in serious decline. Why?

john w

Hall of Fame
Because this place just isn't the same without you.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.
Nah, D...It is because most of the TOL audience has been busy, with the anointing, and claiming their miracle today!!!! Puh rayyzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! I feel the guh-loree clowd upon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus a shout of puh rayzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Danoh

While you were gone there was a lot less false doctrine to refute.

It is how you and your pals constantly insult and spit on anyone who do not agree with you that has driven various people away.

That and the fact that you and your pals are constantly coddled by a certain mod.

I've run into them on other forums asserting this very point, when asked by others considering trying out TOL, why they left.

Other people note they have heard of TOL's poor reputation - due to your kind.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is how you and your pals constantly insult and spit on anyone who do not agree with you that has driven various people away.

That and the fact that you and your pals are constantly coddled by a certain mod.

I've run into them on other forums asserting this very point, when asked by others considering trying out TOL, why they left.

Oh get real.
You can't even make a post without belittling someone at every turn.
Why do you even stay here if you think so little of TOL?????

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told.......

Truth be told.......

Truth! :thumb:

I'm part of the old guard somewhat, and miss alot of older posters who have left for whatever reason. while I have some roots and quite a bit of history/commentary here, I've been exploring another site, which some posters here are checking out for something new and fresh.

I've started posting again, but will coordinate my time and projects carefully. As far as my critique on the evolution and condition of this forum is concerned, it is what it is as a product of the quality of people involved at any given time; anything is what people make it; all communities are a 'co-creative' venture.

I've been thru various trends here and held my ground, speak my truth, as a free thinker, eclectic, spiritualist, and even as a more liberal spirit as of late (if thats possible) as those engrossed in dogma and mental grid-lock inspire my flight away from closed paradigms and depressing/conflicted belief-systems.

I find my connection to infinity as keeping all potentials and possibilities open, which makes for a wonderful life and true research into theology, metaphysics and philosophy more engaging. Its in this direction and the ethic of 'creative dialogue' that I go forward, into the unknown, without fear.

As far as TOLs destiny goes, thats in members hands and what they put into it, and HOW they treat others. - thats what really matters.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It certainly does damper down the participation when members have to *post past* others in order to not be removed from a thread or given a ban to appease *the* minority of posters ...

fool

Hall of Fame
Why the decline?
Well for one thing the soft serve ice cream machine in the cafeteria broke and they never fixed it, it's just sitting there. Also the moderation, They tried to knock the rough edges off the place but in doing that removed the core of prolific posters that drove the excitement around here.

I think the election also polarized the place and you can barely talk to someone on the other side without descending into insults. The people divided into two camps and there's a Hatfields and McCoys thing going on.

So pretty much people doing what people do.

Truster

What I found comical was each time I took out a subscription here I was banned. I felt as if I was being penalised for supporting the site. It usually happened within 7 to 10 days and then I'd go off elsewhere during the ban and if I found it interesting I'd stick around.

From a business perspective you don't attract customers if the shop is shut. When you slam the door in the face of customers then you're asking for trouble.

Speaking from my own experience I had PJ sending me private messages and posting snide remarks. He wasn't the only one either. He was also the instigator of my being locked out of threads...funny world, ain't it!

Danoh

Truth! :thumb:

I'm part of the old guard somewhat, and miss alot of older posters who have left for whatever reason. while I have some roots and quite a bit of history/commentary here, I've been exploring another site, which some posters here are checking out for something new and fresh.

I've started posting again, but will coordinate my time and projects carefully. As far as my critique on the evolution and condition of this forum is concerned, it is what it is as a product of the quality of people involved at any given time; anything is what people make it; all communities are a 'co-creative' venture.

I've been thru various trends here and held my ground, speak my truth, as a free thinker, eclectic, spiritualist, and even as a more liberal spirit as of late (if thats possible) as those engrossed in dogma and mental grid-lock inspire my flight away from closed paradigms and depressing/conflicted belief-systems.

I find my connection to infinity as keeping all potentials and possibilities open, which makes for a wonderful life and true research into theology, metaphysics and philosophy more engaging. Its in this direction and the ethic of 'creative dialogue' that I go forward, into the unknown, without fear.

As far as TOLs destiny goes, thats in members hands and what they put into it, and HOW they treat others. - thats what really matters.

Several attempts were made to recruit me - on here - to that other forum that various people on here (and various people on here and their pals complaining about my above post about their hypocrisy) have somehow all ended up on that other forum, by some odd coincidence.

Some of the pals click on here regularly contributing both their own and ideas obviously and blatantly lifted from TOL to the improvement of that other forum.

Its owner is obviously aware that is exactly how many of his posters from here ended up over there, but is obviously too busy being "a Believer" to be bothered by such foul play.

I know.

I took a good look around over there but declined said attempt to recruit me over there - on here - each time and for the simple reason that I do not agree with how I and obviously many others on here found out about that forum - through an attempt - on here - to recruit us to it.

Some on here are apparently no longer able to allow such indiscretions to pierce their "conscience."

But I long ago proved on here the hypocrisy of the infamously well known click on here, so it was no surprise to see many of their pals over there.

You, well, that is on you, and just shows what you are actually about despite all your hoopla about Freelights and what not.

My conscience remains...clear.