ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

God's Truth

For [MENTION=3267]GodsTruth[/MENTION]

If I committed some sin -whether in thought, word, or deed, one minute before a fatal car crash - would I go to hell if I did not have time to repent of it? And, please, don't just say that it's up to God without giving me a specific Bible reference.

Why would you be doing a sin whether in thought, word, or deed?

God's Truth

No accusation; just observation. I am open to correction. If you don't mean to be demanding, just let me know.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I am here because I love God's Truth and I just want to help others to know Jesus better.

If anyone hears what I am saying as being anything but loving, then it is coming from within the listener, not from me.

drbrumley

No. You want me to make a call on them

For starters, it isn't your CALL.....

and not say that it is up to God, then give me more information.

Say he is driving his car, going thru an intersection....and a really beautiful woman is walking on the sidewalk....I mean really beautiful.....you get the picture so far. He has glanced away only for a moment, wishing to have this woman as his own, sleeping with her and another car comes racing thru the intersection and slams him on the drivers side instantly killing the driver....

There's your example.

Now answer the question please.

Myrrhcask

How does this sound to you:

Matthew 5:13[ Salt and Light ] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

Matthew 8:12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 13:28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Luke 14:35 It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

Luke 12:46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. 2 Peter 3:10

Matthew 24:43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

2 Peter 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 16:15 "Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."
It sounds like you have done a lot of study of the judgments of God. But, does the thought of judgment make you rejoice or weep? Do you point your finger or intercede?

What does this verse mean to you?

Matt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

I've heard many people speak on what this does not mean, but few on what it does mean. If Jesus said for us not to judge one another, it must mean something.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Happens all the time to christians.....please answer the question.

You're correct. Matthew 22:37 states; "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." This is one of the Ten Commandments and if we're NOT obeying it 24/7 than we are committing sin according to the Bible. Can anyone truly say they're obedient to this Commandment alone? I think not. We all fall short on this one. So, I agree with you.