you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolai_42

So? Where does it say you dont have to follow Him or being faihtful to Him have eternal life?

Which comes first? Your faithfulness or Christ's salvation? Or more accurately, by what strength are you being faithful for eternal life? If it were Christ's, then there would be assurance (see again Hebrews 6:18-19). If not, then you are running in your own strength.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That is the textbook definition of salvation by works.

Meshak has a few problems with the Bible itself. First of all, she doesn't trust in anything the Apostle Paul has to say. That rejection of Paul and his Gospel is what will keep Meshak out of Heaven and the eternal presence of God. She desires to do it the old fashion way, she wants to 'EARN IT.'

john w

Hall of Fame
One should never grow too comfortable as a Christian. Satan wants to take as many as he can to hell with him, especially Christians. Being a Christian is no cakewalk.

Yes, one of the hardest things men/women can do, which is "no cakewalk," the requirement to become a member of the boc, is to shuck/jettison any attempt to present his/her works, filthy rags, as a basis for justification, acceptance, before a holy LORD God, and accept, by faith, the provision He has provided through the Lord Jesus Christ alone, as a basis for justification, acceptance, trusting what the Saviour did 2000+ years ago,alone, as the sole solution to the sin/sins issue.That is no cakewalk for proud, boastful, self righteous mankind, and explains why most are headed for hell, rejecting the only provision.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Which comes first? Your faithfulness or Christ's salvation? Or more accurately, by what strength are you being faithful for eternal life? If it were Christ's, then there would be assurance (see again Hebrews 6:18-19). If not, then you are running in your own strength.

You cannot follow Him without being in Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you see this clear verse, "saved" Christians?

John 20:31 KJV - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

According to this verse, you cannot be sure of your salvation.

His followers have the hope of eternal life.

So you guys are delusioned.

This is the most clear and simple verse of salvation that no one can twist it.

bump for [MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION].

marhig

Proving once again, that the natural man cannot understand things of the Spirit.

Biblical Hope is not "wishful thinking", and if you ever managed to read the Bible with understanding, you'd know that. Study up on the word HOPE before you start telling me what Paul means by the word.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
I know that God will never leave me nor forsake me, so long as I remain in his goodness. But I also know that if I turn back to my flesh he will let me go and turn me over to me reprobate mind. I can't love God and the flesh. God won't stay with those who love their flesh and this world more them him.

Our Lord Jesus said, that the father never leaves him because he always does what pleases him.

And they goes for us to, if we live our lives putting ourselves, our flesh and this world before God, then we will leave us

The books of Jude, 2 Peter 2, and Romans 1 are about people who belonged to God through Christ, and turned back again loving their flesh and the world before God. God will not stay in the hearts of people like this.

2 Peter 2

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

marhig

"We can fall", you say?

Thank God we are not the ones performing the work in us.

Our confidence is NOT to be in ourselves.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

We are not victims of our own weaknesses, as you perpetually whine....boasting in your carrying of your cross. No, we are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM. We are HIS workmanship. He is the potter and we are the clay. Get over yourself, Miss Clay.

Romans 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

Yes those verses are true nothing can separate us from God if we are walking in the Spirit. But what can separate us from God is sin, and lusting after the flesh and this world.

The Holy Spirit won't remain with willful ungodly sinners. We are to turn from sin and live by the will of God.

1 Peter 4

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of histime in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God

1 John 2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many can say they are saved with their mouths, but those who are truly being saved are those living by the will of God, and they are those who shall enter into the kingdom of heaven according to Christ Jesus.

marhig

Does that persevering to the end prove what was always true or does it make it true?

The famous passage in Hebrews 6 has this statement :

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Hebrews 6:9

If their salvation were dependent on their own perseverance (after all God had done in Jesus Christ and by giving the Holy Spirit) then they would have no ground upon which to be persuaded that the Hebrews to which they wrote were not of the class of those that turn away. So there is an element of foreordination that can't be denied and that goes beyond a person's own work. All the things you mentioned are necessary in salvation, but the ground upon which they are had is not self-effort. It is of Christ or it is of no one.

I also note that they speak of being persuaded of better things that accompany salvation. If I read that correctly, the things that accompany salvation are fairly distinct and do not indicate false belief. Yes...it is only made clear with time, but in the end if someone is persevering so they can be saved (as oppposed to persevering in the work of God), that is a mark of unbelief. The one persevering already has that secure hope of salvation at the end so they aren't running the race just so they don't fall away - they are running to build up (add rewards to?) the salvation that has already been provided for (and in) them by God.

So you seem to believe in OSAS?

What if someone who has been saved turns back to their flesh and loves the world before God and forgets about him, living by their own will not his, saying they believe, but they never think about him, and never live by his will?

Or, what if they were saved and then turn away and don't believe anymore, do they still belong to God and are they still saved?

Derf

Do you see this clear verse, "saved" Christians?

John 20:31 KJV - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

According to this verse, you cannot be sure of your salvation.

His followers have the hope of eternal life.

So you guys are delusioned.

This is the most clear and simple verse of salvation that no one can twist it.

bump for [MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION].

Just for you, meshak:

marhig has refuted your OP. If "might" means also "might not", and we can't tell which, then there is no basis of faith, and as marhig says, we can't be saved without faith. John 20:31 is not a conditional "might", it's a permissive "might".

Well how can we be saved without faith?

We are saved by the grace of God through faith. So without faith we can't be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.