No Death Penalty. What Is Your Position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I sure hope not, and BTW, child molestation is far from under control

true, but my point was made - we don't control any undesirable behaviors by monitoring people in their homes - not murder, not rape, nothing

we control them by communicating through the law that they are forbidden, with stiff penalties enacted upon those who decide to disobey the law

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, in other words, would you agree that if the couple cannot resolve the issue themselves, the enforcer should be the government?

Insofar as telling them whether or not they can divorce? No. If the couple cannot agree on custody, property, etc., the court would need to make the decision.

To make it clear, as long as neither parent present a danger to the kids, custody should be shared.

ok doser

OK fine, how are they (homos) hurting you.

i'll take this one

i was a boy scout leader some ten years ago or so when my boys were young - it was a terrific experience for them and for me - growth opportunities for all in an environment virtually unchanged from the one I found when I was young and my father before me

now, because of societally acceptable homosexuality (among other factors) it is unrecognizable: https://www.city-journal.org/html/destroying-boy-scouts-15945.html

drbrumley

i'll take this one

i was a boy scout leader some ten years ago or so when my boys were young - it was a terrific experience for them and for me - growth opportunities for all in an environment virtually unchanged from the one I found when I was young and my father before me

And I wish it was the same now, but alas, it hasn't.

now, because of societally acceptable homosexuality (among other factors) it is unrecognizable: https://www.city-journal.org/html/destroying-boy-scouts-15945.html

True. The Scouts nowhere resemble what I remember either. So we are in the same boat.

Now if a homo was molesting a child, then there is grounds to arrest the guy, if he lived long enough for the police to get there,

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, that's the thing. If one party doesn't respect and value their spouse then is it surprising that said spouse seeks such elsewhere? It's not always black and white is all I'm saying and I can see your disagreements too.

It really comes down to values. Being cheated on hurt. However, even during my divorce, I was still legally married. When asked out during that time period, I didn’t even consider it.

Children tend to behave like their role models. My ex’s role model was his father. There is a monkey see monkey do in here somewhere ...

ok doser

and as a followup [MENTION=10403]Arthur Brain[/MENTION], have you read the Pentateuch? Have you read the whole Bible, cover to cover?

Have you read the Bible today? Do you read it daily? once a week? once a month?

when is the last time you read the Bible for enjoyment?

it is widely regarded as the most influential piece of literature ever produced, regardless of your feelings about divine inspiration

ok doser

Now if a homo was molesting a child, then there is grounds to arrest the guy, if he lived long enough for the police to get there,

one massive problem that I see is that society, government, public schools, scouts, even many churches today - all of them are telling children - impressionable minds - the same thing, the same drumbeat of "homosexuality is normal", "exploring your sexuality is normal" - we've sown the seeds for a generation of kids who won't see molestation as abnormal or worth reporting

the harvest we'll reap will be societally acceptable pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.