ECT Hebrews- Problem verses for Interplanner

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Heb 12:28 KJV) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Notice the writer of Hebrews used the word "receiving" (present tense).

The book of Hebrews singlehandedly defeats Dispensationalism more than any other book in the Bible.

(Heb 1:2 KJV) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Again, the Darby Followers are quick to point out that "not yet", really means "not yet".....but at the same time these same Darby Followers tell us that "in these last days", doesn't really mean "in these last days".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Keep reading Hebrews, the writer of Hebrews made it clear, that it was soon going to happen:

(Heb 8:37 KJV) For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
My bible doesn't have Heb 8:37.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny watching all you Darby Followers take the phrase "not yet" literally, but at the same time twisting the phrase "a little while" into meaning 1,900+ years and still counting.
Funny watching preterists claim that the lightning bolt on a Roman legion flag in the 1st century is the fulfillment of Christ coming in Mat 24:27.

legio-XII.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Written prior to 70AD.

At the time Hebrews was written, Christ Jesus had not yet returned, and put all His enemies under His feet.

Keep reading Hebrews, the writer of Hebrews made it clear, that it was soon going to happen:

(Heb 10:37 KJV) For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Funny watching all you Darby Followers take the phrase "not yet" literally, but at the same time twisting the phrase "a little while" into meaning 1,900+ years and still counting.

(Heb 12:28 KJV) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Notice the writer of Hebrews used the word "receiving" (present tense).

The book of Hebrews singlehandedly defeats Dispensationalism more than any other book in the Bible.

(Heb 1:2 KJV) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Again, the Darby Followers are quick to point out that "not yet", really means "not yet".....but at the same time these same Darby Followers tell us that "in these last days", doesn't really mean "in these last days".

I'm watching the 2nd hour of PBS's 'The Vietnam War' while corresponding with a friend who was there. Lovely, simply lovely.

You're an idiot!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Heb 9:26 KJV) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

In order to be a Darby Follower, the phrase "but now once in the end of the world" in Heb 9:26, has to be twisted into a pretzel. The word "now" cannot mean "now".

Like I said, the book of Hebrews completely destroys Dispensationalism.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb 10:37

You won't like what it says.
I don't why I wouldn't.

I don't dislike this one either.

Psalms 37:10 KJV
(10) For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

I don't dislike this one either.

Haggai 2:6 KJV
(6) For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're speaking Darbyese.

Maybe you should look up the definition of the word "tarry".

(Heb 10:37 KJV) For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
What's the matter, you don't like those other scriptures with "little while" in them???

Psalms 37:10 KJV
(10) For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

How soon was that going to be?

Haggai 2:6 KJV
(6) For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

How soon was that going to be???

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Closing song on PBS second hour Sam Cooke's 'Mean Old World' though pertaining to love relationships and being alone, it nailed it in the first line, 'It's a mean old world to live in...'.

Some folks, no matter what the hard event, have no problem whatsoever of seeing the reality of this world not as yet being in subjection to the SON.
Some others are wearing self-imposed blinders.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What's the matter, you don't like those other scriptures with "little while" in them???

Um...none of those verses have: "and will not tarry".

Also, you need to apply the other phrases from the book of Hebrews, such as "in these last days", etc.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Closing song on PBS second hour Sam Cooke's 'Mean Old World' though pertaining to love relationships and being alone, it nailed it in the first line, 'It's a mean old world to live in...'.

Some folks, no matter what the hard event, have no problem whatsoever of seeing the reality of this world not as yet being in subjection to the SON.
Some others are wearing self-imposed blinders.
Well said.
The preterist view, that we are living in the peace and safety that God promised RIGHT NOW, is a big let down.
I mean, if this is the best it gets ...... I'm not impressed.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(1 Cor 15:25) For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

A king can't reign with no enemies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well said.
The preterist view, that we are living in the peace and safety that God promised RIGHT NOW, is a big let down.

The kingdom is not of this world. Never will be.

(John 18:36) Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

I mean, if this is the best it gets ...... I'm not impressed.

It will only get worse on planet earth, not better.

Which is why I'm really glad the kingdom is not on planet earth.