The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I would assume that Mr Knight sees things in a different manner.
What good is a forum if everyone agrees. Are you getting hotter Lon? Are you concerned that you just might learn something from an uneducated person like myself?

You only understand what your church told you, there is more to the story than that.

If your looking for a "yes" man you will not find him in my posts.

We both love God Lon but we both see him in different light. I stand on what I have been blessed to see. Your Traditions are blinding you.

You are leaning on your own understanding of Scripture, which is blinding you to the truth of them.

"Hypocrite, first remove the beam from your own eye, so that you may see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye."

Reactions: Lon

Lon

I would assume that Mr Knight sees things in a different manner.
Not to learn anything from you. I know the reason this website was started.
What good is a forum if everyone agrees. Are you getting hotter Lon? Are you concerned that you just might learn something from an uneducated person like myself?
No, but lest this become the "Lon/Keypurr" show you should probably get back on topic.
You only understand what your church told you, there is more to the story than that.
:nono: You have been brainwashed, not me. I know how to think. You are stuck with your limited education. I will not be learning from you today. :wave:

If your looking for a "yes" man you will not find him in my posts.
You seem to tote the JW line just fine to me.

We both love God Lon but we both see him in different light.
Right. I'm on a triune board, you are not. You purposefully want the contention. Me? I think that's a bit mental.
I never understand a cult wanting to hang out with Trinitarian Christians. It is like you live for this contention. Me? I can and will shortly, leave this thread.
I stand on what I have been blessed to see. Your Traditions are blinding you.
Is that what you think? That you are blessing us? Is that what you think? How do I shut this poor thinking down without offense? I can't. I have to tell you it is completely rejected. I have to tell you that you do not, in fact, think better than I do. I have to tell you that I believe much of your theology is not against 'my church' or 'tradition' but blasphemy against scripture. Weird, without your prowess, you think you can teach me something. I've read scriptures more than you, have spent more time studying like a Berean more than you, etc. etc. Yeah, I'm a bit arrogant over another's lack. Is it arrogance or just knowing I'm right? :think:
Sorry to be blunt. I've held back for a couple of posts, trying to get this discussion of the you and me show off of us and about Him and trying to answer with grace. Colossians 4:6 but 1 John 2:26-27

keypurr

Not to learn anything from you. I know the reason this website was started.
No, but lest this become the "Lon/Keypurr" show you should probably get back on topic.

:nono: You have been brainwashed, not me. I know how to think. You are stuck with your limited education. I will not be learning from you today. :wave:

You seem to tote the JW line just fine to me.

Right. I'm on a triune board, you are not. You purposefully want the contention. Me? I think that's a bit mental.
I never understand a cult wanting to hang out with Trinitarian Christians. It is like you live for this contention. Me? I can and will shortly, leave this thread.

Is that what you think? That you are blessing us? Is that what you think? How do I shut this poor thinking down without offense? I can't. I have to tell you it is completely rejected. I have to tell you that you do not, in fact, think better than I do. I have to tell you that I believe much of your theology is not against 'my church' or 'tradition' but blasphemy against scripture. Weird, without your prowess, you think you can teach me something. I've read scriptures more than you, have spent more time studying like a Berean more than you, etc. etc. Yeah, I'm a bit arrogant over another's lack. Is it arrogance or just knowing I'm right? :think:
Sorry to be blunt. I've held back for a couple of posts, trying to get this discussion of the you and me show off of us and about Him and trying to answer with grace. Colossians 4:6 but 1 John 2:26-27

Lon I know I see things you will never see because your slanted education will not allow you to. I have been a Trinity beliver, the pieces just don't not fit the puzzle.

I wish you well Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Lon

Lon I know I see things you will never see because your slanted education will not allow you to. I have been a Trinity beliver
No, I don't think you ever were, not by study or conviction from study.
the pieces just don't not fit the puzzle.
Again, without trying to be mean, you don't have the prowess imho. If I try to hold back and be civil and gracious, you think I'm being swayed or am lacking confidence. Bluntly, I'm convinced of what is true and believe your doctrines are blasphemy against scripture and the nature of God.

keypurr

Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid. - Proverbs 12:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs12:1&version=NKJV

Keypurr, you are resisting correction from scripture. You are stupid.
I have often stated that I am still learning and that anyone who thinks he knows all is only fooling himself.

You call me stupid because I left the Trinity to find truth. Neither you nor Lon have a full view of my thoughts. Yet you call me stupid. My IQ of 134 disagrees with you. And that was when I was 32 years ago.

Follow whom you wish JudgeR, as for me, I believe in the words of Christ that there is only one true God, the Fsther.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have often stated that I am still learning and that anyone who thinks he knows all is only fooling himself.

You call me stupid because I left the Trinity to find truth. Neither you nor Lon have a full view of my thoughts. Yet you call me stupid. My IQ of 134 disagrees with you. And that was when I was 32 years ago.

Follow whom you wish JudgeR, as for me, I believe in the words of Christ that there is only one true God, the Fsther.

Keypurr, you reject correction from Scripture.

According to Proverbs 12:1, you are stupid.

keypurr

Keypurr, you reject correction from Scripture.

According to Proverbs 12:1, you are stupid.
Not so, I just see it for what it says.

Why do you reject the words of Jesus Christ in John 17:3?

Why do you accept that there is another true God?

Why do you not want to see that Jesus has the same God do?

Time to wake up set the course in your life my friend, Jesus is calling you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

You don't see it at all, and you rely on your own understanding, instead of relying on what the Bible actually says.

Where have I ever rejected John 17:3?

In fact, just recently I used it to support my position.

Where have I ever said there is more than one God? There is one God, who manifests Himself in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

Keypurr, you're not paying very good attention to the posts in this thread. I have addressed this at least twice. Please, go through and find and read those posts.

Time to wake up set the corse in you life my friend, Jesus is calling you.

Keypurr, I'm not the one who has deadened himself to the teachings of the Bible.

keypurr

You don't see it at all, and you rely on your own understanding, instead of relying on what the Bible actually says.

Where have I ever rejected John 17:3?

In fact, just recently I used it to support my position.

Where have I ever said there is more than one God? There is one God, who manifests Himself in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

Keypurr, you're not paying very good attention to the posts in this thread. I have addressed this at least twice. Please, go through and find and read those posts.

Keypurr, I'm not the one who has deadened himself to the teachings of the Bible.
If there is only one true God and that is the Father then there no Trinity. God is not in three pieces JR.

You can not have it both ways. Jesus never claimed to be God. He prayed to his God. Did Jesus lie when he said that there is only one TRUE God?

Traditions were built by men who thought the world was flat. Follow them if you wish. It's not for me, I believe Jesus.

Lon

The only time this comes up, however, is during this conversation and you are immovable.

You call me stupid because I left the Trinity to find truth.
Problem: It assumes the Trinity isn't true. There is no place else to go once you decided that.
Neither you nor Lon have a full view of my thoughts.
On this matter, we do. I have a thread with 340 pages that discuss this topic, most without banter.

Yet you call me stupid. My IQ of 134 disagrees with you. And that was when I was 32 years ago.
For the most part, age isn't a factor, barring a brain injury, abuse, or disease. I don't really have much to say but one time a student told me I was 'stupid.' I responded, "If I am stupid, and my IQ is 50 above yours or more, what does that mean about you?" :think: I think JRightly is saying 'foolish.' The student was questioning my academic prowess.

Can't be, according to Scriptures. That is why I call it blasphemy.

This might be difficult, but with a 134 IQ, you may grasp it. 1) I agree with you that the Lord Jesus Christ has a Father God. 2) I don't assume 'a god' like you do. Rather John 1:1 gives, I believe, the answer to your conundrum: ...was with and was God...
There is no ability to understand with/was unless it comes with an ascent, that somehow both must necessarily be true. JW's literally 'add' a word Matthew 5:18 Revelation 22:19 If I had to do that, I would start writing 'my' ideas into scripture. "a" small as it is, just isn't there. In fact 'the' is the word that is there. T
John 1:1 Was/with God. It is clear.
Not a completed sentence, but I suspect John 1:1 again. John 20:28 as well. I have a thread that is wholly dedicated to the scriptures. Look at it. It isn't for debate, it is simply to consider scriptures. Notice my only contributions are to add scriptures as well as explain why I believe they demand what we believe we demand. Look at that thread. There is no creed, denomination, or tradition discussion that you accuse us of that I remember in those pages. PPS does eventually discuss with us how modern churches have missed the ball on a few counts.
Time to wake up set the course in your life my friend, Jesus is calling you.
:think: I have a 340 page thread of mostly scriptures. I've had Anti-Trinitarians removed for causing disruption instead of using scripture and discussing so the wading through dross is kept to a minimal. The scripture are about Jesus and using His words. He indeed, is calling. -Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The only time this comes up, however, is during this conversation and you are immovable.

Problem: It assumes the Trinity isn't true. There is no place else to go once you decided that.

On this matter, we do. I have a thread with 340 pages that discuss this topic, most without banter.

For the most part, age isn't a factor, barring a brain injury, abuse, or disease. I don't really have much to say but one time a student told me I was 'stupid.' I responded, "If I am stupid, and my IQ is 50 above yours or more, what does that mean about you?" :think: I think JRightly is saying 'foolish.' The student was questioning my academic prowess.

The word in Proverbs is "brutish," which according to Merriam-Webster, has one of it's definitions as stupid.

Can't be, according to Scriptures. That is why I call it blasphemy.

This might be difficult, but with a 134 IQ, you may grasp it. 1) I agree with you that the Lord Jesus Christ has a Father God. 2) I don't assume 'a god' like you do. Rather John 1:1 gives, I believe, the answer to your conundrum: ...was with and was God...
There is no ability to understand with/was unless it comes with an ascent, that somehow both must necessarily be true. JW's literally 'add' a word Matthew 5:18 Revelation 22:19 If I had to do that, I would start writing 'my' ideas into scripture. "a" small as it is, just isn't there. In fact 'the' is the word that is there. T
John 1:1 Was/with God. It is clear.
Not a completed sentence, but I suspect John 1:1 again. John 20:28 as well. I have a thread that is wholly dedicated to the scriptures. Look at it. It isn't for debate, it is simply to consider scriptures. Notice my only contributions are to add scriptures as well as explain why I believe they demand what we believe we demand. Look at that thread. There is no creed, denomination, or tradition discussion that you accuse us of that I remember in those pages. PPS does eventually discuss with us how modern churches have missed the ball on a few counts.

:think: I have a 340 page thread of mostly scriptures. I've had Anti-Trinitarians removed for causing disruption instead of using scripture and discussing so the wading through dross is kept to a minimal. The scripture are about Jesus and using His words. He indeed, is calling. -Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If there is only one true God and that is the Father then there no Trinity. God is not in three pieces JR.

"in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Jesus seems to think so.

And you don't believe that anyways, because you keep adding a fourth person to the group.

You can not have it both ways. Jesus never claimed to be God.

He claimed to be the Son of God, WHO IS GOD.

He prayed to his God.

He prayed to His Father, submitting Himself to God the Father. There is no contradiction with, and in fact my position is supported by, Hebrews 1:8, which calls Jesus God.

Did Jesus lie when he said that there is only one TRUE God?

No. He did not. However, that doesn't mean that there is no Trinity. If you were to argue that from there it would be a non-sequitur.

Traditions were built by men who thought the world was flat. Follow them if you wish. It's not for me, I believe Jesus.

If you want to talk about flat earth, I suggest you go to DFT_Dave's thread. But don't insult those of faith who believe in the Trinity by associating all of them with those who believe the earth is flat, because that would be dishonest of you.

keypurr

I am through for the night as I have a ten hour day in the senior van tomorrow. A lot of folks need to go to their doctors.

So I will say good night and I will get back to you both.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Prove it. You run and hide when in debate with me about the Father and Son.

Hi GT.

Could you please post scripture showing the relationship of the Father to the Son and the Son to the Father that distinguishes Their "differences"?

The Holy Spirit would do, as well.

# Please forgive me Steko... I couldn't pass up GT's challenge.

P.s. GT, As soon as I can Pos rep you, I'll throw some your way to turn the other cheek to the neg rep you gave me. Mozel tov

For GT
Spoiler
Go to the trinity thread where I was debating you before you ran and hid.

And stop derailing this thread.

Steko and glorydaze don't say nothing to you about derailing but they wrongly want to accuse me.

God's Truth

Hi GT.

Could you please post scripture showing the relationship of the Father to the Son and the Son to the Father that distinguishes Their "differences"?

The Holy Spirit would do, as well.

# Please forgive me Steko... I couldn't pass up GT's challenge.

P.s. GT, As soon as I can Pos rep you, I'll throw some your way to turn the other cheek to the neg rep you gave me. Mozel tov

For GT
Spoiler

How many divine Spirits are there?

Let's start there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I did a study on this some time back. I considered that he could be the archangel. But then I saw that the spirit son created the Angels. He is greater than the angles. But there are verses that made it a worth while study.

Then David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the Lord standing between earth and heaven, having in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. So David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell on their faces. And David said to God, “Was it not I who commanded the people to be numbered? I am the one who has sinned and done evil indeed; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, O Lord my God, be against me and my father’s house, but not against Your people that they should be plagued.” Therefore, the angel of the Lord commanded Gad to say to David that David should go and erect an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. So David went up at the word of Gad, which he had spoken in the name of the Lord. Now Ornan turned and saw the angel; and his four sons who were with him hid themselves, but Ornan continued threshing wheat. So David came to Ornan, and Ornan looked and saw David. And he went out from the threshing floor, and bowed before David with his face to the ground. Then David said to Ornan, “Grant me the place of this threshing floor, that I may build an altar on it to the Lord. You shall grant it to me at the full price, that the plague may be withdrawn from the people.” But Ornan said to David, “Take it to yourself, and let my lord the king do what is good in his eyes. Look, I also give you the oxen for burnt offerings, the threshing implements for wood, and the wheat for the grain offering; I give it all.” Then King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will surely buy it for the full price, for I will not take what is yours for the Lord, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.” So David gave Ornan six hundred shekels of gold by weight for the place. And David built there an altar to the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called on the Lord; and He answered him from heaven by fire on the altar of burnt offering. So the Lord commanded the angel, and he returned his sword to its sheath. At that time, when David saw that the Lord had answered him on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite, he sacrificed there. For the tabernacle of the Lord and the altar of the burnt offering, which Moses had made in the wilderness, were at that time at the high place in Gibeon. But David could not go before it to inquire of God, for he was afraid of the sword of the angel of the Lord. - 1 Chronicles 21:16-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Chronicles21:16-30&version=NKJV

The Angel of the Lord is God. And the Lord is God.

The Lord on earth called down fire onto the altar from the Lord in Heaven. That only makes sense if God is a plurality.
Here is another, earlier, and perhaps better, example of this:

The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. Then the LORD [YHWH] rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD [YHWH] out of the heavens. So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground. - Genesis 19:23-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis19:23-25&version=NKJV

0e1f26ec5bafa7bf9a67045e7483bbb8.jpg