ECT There is one Gospel/salvation, Heb 2:3

john w

Hall of Fame
Danoh, what is to read into ? Scripture says that Jesus made known unto them the meaning of the scriptures concerning his D.B.R.

Luke 24:45-48King James Version (KJV)

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

You were given chapter, verse, that showed the dbr was hid from the 12, during the time that they were preaching the gospel/good news, of the kingdom. The 12 initially denied the resurrection.

When was Peter saved? Can one be saved, if they deny the resurrection?

He won't touch that-I've asked him over 10 times.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

No, Lamont, the dbr, the foundation of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, was hid from the 12, during a time that they, including Judas, were preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom.

You lied-again.

You just don't understand, saint john. Can I recommend several commentaries to straighten out your thankin'?

dodge

You just don't understand, saint john. Can I recommend several commentaries to straighten out your thankin'?

STP, relate to that wacko(J.W.) that he just called Jesus and Luke liars, and that is NOT from a commentary it is from the Gospel of Luke.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

john w

Hall of Fame
STP, relate to that wacko(J.W.) that he just called Jesus and Luke liars, and that is NOT from a commentary it is from the Gospel of Luke.

No, Lamont, the dbr, the foundation of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, was hid from the 12, during a time that they, including Judas, were preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom.

You lied-again.

When was Peter saved, deceiving little engager in kindergarten "arguments?" Can one be saved, if they deny the resurrection?

He won't touch that-I've asked him over 10 times.

What is the problem, loser?

john w

Hall of Fame

Tell us, then, that Judas did not preach the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, if there is just one piece of good news in the bible.

Go ahead.

Not a peep.

God's Truth

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Acts 8:32
This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: "He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Paul preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Corinthians 15:3
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

John preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 John 3:5
But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is
no sin.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people.

Revelation 5:12
In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

Revelation 5:13
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

God's Truth

Revelation is about things from Jesus after he ascended into heaven and what he says is to ALL.

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

This is a prophecy to all about Jesus.

Isaiah 55:1
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

Jesus said this for EVERYONE but it was said in front of the Jews.
John 7:37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

Here Jesus is speaking to a Samaritan woman.

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

Jesus says WHOEVER.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Paul spoke the same thing that Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body--whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

I have proven with scripture that the same gospel about drinking water from Jesus is about receiving the Holy Spirit, and it is the same gospel taught by all and to all.

Interplanner

Revelation is about things from Jesus after he ascended into heaven and what he says is to ALL.

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

This is a prophecy to all about Jesus.

Isaiah 55:1
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

Jesus said this for EVERYONE but it was said in front of the Jews.
John 7:37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

Here Jesus is speaking to a Samaritan woman.

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

Jesus says WHOEVER.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Paul spoke the same thing that Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body--whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

I have proven with scripture that the same gospel about drinking water from Jesus is about receiving the Holy Spirit, and it is the same gospel taught by all and to all.

A good collection again, GT, just keep in mind that the 'club' is concerned with WHEN Jesus said he would die sacrificially, not whether he would. And only the synoptics. their theory does not work in John.

God's Truth

A good collection again, GT, just keep in mind that the 'club' is concerned with WHEN Jesus said he would die sacrificially, not whether he would. And only the synoptics. their theory does not work in John.

Thanks, IP. Could you explain more so I could bring the scriptures and the defense? You are losing me when you say to keep in mind 'when' Jesus said he would die sacrificially, and not that he would. That is strange and doesn't make sense to me. As for the synoptic, I thought proving it was said in John would cover it? I mean John was a witness to what Jesus preached just like the others were.

Interplanner

Thanks, IP. Could you explain more so I could bring the scriptures and the defense? You are losing me when you say to keep in mind 'when' Jesus said he would die sacrificially, and not that he would. That is strange and doesn't make sense to me. As for the synoptic, I thought proving it was said in John would cover it? I mean John was a witness to what Jesus preached just like the others were.

They think the idea of Christ dying sacrificially was withheld until later in the synoptics because they believe a monarchy was being offered to Israel, and will be offered again, because God-God has programs-programs going-going. When the disciples heard of it, they rejected it and didn't know what he meant and it was hidden from them.

The disciples did so that after the Confession and Transfiguration , but not because it was just sprung just then. They suppressed it because of their zealot/Judaizer upraising. (One of them was a zealot, 'officially', what ever that means in the secretive situation they were in, Mt 10:4. Btw, Iscariot is another version of the term 'sicari' which is the name of a curved dagger which can be hidden on the body under their cloaks/shawls so that the Romans don't know you have one. ) And I believe God also 'hid' it from them because otherwise they would have been compelled to interrupt it. Like Peter with his sword.

SaulToPaul 2

They think the idea of Christ dying sacrificially was withheld until later in the synoptics because they believe a monarchy was being offered to Israel, and will be offered again, because God-God has programs-programs going-going. When the disciples heard of it, they rejected it and didn't know what he meant and it was hidden from them.

The disciples did so that after the Confession and Transfiguration , but not because it was just sprung just then. They suppressed it because of their zealot/Judaizer upraising. (One of them was a zealot, 'officially', what ever that means in the secretive situation they were in, Mt 10:4. Btw, Iscariot is another version of the term 'sicari' which is the name of a curved dagger which can be hidden on the body under their cloaks/shawls so that the Romans don't know you have one. ) And I believe God also 'hid' it from them because otherwise they would have been compelled to interrupt it. Like Peter with his sword.

Thanks for the opinions, Dr. Phil.

God's Truth

First let me say that what you explain to me about the Madists will at least be time well spent. You are losing me though. I just don't get it what the Madists believe about this. Are you saying they think that Jesus came when he did for an earthly rule then before his death, but that he changed the plan to the Jews because of some failure to communicate? And that Jesus then proceeded with death because he was going to postpone what he intentionally meant to do the first time he came but failed?

Don't they know that Jesus does NOT EVER fail?

Well, Jesus did teach that he would die for them, and even John the baptizer shouted it out and taught it from the beginning of Jesus' ministry. Do the Madists think that Jesus would rule on earth and die a natural death of old age?

It was even prophesied about in the Old Testament that the Savior would be the propitiation for our sins by HIS DEATH.

Please don't give up on explaining the Madist false doctrines to me just yet. At least it is time well spent on someone who deservedly wants you to explain, unlike the madists.

SaulToPaul 2

First let me say that what you explain to me about the Madists will at least be time well spent. You are losing me though. I just don't get it what the Madists believe about this. Are you saying they think that Jesus came when he did for an earthly rule then before his death, but that he changed the plan to the Jews because of some failure to communicate? And that Jesus then proceeded with death because he was going to postpone what he intentionally meant to do the first time he came but failed?

Well, Jesus did teach that he would die for them, and even John the baptizer shouted it out and taught it from the beginning of Jesus' ministry. Do the Madists think that Jesus would rule on earth and die a natural death of old age?

It was even prophesied about in the Old Testament that the Savior would be the propitiation for our sins by HIS DEATH.

Please don't give up on explaining the Madist false doctrines to me just yet. At least it is time well spent on someone who deservedly wants you to explain, unlike the madists.

You know more Bible than him, GT.

Interplanner

There is a thread here about them not knowing about his death until it actually happened. That is a MAD fabrication, among others. I believe it is one of Jerry's. It says that they never heard of that until the post Trans announcement, and then they rejected it/had it hidden from them. To me that is starting the drama with the first 2 chapters deleted.

Most of them are Galilean, 1-2 of them are actual zealots. That group especially needed to change from its zealot ways. (In the Jerusalem region, most people just acquiesced to Roman control; a major revolt had started under Judas the Galilean in the year of the Lk 2 census and is mentioned in Acts 5.) A crucified Messiah did not suit their tastes.

All rebels/insurrectionists/zealots were crucified. Some 2000 were executed that way in the year Christ was crucified. That's why the trial of Jesus has a foment to it that is a regular scene; his was not the only trial of its kind by any means, and Pilate truly could not pin down anything wrong about him, like he could have many others and Bar-abbas. Note in Mt 2:22 that all through his childhood, policing the zealots was a high priority, enough to relocate his parents upon their return from Egypt.

So while Jesus kept himself distinct from the zealots, there is a bit of Galilean resentment for Jerusalem that comes through in his crucifixion, because he should have been released by current trial standards. God meant for him to be counted as one of the evil ones, symbolic of the general condition of mankind. Is 53:9, 12.

But what the disciples expected was a Messiah who would not be treated that way. Would not get caught as a secret zealot. Would organize enough of a resistance to provide overwhelming force, etc. And then be the king. And all this would be supernatural, miraculous.

It is OK for MADs to say (like Jerry) that Mt 16:16 is that kind of Christ EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HIS DEATH AND TRUE MISSION WAS ALREADY EXPRESSED. MADs try to say they were not. They read the songs of Lk 1-2 in the same non-Christian sense as those materials that are from the exile. RD says the old covenant continues until the death of Christ--even in how a person is supposed to read the synoptics (you can't really do this in John).

The obvious questions arise: how did Mt 1:21 get written, then? Was Matthew adding it back in after the fact because Christ told him to? Wasn't it already there?--that is the plain meaning of the text.