Marijuana

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Art Deco

The problem lies in the fact that you think you're fully functional...Pot smokers are the scum of the earth...:madmad:

Art, no offense, but you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Get out more.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Weed is merely a symptom of the culture that glorifies getting stoned..."Let's party dude." Brain dead SOBs that mock the culture and votes Democrat on the off chance they may legalize pot... They're a waste of skin.:mad:

What's wrong with having a good time? Puritans and other goose steppers like you seem to have a real problem lightening up, which may be part of your sexually-repressed, skull-crushing issue.

Art, from the sounds of it you have next to zero exposure to actual people who enjoy cannabis from time to time, and for a self-professing Christian have offered no biblical argument for its illegalization.

You're a dying breed, you're angry, and you're scared.

Too bad, so sad.

Thia

The problem lies in the fact that you think you're fully functional...Pot smokers are the scum of the earth...:madmad:

I say, what? Try the tweakers,the meth users, my good man. They are truly the scum of the earth.

Art Deco

Originally posted by Thia

I say, what? Try the tweakers,the meth users, my good man. They are truly the scum of the earth.
I will not deny that meth users are entitled to the term, scum. Meth users are pot smokers who have lost all self control. Pot is certainly the gateway drug for the stupid ignorant fools of society. The moral midgets and cultural nihilists that hate God and all He stands for. These are the pond scum of society. Most of them are emotional cripples that are naturally attracted to the insanity of the anti-God Secular Humanist Democrat Party.

"Let's Party Dude." :Servent:... :dunce:... :party:... :dizzy:

Art Deco

Originally posted by granite1010

What's wrong with having a good time? Puritans and other goose steppers like you seem to have a real problem lightening up, which may be part of your sexually-repressed, skull-crushing issue.
LOL, Puritans, :D Now that you're out of the closet we can see what you really stand for. Those that hate God love the Culture of Death and moral decay. John Kerry and Howard Dean are your role models, gutter rats that have no social redeeming value who have risen to the top of the septic tank Secular Humanist Dmocrat Political Party.

Posted by granite1010:
Art, from the sounds of it you have next to zero exposure to actual people who enjoy cannabis from time to time, and for a self-professing Christian have offered no biblical argument for its illegalization.
Yeah right, 23 years in the Navy Seabees with two tours in VietNam, and I haven't been around pot smokers? :doh: I need to offer a pot smoking anti-God mocker Biblical support for outlawing of Pot? :nono:

Posted by Granite1010:
You're a dying breed, you're angry, and you're scared.Too bad, so sad.
I am a dying breed. A God fearing American that has watched his beloved country trashed by God hating pot smoking nihilists. I am angry, watching the Christian Church run into the ground by gutless wimps in panty hose behind the pulpits, and the feminization of the Church. The Chuch has grown King Size ovaries over the last fifty years...Yeah, I'm angry the Church has ODd on sugar and the salt was poured out on the ground.

Scared? Two out of three aint bad for a pot smoker, I'll give you that. :nono: Scared I'm not. I fear no man. I fear God. Man can only kill the body, God can kill the body and then send the wretch to a lake of fire for eternity.:shocked:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"LOL, Puritans, Now that you're out of the closet we can see what you really stand for. Those that hate God love the Culture of Death and moral decay. John Kerry and Howard Dean are your role models, gutter rats that have no social redeeming value who have risen to the top of the septic tank Secular Humanist Dmocrat Political Party."

:yawn:

Art, I'm a pro-life low-tax live free or die libertarian, so get a clue. Look before your leap, as I've enjoined you to do more than once...the last people on my list of role models are a pruned-up lib from Mass (a state which gets zero respect in NH, so you know) and a screeching no-talent rabblerouser. Try try again.

Actually, if we just want to look at politicians who I'd consider admirable--there are some, believe it or not--Cleveland and Coolidge would make my immediate short list.

"I need to offer a pot smoking anti-God mocker Biblical support for outlawing of Pot?"

I've done weed, what...ah, yes. Five fingers on my hand. That'd be about it. The anti-God part I take issue with, considering I'm agnostic on the whole deal. Moreover, not even offering anything but a knee-jerk subjective opinion is fine, but at least go out a limb and explain why as a Christian you're opposed to the stuff. Might help clarify things. Till then you can comfort yourself with this BS don't-throw-pearls-before-swine routine, but that's intellectually dishonest. Not to mention lazy.

"I am a dying breed. A God fearing American that has watched his beloved country trashed by God hating pot smoking nihilists."

Pot's the last thing you should sweat about. If anything it takes the edge off. Now, bankers and the establishment and the oligarchs, that's your problem.

By the way, your misogyny's just getting more and more apparent.

Art Deco

"LOL, Puritans, Now that you're out of the closet we can see what you really stand for. Those that hate God love the Culture of Death and moral decay. John Kerry and Howard Dean are your role models, gutter rats that have no social redeeming value who have risen to the top of the septic tank Secular Humanist Dmocrat Political Party."

:yawn:

Art, I'm a pro-life low-tax live free or die libertarian, so get a clue. Look before your leap, as I've enjoined you to do more than once...the last people on my list of role models are a pruned-up lib from Mass (a state which gets zero respect in NH, so you know) and a screeching no-talent rabblerouser. Try try again.

Actually, if we just want to look at politicians who I'd consider admirable--there are some, believe it or not--Cleveland and Coolidge would make my immediate short list.
That would be Grover and Calvin?

"I need to offer a pot smoking anti-God mocker Biblical support for outlawing of Pot?"

I've done weed, what...ah, yes. Five fingers on my hand. That'd be about it. The anti-God part I take issue with, considering I'm agnostic on the whole deal. Moreover, not even offering anything but a knee-jerk subjective opinion is fine, but at least go out a limb and explain why as a Christian you're opposed to the stuff. Might help clarify things. Till then you can comfort yourself with this BS don't-throw-pearls-before-swine routine, but that's intellectually dishonest. Not to mention lazy.

Posted by Granite1010:
"I am a dying breed. A God fearing American that has watched his beloved country trashed by God hating pot smoking nihilists."

Pot's the last thing you should sweat about. If anything it takes the edge off. Now, bankers and the establishment and the oligarchs, that's your problem.
Yeah it's all part of God's curse on this nation.

Posted by Granite1010:
By the way, your misogyny's just getting more and more apparent.
I don't hate women, I respect women, my wife can attest to that. Your feminst side is showing Granite. You sound like Phil Donahue...LOL :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Gee, Art. I don't know. What OTHER presidents shared those surnames? Is this the Christian version of "being witty"? Because it's referred to usually as "playing dumb," which is not the same thing.

So you "respect" women, you just don't think the child carriers should vote. Gotcha.:rolleyes:

What a sad pack of sexually-repressed goosesteppers you people can be. No humor, no lightness, no joy, no spontaneity. Certainly no freedom. No curiosity...no exploration. No intellectual wonder. No investigation, nothing. Here's Christianspeak: if I don't understand it, get rid of it. Burn a library. Keep women from voting, much less thinking on their own. Make sure sex is described as evil, dirty, and vile. Make sure people can't drink.

And you wonder why people are turned off to the grind of the gospel.

Art Deco

Gee, Art. I don't know. What OTHER presidents shared those surnames? Is this the Christian version of "being witty"? Because it's referred to usually as "playing dumb," which is not the same thing.
I thought you were being witty, in your understated Northeastern droll manner.

Posted by Granite1010:
What a sad pack of sexually-repressed goosesteppers you people can be. No humor, no lightness, no joy, no spontaneity. Certainly no freedom. No curiosity...no exploration. No intellectual wonder. No investigation, nothing. Here's Christianspeak: if I don't understand it, get rid of it. Burn a library. Keep women from voting, much less thinking on their own. Make sure sex is described as evil, dirty, and vile. Make sure people can't drink.And you wonder why people are turned off to the grind of the gospel.
Your mis-representation of the Christian walk is typical of Christophobes like you. I would expect nothing less... :doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"I thought you were being witty, in your understated Northeastern droll manner."

Midwestern born and raised, transplanted to New England...a sarcastic former Detroiter is how I see myself.:D

"Your mis-representation of the Christian walk is typical of Christophobes like you. I would expect nothing less..."

What exactly did I say that was untrue?

VERY few Christians here at TOL have a sense of humor about themselves, their faith, whatever. Unless they're ridiculing somebody, these people don't feel good. Well, jeez man. If that's how you wanna get your kicks, fine, but don't insist it's the best way to live your life.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

VERY few Christians here at TOL have a sense of humor about themselves, their faith, whatever. Unless they're ridiculing somebody, these people don't feel good. Well, jeez man. If that's how you wanna get your kicks, fine, but don't insist it's the best way to live your life.

Wow, you really don't have clue, do you? Even if it was explained to you over and over again, you would never get it. The Christians here at TOL are full of joy and have a great sense of humor. Some of the Christians here are former atheists; others grew up in Christian homes. We ALL know about the evils of the world, we are not ignorant. We learn how to avoid the pitfalls of sin and the pain that sin causes. We have loving families that actually function as a family.

You are so hard hearted.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Most of the people posting at this board have a good sense of humor. Most of them also have occassions when they argue and ridicule people, neither trait is exclusive of the other.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei

Wow, you really don't have clue, do you? Even if it was explained to you over and over again, you would never get it. The Christians here at TOL are full of joy and have a great sense of humor. Some of the Christians here are former atheists; others grew up in Christian homes. We ALL know about the evils of the world, we are not ignorant. We learn how to avoid the pitfalls of sin and the pain that sin causes. We have loving families that actually function as a family.

You are so hard hearted.

Makes me think of the chick in "Saved" berating her friend, chucking a Bible at her head..."I am FULL of the love of Christ!"

Art Deco

Makes me think of the chick in "Saved" berating her friend, chucking a Bible at her head..."I am FULL of the love of Christ!"
Another piece of sacrilegious anti-Christian trash (Saved) Hollywood loves to dump into the local pig pens (movie theaters) for the unchurched to root in. :doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Another piece of sacrilegious anti-Christian trash (Saved) Hollywood loves to dump into the local pig pens (movie theaters) for the unchurched to root in. :doh:

Or another flick you didn't bother watching, as you're content to let talking heads do your thinking for you.

I shudder to think what a dried-up misogynist actually does for "fun," should he consider the word at all. Did the military just make you bitter or worse, Art? Hard to tell.

Art Deco

Originally posted by granite1010 Or another flick you didn't bother watching, as you're content to let talking heads do your thinking for you.
Let's just say I'm a bit more concerned with content and Christian bashing than you are. I like the Cohen Brother's movies especially "Fargo."

Posted by Granite1010:
I shudder to think what a dried-up misogynist actually does for "fun," should he consider the word at all. Did the military just make you bitter or worse, Art? Hard to tell.
Actually I escaped the military after 23 years with just enough of my soul left intact for Christian Reconstruction.

I know it's hard to believe but I really enjoy contending for the faith against all odds. Some of the best verbal assualts that go on here at TOL are a joy to watch. Opinions without strongy held convictions to support them are like hushed conversations just out of earshot, meaningless and frustrating.

LightSon

Originally posted by firechyld

The legal drinking age down here is 18, and has been for a very long time. It's the age you become an adult, and receive all the rights and responsibilities associated with that label.

Most people I've spoken to about it find the staggering of the age of adulthood in the US rather odd.

This is because the US is conflicted. At one time, the drinking age was set by individual states. I'm not sure that is true anymore - the Feds may have standardized it.

At 18, Americans are considered an adult for all purposes EXCEPT the consumption of alcohol. When studies revealed that less harm (i.e. highway alcohol deaths) were done overall by raising the drinking age to 21, it made sense to them. :doh:

I bet "they" might find that raising the age to 25 might save even more lives, but hey. Then there's a risk of the whole prohibition factor - you know, when booze is illegal, we'll just get it illegally and support the black market. No surprise that many young adults (18-20) drink illegally. Up here, close to BC Canada, teens go across the border to drink where the age is 19.

Yes we are conflicted about our recreational drugs.

LightSon

Originally posted by Mr Jack

I don't believe there's any evidence of marijuana as a gateway drug. In Britain today something like 45% of 18-25 year olds have tried marijuana on one or more occasions. The number that have taken anything else is far smaller.

Those who make this "gateway drug" observation, often try to boil it down to an "all or nothing" argument. It is not a given that those who use MJ will escalate to harder stuff.

I don't believe one can say MJ is a always "gateway" drug or never one. Those who have never gone past MJ, will insist it is not a gateway drug. Well? For them it is not.

However, there are many who have experienced MJ as a stepping stone to harder drugs. For them, it must be seen as a gateway drug.

Consider this, as long as MJ is illegal, it will be found on the black market along with other illegal drugs. For example, suppose there is a young man looking to purchase illegal MJ from a source. Over time, he will move from source to source. How long before he runs into someone who also has hard-drug-X? If he has purposed in his heart and mind that he isn't going there, then for him it won't be the gateway drug, but in a moment of weakness, he may opt to take a walk on the wild side. Many addicts start this way.

By making MJ legal, then there would be no need for one to venture into the black market arena, thereby removing one more opportunity to experiment with harder drugs.

Last edited: