ECT Dear wolves/wolf-ette's, children of the devil, Cain, Jr.'s,: What sins?

glorydaz

If repent means to turn away, when we repent, what do we turn away from?

Also, to repent means we are sorry for doing something, what would we be sorry of doing when we repent?

Well, I was sorry for not having believed and trusted in my Creator, although godly sorrow shouldn't be confused with repentance. And, I was sorry for having served my flesh instead of the living and true God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​

I think this verse shows it very well. The Comforter (Holy Spirit) came to reprove the world of sin....."because they believe not on me".

John 16:7-9 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

When we believe the Gospel and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have repented unto LIFE. Turning from unbelief to believing is how we are saved. Our sins were paid for by the Lord on the cross.

glorydaz

Yes... and what did Peter say to those Jews who killed Jesus? When they were pricked at the heart after being told of their wrongdoing in crucifying Christ? They asked what they should do? And Peter said repent!

Acts 2

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

The Jews were to repent of their dead works and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. Crucifying the Lord was unbelief....they rejected their God when He came to dwell among us. Heb. 6:1KJV

Romans 10:3KJV For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

marhig

Well, I was sorry for not having believed and trusted in my Creator, although godly sorrow shouldn't be confused with repentance. And, I was sorry for having served my flesh instead of the living and true God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​

I think this verse shows it very well. The Comforter (Holy Spirit) came to reprove the world of sin....."because they believe not on me".

John 16:7-9 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

When we believe the Gospel and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have repented unto LIFE. Turning from unbelief to believing is how we are saved. Our sins were paid for by the Lord on the cross.

You believe in one mixed up version of the gospel! Many go to great lengths to twist to the scriptures so that they can carry on sinning, it's disgraceful, it's twisting the word of God to suit flesh!

So you don't believe that when you repent, you repent of your old life of sin and doing wrong before God? Even in the verse you have quoted from Thessalonians it says that you have turned to serve the living God, and we serve God by living right before him instead of serving flesh (which you have said you were ashamed of}, and serving flesh is sinful before God, so serving flesh is sinful works that we are to repent of!

And what about this verse, it says that they are to repent and be converted for their sins to be blotted out, so it's quite clear that repentance has to do with sinning.

Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

And at the end of acts 3 there's this

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

And Jesus said this

Luke 13

And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?*I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? *I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish

marhig

The Jews were to repent of their dead works and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. Crucifying the Lord was unbelief....they rejected their God when He came to dwell among us. Heb. 6:1KJV

Romans 10:3KJV For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

Yes and to do dead works is to do the works of the flesh which is sinful before God and they were sinning in doing so, so they were to repent to be forgiven and turn away from those sins.

Danoh

Marhig, you posted to GD - "You believe in one mixed up version of the gospel! Many go to great lengths to twist to the scriptures so that they can carry on sinning, it's disgraceful, it's twisting the word of God to suit flesh!"

She and I clash all the time on one thing or another but I have yet to read from her she believes one should carry on sinning.

That is YOUR distortion of her words.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

marhig

Marhig, you posted to GD - "You believe in one mixed up version of the gospel! Many go to great lengths to twist to the scriptures so that they can carry on sinning, it's disgraceful, it's twisting the word of God to suit flesh!"

She and I clash all the time on one thing or another but I have yet to read from her she believes one should carry on sinning.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Not once did GD mention that we are to turn from sin! But rather that repentance is to turn from idols and believe in God.

And what I'm reading from other MADists is that they have no sin, because they say that their sins are in hell, or that they were crucified with Jesus and now that they believe in him they don't have any sin. They make it clear that whatever they do, God won't see it because he will only see the righteousness of Christ and what he did and regardless of what sin they commit it doesn't matter. It seems that many here think that they just have to believe and that's it. They don't believe that we have to live by the will of God!

Do you believe like this? As this is not the truth Danoh, and it is a false teaching. If you believe it's wrong to sin, then why haven't you spoken up when others have said these things?

And what do you see Romans 6:1&2 to mean exactly?

If we truly believe in God, then we will obey him, do his will, and turn from sin and follow Jesus. And once we are born of God and have the power of the Spirit, we will start to die to self and we will turn from the ways of our flesh, and others will see Christ manifest in us and his life will be seen through us. This is not possible if we are still living by the flesh living in the world and pleasing ourselves!

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus says repent or perish.

Do you believe Jesus or not?

"Jesus says" to sell all you have, go to Jerusalem to keep the appointed times, .....................................................

"Do you believe Jesus or not?"

See how that works, fraud?

Watch her deceptive "response," even though this lush argued again, "Jesus says." Watch her "escape clause" spam, that allows her, but not anyone else, not do do what "Jesus says."

Answer the question, that TOL members have asked you for over 2 years.

Do you agree, that not all of what "Jesus says," is directed to everyone specifically? Yes, or no?

She won't-watch.

Moronic fraud.

Why do you assert, on record, that the LORD God must repent, or perish?

john w

Hall of Fame
JESUS SAYS we must repent to be saved.

Madists say, "We just have to repent, as in, change our minds about you."

JESUS SAYS repent of sins.

Madists say, "No, we do not have to repent of our sins, for Paul came and said sins are no longer what separates us from you, we do not have to repent of sins, we have to change our mind about you."

Who cannot see the devil in that theory?
You assert that God turned from sinning, as did Judas, since you assert that the word always means "turn from sins," and nothing else-on record.

God's Truth

Made up.Show us that "repent" always means in the context of sins, as applied to us.

You won't.

In the Old Testament:

Way back in 1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

God's Truth

If she doesn't preach for it and goes against those who preach for it, then what in the world do you think it is?

You will be held accountable and so will she.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you dense? How many times do you have to be told that God does not have to repent of sins we do?

Then explain, you demonic drunk, what it means, when the bible asserts that the LORD God repented, as did Judas. You've been asked that for over 2 years, and on this thread.

You won't. Thus, you assert that the LORD God, and Judas, "turned from sin, stopped sinning"-on record-again.

john w

Hall of Fame
In the Old Testament:

Way back in 1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

I said "always," you lush:

Matthew 27:3 KJV Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Acts 17:30 KJV, Acts 20:31 KJV has NADA to do with repentance, as in "stop sinning," as you've been shown, over, and over, lush.

Col. 3:23 KJV you cite, has NADA to do with repenting/stop sinning, drunk.

2 Corinthians 7:8 KJV For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

Paul is not talking about himself stop sinning/turning from sin, here, drunk.

Repent means "change your mind," lush, the context telling us about what God/that person/group of people is changing their mind.

john w

Hall of Fame
If she doesn't preach for it and goes against those who preach for it, then what in the world do you think it is?

You will be held accountable and so will she.
You assert that God turned from sinning, as did Judas, since you assert that the word always means "turn from sins," and nothing else-on record.

God's Truth

I said "always," you lush:

Matthew 27:3 KJV Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Acts 17:30 KJV, Acts 20:31 KJV has NADA to do with repentance, as in "stop sinning," as you've been shown, over, and over, lush.

Col. 3:23 KJV you cite, has NADA to do with repenting/stop sinning, drunk.

2 Corinthians 7:8 KJV For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

Paul is not talking about himself stop sinning/turning from sin, here, drunk.

Repent means "change your mind," lush, the context telling us about what God/that person/group of people is changing their mind.

You are the one with the drunk problem.

God's Truth

Then explain, you demonic drunk, what it means, when the bible asserts that the LORD God repented, as did Judas. You've been asked that for over 2 years, and on this thread.

You won't. Thus, you assert that the LORD God, and Judas, "turned from sin, stopped sinning"-on record-again.

Are you learning disabled? God does not have to repent of sins, we do.

As for Judas, he might have repented of his sins, but he had to believe he was forgiven after repenting...he could not believe it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If repent means to turn away, when we repent, what do we turn away from?
The Lord repented of doing both good and evil.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.