Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Why are you trying to charge people for it? (Mt. 21:13 and Lk. 19:46)

Didn't Jesus pay our debt in full? (Joh. 19:30)

What in the world are you talking about?

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses to save those he saves.

He is the Way and he tells us exactly what we have to do.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. I also don't know that GT is a lady or a man, or a group of people manning the one user account. We have to treat every user account as suspect because of the rampant duplicity that occurs here regularly, re: sock accounts. It's a skill we have to have here to survive, because we only know which account we ourselves direct. GT's blindspot is their insubordination IMO, stubbornness.
I don't know how much of all this I'd agree with. I'd just add to it though that the one Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV) being Trinitarian, puts the Church under three and not just under One, even though the three are One God. We relate to each Person differently, the Father Almighty, the Only Begotten Son at His right hand, Who will come to judge the living and the dead, and the Holy Spirit whose temple the One Church is.

We are under the Father, and under the Son, and under the Holy Spirit. They are distinct, and yet they are One. Mentally in order to properly see ourselves in relation to the Maker, we need to believe in the Trinity, otherwise we are spiritually starved, crippled; this I infer, from the historical fact that the Church has always been Trinitarian.

I understand if you don't scripture check me... but be certain of this... You have JESUS in your heart per so many scriptures it is rediculous. (Gal. 4:6) is my favorite. I'm not sure what you affiliate with "brick and mortar" wise.

I would assume you place scripture and Jesus above all human assemblies of Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures are written plainly, they are clear.

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life.
Also they received all the truth we need to know the One Church that the Lord said He'd build, from all imposters.
All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.
I agree with that.
God’s word is understandable even to a young child. How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.
Why do you neglect the scriptures that teach that the Lord chose to administer His Church with the notion of bishops/elders/overseers?
For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.

See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14. God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.
I am neither wise nor learned, so no problem there.
We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).
Scripture testifies explicitly that Church Sacred Tradition is authoritative.

God's Truth

Also they received all the truth we need to know the One Church that the Lord said He'd build, from all imposters.
I agree with that.
Why do you neglect the scriptures that teach that the Lord chose to administer His Church with the notion of bishops/elders/overseers?
I am neither wise nor learned, so no problem there.
Scripture testifies explicitly that Church Sacred Tradition is authoritative.

You might not be wise and learned but you put the wise and learned in the position of God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What in the world are you talking about?

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses to save those he saves.

He is the Way and he tells us exactly what we have to do.

You do realize that you just went full Calvinist on atonement there? [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] would see it in .000000000001 seconds. Honestly... I wouldn't usually say this... but as adamant as I am about keeping doctrines of men out of it... (Keep your hat on AMR... don't let it get too tight)... At least AMR could add Grace to your understanding.

You could go ahead and add to that U and L that you just referred to. It wouldn't hurt you to get a good dose of the T. Then, maybe you would appreciate the I and the P.

I'm seriously not kidding! Something's got to give!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Do you know who John the baptizer is and how and why he prepared the way for Jesus?

Yeah! He told us to "repent". Stop trying to bring our rotten flesh and effort into the salvational equation. I.e. Recognize we are ill to pave the way for the GOOD Physician! (Mark 2:17)

Repent (Turn away from any trust in our flesh Joh. 6:63) and believe (Joh. 3:16f; 6:29)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You might not be wise and learned
Correct.
but you put the wise and learned in the position of God.
No, God puts the bishops in the place of His Church's oversight (episcope), through the Church's sacrament of Holy Orders, instituted by the Lord Jesus and perpetuated forever by the Apostles and by their successors; their successorship being the plan for the Church from the start, and being the primary reason the One Church is Apostolic, as the Apostles Creed professes.

God's Truth

You do realize that you just went full Calvinist on atonement there? [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] would see it in .000000000001 seconds. Honestly... I wouldn't usually say this... but as adamant as I am about keeping doctrines of men out of it... (Keep your hat on AMR... don't let it get too tight)... At least AMR could add Grace to your understanding.

You could go ahead and add to that U and L that you just referred to. It wouldn't hurt you to get a good dose of the T. Then, maybe you would appreciate the I and the P.

I'm seriously not kidding! Something's got to give!

Study harder, with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

Jesus. saves. us. all. on. his. own. and. he. saves. those. who. believe. and. obey. him.

Jesus tells us HOW TO GET SAVED.

He is the Way.

If you do not do what he says to get saved, then you do NOT HAVE THE TRUTH.

God's Truth

Correct.
No, God puts the bishops in the place of His Church's oversight (episcope), through the Church's sacrament of Holy Orders, instituted by the Lord Jesus and perpetuated forever by the Apostles and by their successors; their successorship being the plan for the Church from the start, and being the primary reason the One Church is Apostolic, as the Apostles Creed professes.

God did not put your 'father' in His place.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Study harder, with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

Jesus. saves. us. all. on. his. own. and. he. saves. those. who. believe. and. obey. him.

Jesus tells us HOW TO GET SAVED.

He is the Way.

If you do not do what he says to get saved, then you do NOT HAVE THE TRUTH.

Dear, Sweet, non-judgmental, Saint GT,

It's a gift and your trying to pay for it. It's a self replicating gift and you are charging others for it. Please shut up while you read and pray so Jesus can show you THE WAY!

As said before. We only bring belief and recognition that we can't do diddly squat to save ourselves because we all FALL SHORT of THE GLORY of GOD... in Whome I am not even fit to umtie HIS Sandals.

Obey = Believe ... Believe it!! Trust Him! Quit trying to drive for Jesus! Give Him the Steering Wheel!

daqq

Hi EE,

You might see that Psalm 110 is actually one of the finest proof-texts showing that God the Father (YHWH) and the Lord (Messiah) are two distinct 'lords',...so there are 2 lords being spoken of here, The divine all-supreme DEITY(YHWH) and his human Messiah-lord, who is the 'lord' or 'master' of the writer.

See: The Two lords :)

* and before protesting that there cannot be 2 lords,...scripture begs to differ. (even though the English words 'lord' are not even in the original Hebrew, they are only assumed translations/approximations). Even most English Christian bible translations differentiate the divine name(tetragrammaton) as written in uppercase 'LORD' and the 'lord' or 'master' of the psalmist as lower case (Lord or lord), being the Messiah, David's son. (we ought to note that the original Hebrew text is all uppercase).

Only 5 out of the 50 translations on Biblegateway use the proper name of 'Jehovah' or 'Yahweh' here.

~*~*~

The LORD (captials signifying YHWH) says to my lord(lower case signifying 'adonai'(Messiah) ):

Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”
The Lord will extend your mighty scepter from Zion, saying,
“Rule in the midst of your enemies!”
Your troops will be willing
on your day of battle.
Arrayed in holy splendor,
your young men will come to you
like dew from the morning’s womb.

The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek
.”

The Lord is at your right hand;
he will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.
He will drink from a brook along the way,
and so he will lift his head high.

As you know,....God is ALWAYS distinct from his Messiah, His Messenger, Prophet, Apostle, Lamb, Son, Word, etc. Yet in creation or salvation, in all its various dispensations....of course you cannot separate the Logos from 'God', since it is thru the logos that all creation/salvation is wrought. This view is traditionally upheld in Orthodox Monotheistic (Unitarian) Judaism, understanding emphatically that the Messiah is NOT(ever) God himself. The Messiah-Son of course represents 'God' fully in his preordained and assigned office/role/function....of course,....but most all scriptures ever distinguish God from His Anointed Servant, and logically so (by the fact of relationship). You can still fully 'interpret' or reference the Messiah as being 'God' in the flesh all you like,...this does not change the FACT of difference of persons, and that there are 2 lords spoken of in one the most significant passages in the Bible, referred to by Jesus and his apostles. - seeing 2 lords in no wise threatens Monotheism in any way, because there is only One LORD (YHWH) and the lord-Messiah whom he has ordained and appointed (giving him power and authority to rule).

~*~*~

Note also,...the Septuagint translation in verse 3 says -

"With thee is dominion in the day of thy power, in the splendours of thy saints: I have begotten thee from the womb before the morning."

Even in this special designation of 'sonship', the Son ever remains distinct from the Father, being BEGOTTEN by the Father, ever subordinate to the Father, who is his supreme Head. The Lord Messiah and high priest after the order of Melchizedek prays that we all abide together with God and he as one, one in mind, will, purpose, united in Spirit (John 17). A ture monotheist unitarian view here is an appropriate, logical, formal and orthodox interpretation of the text here, true to Davidic Theology.

Not to split hairs, since no Orthodox Jew or Unitarian Christian is making any claims with this verse or others, that Jesus is YHWH. - the claim is unnecessary, since as lovers of the lord Jesus, we acknowledge he is the Son of God, God's Messenger-Prophet, His Anointed One.

I don't see how there is any other way to interpret this and other messianic scriptures, when God is always distinct, higher, greater than any man (even if you assume God somehow incarnated himself, or produced a co-created god, demi-god, god-man, arch-angel, eon, luminary, etc.) - one can assume an Arian, semi-arian, gnostic, new-age, theosophical view of the 'Christ' here,...its all still 'God', his power, his will...being done thru His Agent(s). - I enjoy a great spectrum of perspectives in Christology,....they all portray Jesus as the AGENT of God. - the rest is semantics (cosmetics).

This awesome passage heralds a traditional Mono-theistic Unitarian Christology. - any assumption or allusion that Jesus is YHWH can only be applied 'representationally', 'figuratively'....since God reveals himself thru and in his Messiah-Son, acting thru His Agent, the one who bears his Name, the Angel of Great Counsel!

Brother Kel below explains this clearly, if any have confusions -

Also Kel's commentary on Psalm 110 here.

Addendum : - this is only brought up for honest exegesis and fairness in translation, plus the use of one's own faculties of reason, logic, intuition, conscience and a spiritual discernment that does no harm or damage to the character or nature of God (YHWH) or His Messiah, who is not only David's Lord, but ours as well,...since God has made this man both Lord and Christ, the man he has raised from the dead. - this doesn't matter if you have a more Unitarian, modalist, Trinitarian or some other Christological view either,...the text and context is PLAIN. - we would also note that for those who choose to focus or assume an importance of affirming that 'God' came in the flesh, - no Christian (at least of a traditional or orthodox stripe) DENIES that Jesus came in the flesh,...the Spirit bears witness to the incarnation. The logos (plan, logic, wisdom, reason, creative word, fiat) of God was manifested (made 'flesh'), meaning God's will, way and wisdom was REVEALED in and thru the physical embodiment of Jesus...of course....no 'christian' of any denomination would deny this, although some might interpret this somewhat differently.

We can split hairs over a lot of things, but this verse when held in the heart, especially the heart of David,...inspires the purest worship of our Father, and His Messiah-Son, who is David's Son! David holds the key!...and more. - also note his tabernacle is being restored in the last days which unites all in the Beloved. True worship returns all to the HEART of YHWH, and David leads the way, God's Prince.

View attachment 25401

'God' is ONE.

For some exegetical fun see :
PSALMS 110 – A DIVINE PRIESTLY KING FROM A NEW PRIESTHOOD? NOT! (detailed exegesis by Uri Yosef, PhD)

:thumb: Great post Freelight, :)

God's Truth

Dear, Sweet, non-judgmental, Saint GT,

It's a gift and your trying to pay for it. It's a self replicating gift and you are charging others for it. Please shut up while you read and pray so Jesus can show you THE WAY!

As said before. We only bring belief and recognition that we can't do diddly squat to save ourselves because we all FALL SHORT of THE GLORY of GOD... in Whome I am not even fit to umtie HIS Sandals.

Obey = Believe ... Believe it!! Trust Him! Quit trying to drive for Jesus! Give Him the Steering Wheel!

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.

Obeying Jesus is how we enter the Covenant.

Obeying Jesus is how we drink and eat from him.

Obeying Jesus is how we live through the Spirit.

Obeying Jesus is how the Spirit lives through us.

Obeying Jesus is how we are transformed and conformed to his image.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
:thumb: Great post Freelight, :)

Interestingly enough... it only takes the mention of time, Heaven beyond Creation and Creation to explain how the Logos was "With" God and is "God"

Isaiah 45:5 seriously throws a monkey wrench into the poly Theism theory. Perhaps the reading of it insinuates more than you are seeing Daqq. Isaiah 43:11 and the fact that the word Christ is simply Greek for Meshach, Messiah or Savior... brings it all full circle to show that Messiah is not Seperate from YHWH.

But hey! Who cares what the oldest Hebrew manuscript in tact has to say.

Also, 1 Ti. 3:16 and 2 John 1:7 are pretty important to understand. But, I could tamper with scriptures continuity and flow to make it say whatever I want it to say. It's just a book... right?

Spoiler
Let's focus on your statement highlighted in red that is backed by scripture...

Philippians 2:5-11 ...Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,​

Here, we see Jesus is indeed Equal to God. Why did God "send" Jesus? (Is. 43:11) I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior... This is the Mighty Father speaking through His prophet, Isaiah. (Luke 2:21) And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.... conceived by Whome? (Matthew 1:18) Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: ... she was found with child of the Holy Spirit... why did God "send" Jesus? (Luke 2:11) For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. ... So... Jesus is born of the Holy Spirit, through Mary.. conceived within womb by the Holy Spirit... YHWH clearly says HE ALONE is Savior and Jesus is angelically declared the Savior, that John 3:16f affirms.

7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.​

Here we can see that Jesus was not only the very LOGOS or FORM and PRESENCE of God, but He, by His own AUTHORITY, chose to liken himself unto a lowly bond servant of GOD, "His Father". Something is off here... Jesus would then be the image of God! (Colossians 1:15) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Here we have two serious theological issues... first... God said; (Is. 46:9) Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, This would be a problem, because the only time we see God, it is considered the "GLORY" of God the Father. It would mean that Jesus is the literal, Physical Manifestation of God... and... continuitivly... we have 1 Tim. 3:16... The second hurdle is the implications of the title "FIRST BORN". WHO but GOD can take GOD's PLACE if (Isaiah 46:9) is true?

8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.​

Why would He do this? (Hebrews 2:14 in light of 1 Tim. 3:16) Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, What ended up empowering the devil? (1 Cor. 15:54f,56f) 56 The sting (that sounds like a serpent bite) of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. So Jesus had authority over God's Law? Jesus is our victory, thus, He is our Savior? (Is. 43:11)

That's odd! That would make Jesus (Isaiah 9:6)!

(Php. 2:10f) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Does that verse look familiar?

(Isaiah 45:23f) I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath. So... God swears by Himself? This sounds a lot like (Mt. 22:44) ... But more interesting... Do you see that the Name of Jesus is now in the place of YHWH? It's like the Apostle cut out YHWH and pasted Jesus' name right in there?!?!

What's so important about all of these verses?

The Hebrew Scroll of Isaiah that was found in the Dead Sea scrolls, is the oldest of all known scrolls in Hebrew that is completely intact. It surpasses even the SEPTUAGINT in Authority, because it is in original HEBREW! Sooooo..... Where do we go from here?

Let's see that one more time!

23 I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.
24 He shall say,
‘Surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength.
To Him men shall come

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So if I Bow to Jesus and confess HIM as my MASTER or LORD... (Mt. 6:24 + Isaiah 45:5) ... I'm doing so TO The GLORY of the FATHER?

Glory of the Father? Where have I seen that before?

pillar-of-fire-over-the-tabernacle.jpg

Wait!!! That would mean that JESUS is the very GLORY and PHYSICAL manifestation of (Av-'ad or The Mighty Father!!!!) (Is. 9:6). Notice how this all dropped into place and I didn't have to change one word of scripture to do so? I wonder why that is?

Jesus is YHWH... the end.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.

Obeying Jesus is how we enter the Covenant.

Obeying Jesus is how we drink and eat from him.

Obeying Jesus is how we live through the Spirit.

Obeying Jesus is how the Spirit lives through us.

Obeying Jesus is how we are transformed and conformed to his image.

If I unpack your "obey"... You have The Law hidden in there. You say obey means Law minus ceremonial and cleansing. Are you wearing a poly blend of clothing? Congratulations... you just broke a law in the Mosaic statutes that is outside of cerimonial and cleansing.

Uh Oh... James 2:10...

Better depend on Jesus... ALONE! (Ephesians 2:8)

God's Truth

If I unpack your "obey"... You have The Law hidden in there. You say obey means Law minus ceremonial and cleansing. Are you wearing a poly blend of clothing? Congratulations... you just broke a law in the Mosaic statutes that is outside of cerimonial and cleansing.

Uh Oh... James 2:10...

Better depend on Jesus... ALONE! (Ephesians 2:8)

There is a new law. Go think about it some more.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There is a new law. Go think about it some more.

Rotfl... I was looking through the old discussions. We've been here before.

James 2:8 leads right into James 2:10. Could you kindly expound on what James 2:8 means to you, because you go back to the Mosaic Law. Incidentally... the 10 commandments are even written in the Book of the Law... (Deuteronomy 5:1 - Deuteronomy 31:26)

You're not referring to any Mosaic Law... whatsoever?

daqq

Interestingly enough... it only takes the mention of time, Heaven beyond Creation and Creation to explain how the Logos was "With" God and is "God"

Isaiah 45:5 seriously throws a monkey wrench into the poly Theism theory. Perhaps the reading of it insinuates more than you are seeing Daqq. Isaiah 43:11 and the fact that the word Christ is simply Greek for Meshach, Messiah or Savior... brings it all full circle to show that Messiah is not Seperate from YHWH.

But hey! Who cares what the oldest Hebrew manuscript in tact has to say.

Also, 1 Ti. 3:16 and 2 John 1:7 are pretty important to understand. But, I could tamper with scriptures continuities flow and make it say whatever I want it to say. It's just a book... right?

Jesus is YHWH... the end.

If only you had listened you would understand Yeshayah 45 and Paul when he quotes from it. And all you have said has already been refuted time and time again. But you have your own preconceived agenda.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
If only you had listened you would understand Yeshayah 45 and Paul when he quotes from it. And all you have said has already been refuted time and time again. But you have your own preconceived agenda.

Sorry about this... but that's what I suspected...

Canned response for [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION]

Link to Core expression of what Daqq Rejects

Link to Daqqs Deceptive Tactics and a single example of thousands that Daqq can't answer with scriptural integrity

Link to over 50,000 characters exposing Daqqs Deceit and theological errors that he pushes continually

I thought you were done denying scripture and the atonement of JESUS who IS YHWH.

Incidentally... who is speaking to Moses in Ex. 33:11 ? Do you count that YHWH?

Status
Not open for further replies.