ECT What is the Gospel?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Salvation is by grace---grace that we no longer have to clean ourselves just to GO TO THE temple to worship God for that is where His Spirit was, for through Jesus, he cleans us and we become the temple. WE STILL HAVE TO OBEY Jesus and abstain from evil and do right. We still have to obey Jesus we just do not have to get circumcised anymore and do the other purification works to clean ourselves.
Salvation by grace through faith is the gift of God. You cannot work for it or try and maintain that which was given as a gift, but here you are...You make me sick!

God's Truth

Romans 11:6 KJV means exactly what it says. Why does it bother you worker wannabes so badly? You say obey, obey obey, but every time someone shows you what the Lord commanded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which you claim is TO you, you deny having to obey it. You are a charlatan.

All your accusation to me show that is all you have, even if they are false.

God's Truth

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Again, the WORKS Paul is speaking of are the CEREMONIAL/PURIFICATION works.

In the Old Testament, people HAD TO DO RIGHT AND OBEY GOD, but they also had to clean themselves and that entailed sacrificing animals.

Those who did NOT do those cleaning works were EXCLUDED FROM GOD AND did NOT have a Covenant with God.

Now through Jesus dying on the cross, we do not have to clean ourselves to be in a Covenant with God, we now only have to have faith that Jesus' blood clean us. Covenants have rules though and they must be followed to remain in the Covenant. Jesus came to earth and taught all the new rules of the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant. It is a blood Covenant and again, it has rules.

Jesus' rules are light, easy, and not burdensome.

God's Truth

Salvation by grace through faith is the gift of God. You cannot work for it or try and maintain that which was given as a gift, but here you are...You make me sick!

You are not even trying to discuss this.

Jesus says with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

He said to carefully consider what he says.

Mark 4:24 "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again, the WORKS Paul is speaking of are the CEREMONIAL/PURIFICATION works.
Nope. It's all inclusive! It's a "but now" truth that "the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:...(Acts 13:38-39 KJV, Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now through Jesus dying on the cross, we do not have to clean ourselves to be in a Covenant with God, we now only have to have faith that Jesus' blood clean us. Covenants have rules though and they must be followed to remain in the Covenant. Jesus came to earth and taught all the new rules of the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant. It is a blood Covenant and again, it has rules.
You do not believe salvation is by grace through faith as you claim you do(Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) anymore than you believe that we were in time past Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, but now are Ephesians 2:13 KJV or that the NC (which is future) is with who the scriptures say it is with (Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV, Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

There's no point in talking to you. I'll continue to use you as a springboard to the truth when you open that mouth of yours to tell us all why the cross is not the power of God and why we have to work for that which the Lord took care of 2000 years ago in our place.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mark 4:24 "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.
2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

God's Truth

Nope. It's all inclusive! It's a "but now" truth that "the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
No, for the Gentiles who did do right without the law---THEY were STILL separate from God because of their UNcircumcised flesh!

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:...(Acts 13:38-39 KJV, Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV).

All those who believe that Jesus’ blood cleans them of the sins they REPENT of doing.

God's Truth

You do not believe salvation is by grace through faith as you claim you do(Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) anymore than you believe that we were in time past Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, but now are Ephesians 2:13 KJV or that the NC (which is future) is with who the scriptures say it is with (Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV, Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

There's no point in talking to you. I'll continue to use you as a springboard to the truth when you open that mouth of yours to tell us all why the cross is not the power of God and why we have to work for that which the Lord took care of 2000 years ago in our place.

Jesus died on the cross and is the Lamb.

Do you know what the Lamb means?

Why stop discussing with me?

Are you saying all you are going to do is insult me and or repeat the same scriptures about no [ceremonial] works?

God's Truth

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Jesus has given me understanding, and by the only way he says he does, and that is by OBEYING.

Want scriptures?

Interplanner

Jesus has given me understanding, and by the only way he says he does, and that is by OBEYING.

Want scriptures?

The 2 Tim 2:8 passage is pinpointing the one thing that matters from David stream of thought: as Acts 2:30-32 says, David saw the enthronement of Messiah as the resurrection. that 'folds' the Davidic line into the gospel of salvation, into the one gospel. That is what Paul is saying in 2:8

God's Truth

The 2 Tim 2:8 passage is pinpointing the one thing that matters from David stream of thought: as Acts 2:30-32 says, David saw the enthronement of Messiah as the resurrection. that 'folds' the Davidic line into the gospel of salvation, into the one gospel. That is what Paul is saying in 2:8

I know what Paul is saying. How do you think you have added to the discussion?

Heir is arguing for another gospel from Paul that is different than the one given by Jesus.

There is only one gospel and Jesus taught it when he walked the earth, and after he ascended to heaven.

The Davidic throne is a throne over Israel.

Jesus is on that throne over Israel, and over all creation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The new covenant was begun with Jesus blood and His Spirit being given from Heaven--

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

One one hand you do not believe the first of the church was forgiven,(until the future) and on the other hand you claim you were forgiven 2000 years ago, yet you reject the covenant between God and man which is now in force, which began with the sacrifice of Christ 2000 years ago.

LA

Interplanner

I've never run into so many people who segregated the letter to Hebrews. Man, are we in the red without it. I suppose though that the 2P2P guys go through with tweezers and lift out this and that for us.

heir

TOL Subscriber
One one hand you do not believe the first of the church was forgiven,(until the future) and on the other hand you claim you were forgiven 2000 years ago,
Pretty simple to believe both are true of both churches

Acts 3:19-21 KJV vs Romans 5:11 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
yet you reject the covenant between God and man which is now in force, which began with the sacrifice of Christ 2000 years ago.
I recognize who the NC will be with (Hebrews 8:8 KJV). I don't feel the need to steal that which does not belong to me. We are not partakers of Christ "if" as the Hebrews to whom the NC is with (Hebrews 3:14 KJV), but partakers of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)!

Last edited: