Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if homos want to recognize that they are disgusting perverts and turn from their perversions and seek Christ, that's great! :thumb:

if homos want to pretend that their perversion is "normal" and should be accepted by society, then I'm all for holding them down and drilling holes in their skulls :)

Arthur Brain

What a weaksuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if homos want to recognize that they are disgusting perverts and turn from their perversions and seek Christ, that's great! :thumb:

if homos want to pretend that their perversion is "normal" and should be accepted by society, then I'm all for holding them down and drilling holes in their skulls :)

Two trolls together. A marriage under a bridge awaits!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Bane probably watches as his family is violated by Muslims. Smh

Arthur Brain

Bane probably watches as his family is violated by Muslims. Smh

Oh, you sad little man. I live in the real world and you are too boring and thick to bother with anymore. Hope that changes for you, I really do. In the meantime, the best of luck with the upcoming nuptials...

:D

Kit the Coyote

True.

At the same time, often the world of science and medicine is much like that of other worlds of exploration on one thing or another - each is not only populated with people with many different lens and approaches each of which are rightly very personal to each individual at some points - but is also just often populated with some very insecure individuals.

All of which at times, ironicly, either bogs down forward progress for a time, or other times actually speeds up forward progress in one area or another, in a right direction.

Other times, some great leap forward is made some by lone individual here and there who seemingly fit nowhere in particular- because his or her worldview or model of things simply did not fit the status quo's "settled" and or thus "accredited last word" on a thing.

Case in point...

"Who would want to speak into a black box..." - the then world renowned "accredited" expert on tele-communication "through a wire": Western Union, turning down the opportunity offered them by Alexander Graham Bell, to be the first with him to take tele-phone (or tele-voice) communication "through a wire" to the masses.

"The rest," as they say, "is history."

But back to the subject at a level closer to its surface: same sex attraction.

Well, just a bit closer to its surface...

Question: where sexual attraction is concerned, what "sex" are babies?

As much as I have observed behaviour in human beings for it might point back to when it is so called "scientifically" observed, none.

I believe the answer to that kind of a question and where it leads, or fails to, plays a role in helping get to the bottom of this hetero and or same sex attraction question.

And again, in life in general, getting to the bottom of one thing or another, or not, always goes back to where one is looking at things from to begin with.

You seem to be dancing around an argument of everyone's viewpoint is different therefore there is no certainty in the world. While there is some philosophical truth to that, it really just applies evenly to everything and so is essentially meaningless to the scientific question.

The entire purpose of the scientific method is to realize that subjectiveness exists and negate it as much as possible.

You also seem to be drifting off the question, we are not trying to get to the bottom of the hetero and/or same-sex attraction question. The question we are trying to get to the bottom of is do any of the multitudes of conversion therapies actually work and are they safe (ie any potential harm is outweighed by the benefits).

That is a far different question and one the scientific method as it is applied to medical treatments is quite capable of answering. The process of applying that method minimizes and negates the subjective issues you raise.

Kit the Coyote

Neither point is relevant as to whether conversion therapy works. Should we take from the last comment that you are in favor of parents abusing their children?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Yes, that sounds like something Jesus would approve of...:rolleyes:

Danoh

You seem to be dancing around an argument of everyone's viewpoint is different therefore there is no certainty in the world. While there is some philosophical truth to that, it really just applies evenly to everything and so is essentially meaningless to the scientific question.

The entire purpose of the scientific method is to realize that subjectiveness exists and negate it as much as possible.

You also seem to be drifting off the question, we are not trying to get to the bottom of the hetero and/or same-sex attraction question. The question we are trying to get to the bottom of is do any of the multitudes of conversion therapies actually work and are they safe (ie any potential harm is outweighed by the benefits).

That is a far different question and one the scientific method as it is applied to medical treatments is quite capable of answering. The process of applying that method minimizes and negates the subjective issues you raise.

You've continually missed my point (though I have already related my agreement with you and AB against the supposed efficacy of quack conversion therapies more than once).

My point being that although, as you put it "The entire purpose of the scientific method is to realize that subjectiveness exists and negate it as much as possible" because human beings are involved in that, all sorts of approaches to one thing or another that might prove at least looking into, are not looked into, due to "the status quo" that far too many within "accredited science" end up turning "the scientific method" into.

The battles with the status quo scientific method waged by brilliant but just as necessarily rebelious minds like that of a Luis Pasteur, of a Marie Curie, of an Oliver Sacks, of a Walt Disney in his field, of a Robert De Niro within the film world, and that of many many others like them, come to mind.

Its the same in every field.

Thus, while most just buy into "accredited findings" as some sort of "the last word" on a thing, I have long since learned to refuse to.

Seemingly accredited or not, seemingly unproven or not, supposedly quack, or not, the word of a supposed amateur or of a supposed expert, or not, the word of someone seemingly humble, or seemingly full of hot air, or not - I absolutely refuse to allow such labels as set in stone conclusions, to deter me from turning over each's rock and finding out for myself whether or not what any of what any of them has to say, has any merit, or not.

One comes to see a lot of things of much merit from that, that even the best within.a field tend to miss.

If that sounds arrogant, or skirting of an issue, or what have you, than have at such limiting conclusions and what they actually say about their conclud-er.

I know I have greatly benefited in my understanding of much and application of same in many areas in my life, as a result of the above approach to looking at all things.

You...make of that whatever your self-imposed limits to looking at a thing might.

Me, I'll keep looking for fresh answers to a thing.

"To know, and not yet to do, is not yet to know."

Danoh

Simple question. Have you ever chosen to be attracted to somebody? Or was that merely something out of your control as a lot of things are like instinctual reactions?

So long as you think you are asking the right questions to a thing, not only will you remain unable to see, or at least possibly consider the obvious, but continue to reveal your approach is off.

Of course, I have at times chosen to be (to fool myself into believing I was) attracted to someone.

But you asked a poor question, which makes my answer, a poor answer, when considered from within the obviously limited frame of reference within which you asked your question.

A much more fully informed question would be one based more on something along a line of the following, wider frame of reference - actually an absolute fact of life and what it implies about other, closely related areas in life...

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a13084686/is-thinking-of-someone-else-during-sex-normal/

Kit the Coyote

You've continually missed my point (though I have already related my agreement with you and AB against the supposed efficacy of quack conversion therapies more than once).

My point being that although, as you put it "The entire purpose of the scientific method is to realize that subjectiveness exists and negate it as much as possible" because human beings are involved in that, all sorts of approaches to one thing or another that might prove at least looking into, are not looked into, due to "the status quo" that far too many within "accredited science" end up turning "the scientific method" into.

The battles with the status quo scientific method waged by brilliant but just as necessarily rebelious minds like that of a Luis Pasteur, of a Marie Curie, of an Oliver Sacks, of a Walt Disney in his field, of a Robert De Niro within the film world, and that of many many others like them, come to mind.

Its the same in every field.

Thus, while most just buy into "accredited findings" as some sort of "the last word" on a thing, I have long since learned to refuse to.

Seemingly accredited or not, seemingly unproven or not, supposedly quack, or not, the word of a supposed amateur or of a supposed expert, or not, the word of someone seemingly humble, or seemingly full of hot air, or not - I absolutely refuse to allow such labels as set in stone conclusions, to deter me from turning over each's rock and finding out for myself whether or not what any of what any of them has to say, has any merit, or not.

One comes to see a lot of things of much merit from that, that even the best within.a field tend to miss.

If that sounds arrogant, or skirting of an issue, or what have you, than have at such limiting conclusions and what they actually say about their conclud-er.

I know I have greatly benefited in my understanding of much and application of same in many areas in my life, as a result of the above approach to looking at all things.

You...make of that whatever your self-imposed limits to looking at a thing might.

Me, I'll keep looking for fresh answers to a thing.

"To know, and not yet to do, is not yet to know."

I think we are both managing to miss each other here. *laughs*

I'm not suggesting unquestioningly accepting the status quo or that it is wrong to look for fresh answers. But when it comes to the safety of minors I do expect those seeking those fresh answers to do the hard work to prove it.

Danoh

I think we are both managing to miss each other here. *laughs*

I'm not suggesting unquestioningly accepting the status quo or that it is wrong to look for fresh answers. But when it comes to the safety of minors I do expect those seeking those fresh answers to do the hard work to prove it.

Google, download, and read...

The Introduction in this book:

Pdf Time Line Therapy And The Basis of Personality Tad James

And Chapter VI in this book:

Pdf Anthony Robbins UNLIMITED POWER -

(The actual book, not the notes to the audio course)

Last edited: