ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Danoh

Hi and the verb JEALOUSY / PARAZELEO is a Transliterated Greek and and has many different words that can be used !!

I have a translation who uses Rom 11:11 TO PROVOKE TO JEALOUSY and in verse and is also used in Rom 10:19 and the Greek word is also translated EMULATION !!

I believe that gthe correct tanslation is TO PROVOKE TO JEALOUSY !!

dan p

What is Paul talking about, as to Unbelieving Israel's status in Romans 9-11?

And that itself...in light of Romans 1:18-3:30?

Therein is HOW the intended sense of his use of any word or passage is arrived at.

DAN P

What is Paul talking about, as to Unbelieving Israel's status in Romans 9-11?

And that itself...in light of Romans 1:18-3:30?

Therein is HOW the intended sense of his use of any word or passage is arrived at.

Hi and I have NIT PICKED it better and your INTENSE is that intentense !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know where you get your beliefs I get mine from scripture ?
I don't know where you get your beliefs, but I get mine from scripture!

See how that works?

So Jews and Gentiles are saved the same way through GRACE without works correct ?
Nobody gets eternal life apart from God's grace and YET God gave Israel some work to do. Could Israel just say to God, "I'm saved by grace through faith apart from these things that you told us to do"?

Madist may believe that but Christians know Jesus used a metaphor.
No MAD's do NOT believe that Jesus was made of wood, but that is EXACTLY my point .... there are normal figures of speech and other various idiomatic expressions in the Bible. There is ALSO CONTEXT, like when Jesus is speaking to HIS PEOPLE, Israel and calling gentiles DOGS.

dodge

Right Divider;4819575]I don't know where you get your beliefs, but I get mine from scripture!

See how that works?

Reading your posts you sure had me fooled.

Nobody gets eternal life apart from God's grace and YET God gave Israel some work to do. Could Israel just say to God, "I'm saved by grace through faith apart from these things that you told us to do"?
IF the Jews have grace plus works for salvation then the Apostle John would be a liar. You know for by grace have you been saved trough faith and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God NOT OF WORKS lest any man should boast.

I understand in your belief system "any" only means "some".

No MAD's do NOT believe that Jesus was made of wood, but that is EXACTLY my point .... there are normal figures of speech and other various idiomatic expressions in the Bible. There is ALSO CONTEXT, like when Jesus is speaking to HIS PEOPLE, Israel and calling gentiles DOGS.

Since Jesus' teachings have been relegated to be in subservience to Paul's teachings by, Madist, I am sure you have no clue what the following verse actually says.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I also never knew that" whosoever" meant only Jews, according to Madist.

I guess gentiles must not have been on the world at the time Jesus said the above ,according to Madist.

Danoh

RD, the guy is simply too dense. He is just not all there.

Your question to him - "Could Israel just say to God, "I'm saved by grace through faith apart from these things that you told us to do"?" - went right over his head.

Non Mad TOLitis, I guess :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Reading your posts you sure had me fooled.
That's because you're a wild-eyed religious zealot that doesn't really care what others think or know.

IF the Jews have grace plus works for salvation then the Apostle John would be a liar. You know for by grace have you been saved trough faith and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God NOT OF WORKS lest any man should boast.
John did not write that, PAUL did.

I understand in your belief system any only means some.
Once again, it means what it means in its context.

Since Jesus' teachings have been relegated to be in subservience to Paul's teachings by, Madist, I am sure you have no clue what the following verse actually says.
Jesus called Paul. I believe what Jesus taught no matter when He taught it or through whom He taught it.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I guess gentiles must not have been on the word at the time Jesus said the above according to Madist.
I believe all of the Bible, including Genesis 12.

dodge

RD, the guy is simply too dense. He is just not all there.

Your question to him - "Could Israel just say to God, "I'm saved by grace through faith apart from these things that you told us to do"?" - went right over his head.

Non Mad TOLitis, I guess :chuckle:

IT NEVER WENT OVER MY HEAD , but it sure calls the Apostle John a liar.

I understand in your belief system "any" only means "some".

I also never knew that" whosoever" meant only Jews, according to Madist.

I guess gentiles must not have been on the world at the time Jesus said the above ,according to Madist.

DAN P

Yep :thumb:

Hi right divider , and how can you have a RIVALRY when Rom 11:8 says , God gave Israel a spirit of STUPOR , eyes to see NOT and ears to hear NOT UNTIL THIS DAY !!

No RIVALRY that I see with those who can never SEE or HEAR !!

Are these PENTECOSTALS or those who hold to and Acts 2 position who are BLIND and wax in there EARS ??

DAN P

Last edited:

Ac28

dodge said,

"So Jews and Gentiles are saved the same way through GRACE without works correct ?"

Sure, as long as they believe Paul's Gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4

Right Divider

Body part
Not really. I actually don't like any of the 3 words, but I don't know what would be better.
Paul is trying to get them saved, so I think that the word "rivalry" would be a very poor way to describe the jealousy that he is provoking.

The same word is translated as "provoke to emulation" in the same passage:

Rom 11:11-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (11:13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (11:14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them.

DAN P

Paul is trying to get them saved, so I think that the word "rivalry" would be a very poor way to describe the jealousy that he is provoking.

The same word is translated as "provoke to emulation" in the same passage:

Rom 11:11-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (11:13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (11:14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them.

Hi and you have it right and it shows that the Greek translators are not always right just as BAPTIZO has 12 different English words that can be used in many verses !!

dan p

Danoh

To me, a liar is one who lies knowingly. I think the reason Dodge doesn't tell the truth is simply because he doesn't know the truth. He's somehow been locked into the fallacy that only those red letters represent the only truth, like many of his ilk seem to do.

When I was first saved, 30+ years ago, I was warned not to buy a red-letter Bible and, Praise God, I never did until about a week ago. I needed a reading AV and this Zondervan one was decent and cheap. I figured that, after 30 years, I was mature enough to know that those red letters are no more inspired than any other part of the Bible, including Paul's writings.

It says in my Bible that Jesus Christ was a minister to the circumcision (Romans 16:8) and that He was manifest to Israel (John 1:31). It also says that Paul was THE Apostle to the Gentiles in several passages. Therefore, it would be nonsensical for me, as a Gentile, to follow the DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ as opposed to that of Paul, in those areas where the 2 doctrines differed.

Here's something else I've often thought about. Since Paul continually received brand new revelations from Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, I can't help but believe that his latter books would be more timely and up-to-date than his earlier books. Only Paul received these revelations. Some of the revelations surely gave additional information to things already revealed but others revealed things that replaced prior information - this is obviously evidenced by the myriad of doctrinal differences between Paul's 1st 7 books and his last 7 books. Due to all this, I feel that any lover of truth should start with Paul's last 7 books and see what they say, without any influence of his 1st 7 books. Only after the last 7 books are mastered, should the student attempt to understand the 1st 7 books.

Spoken like a true Acts 28er, bro.

Thus, the thank you of the Almost 28er: STP :chuckle:

P.s. Personally, I disagree with you - just about everything Paul wrote of in his later epistles is found in his earlier epistles and vice versa.

You and the Almost 28ers just use a very similar approach.

By the way, do you also conclude that Romans 2:17 is referring to the Romans as proselytes, as the Almost 28ers erroneously do?

Thanks, in advance.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Not to high on my priority list !
And yet you did it.

Also, it should be high on your priority list if you want to converse and communicate on this site, as it makes it easier to follow the conversation and who said what...

dodge

Hi and you have it right and it shows that the Greek translators are not always right just as BAPTIZO has 12 different English words that can be used in many verses !!

dan p

Evry place I have read "baptizo" has one meaning which is to immerse.

What is the Greek word for baptism and what does it mean?
However, our word baptize translates the Greek word baptizo, not bapto. While bapto may mean “to dip or immerse,” baptizo does not refer to a mode, but to a process and an effect. While a baptism may include dipping or immersing, baptizo does not, in itself, mean “to immerse.”