ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

john w

Hall of Fame
Deuteronomy 6 KJV
6 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:

2 That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.

3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children,

Lev. 19 KJV
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

19 Ye shall keep my statutes......

Matthew 22 KJV
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

andyc

Already did, demon, for the last 5 years.Your daddy the devil taught you well, wimp.

candyandy: This fake "Jesus" never taught the law, but the LORD God did:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The God of the old covenant isn't Jesus the man.
You're getting desperate, W.

andyc

Deuteronomy 6 KJV
6 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:

2 That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.

3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children,
Lev. 19 KJV

18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

19 Ye shall keep my statutes.

Matthew 22 KJV
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

More desperation. Answering questions about the law, is not teaching the law.

Luke 4:43 but He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent."

john w

Hall of Fame
The God of the old covenant isn't Jesus the man.
You're getting desperate, W.

The LORD God is Jesus Christ, you demon. The Lord Jesus Christ spoke, only what God the Father taught Him to teach, right out of the OT, and spoke only God the Father's words(definition of "prophet"-God's spokesman-speak forth for God.

john w

Hall of Fame
More desperation. Answering questions about the law, is not teaching the law.

Luke 4:43 but He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent."

Catch that satanic assertion, TOL audience? The demonic punk, on orders from his daddy the devil, asserts "Answering questions about the law, is not teaching the law."

Wrong, you serpent. He taught the law, taught the 12 to keep it, and all of his followers, fulfilled it, "100%," to be qualified to be the propitiation(satisfactory sacrifice).

candya: My "Jesus" kept the law, but never taught anyone else to keep it...What is propitiation?

You wicked, clown, demon.............

andyc

The LORD God is Jesus Christ, you demon. The Lord Jesus Christ spoke, only what God the Father taught Him to teach, right out of the OT, and spoke only God the Father's words(definition of "prophet"-God's spokesman-speak forth for God.

No. God was not revealed to Israel as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. YHWH revealed the law to Abraham, and the covenant was to Israel.
Jesus is the answer for everyone who has fallen short of it.

john w

Hall of Fame
No. God was not revealed to Israel as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. YHWH revealed the law to Abraham, and the covenant was to Israel.
Jesus is the answer for everyone who has fallen short of it.

Made up. The Lord Jesus Christ is God. God the Father is God, demon. The Lord Jesus Christ spoke, only what God the Father taught Him to teach, right out of the OT, and spoke only God the Father's words(definition of "prophet"-God's spokesman-speak forth for God.

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

andyc

Catch that satanic assertion, TOL audience? The demonic punk, on orders from his daddy the devil, asserts "Answering questions about the law, is not teaching the law."

Wrong, you serpent. He taught the law, taught the 12 to keep it, and all of his followers, fulfilled it, "100%," to be qualified to be the propitiation(satisfactory sacrifice).

candya: My "Jesus" kept the law, but never taught anyone else to keep it...What is propitiation?

You wicked, clown, demon.............

The woman caught in the act of adultery. The law demanded death, but Jesus forgave.
If Jesus upheld the law, she would not have been forgiven.

You can't have Jesus randomly forgiving sins if he was upholding the law.

1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

Get a life, W. You seriously haven't got a clue.

andyc

Made up. The Lord Jesus Christ is God. God the Father is God, demon. The Lord Jesus Christ spoke, only what God the Father taught Him to teach, right out of the OT, and spoke only God the Father's words(definition of "prophet"-God's spokesman-speak forth for God.

:chuckle:

The law brings us to Christ for forgiveness.

Matthew 9:13 "But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And this was demonstrated when Jesus forgave the woman caught in the act of adultery.
Law demanded death, but Jesus offered grace. Same today!

No, the law demanded at least two credible witnesses.

Innocent until proven guilty.

dodge

Jhn 8:10
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Jhn 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

andyc

Jesus forgave her, and told her to leave her life of sin. So the understanding here is that there was no doubt. The girl was caught in the act, so she would have been dragged off some guy. Under the law, both would have been stoned to death.
The problem that Jesus had is that, if people rejected him, then the alternative was the law. So in a moment of tremendous wisdom, he appealed to the pharisees own sense of need for forgiveness in order to abandon their own desire to deal out judgement.
Jesus then forgave the woman, which rendered the law powerless.

The sting of death is sin. The woman committed the sin. The strength of sin is the law.
So how is it none of you mad nutcases can see nothing but grace grace grace here?

If Jesus removed the sting of death, the law became redundant in this situation, and none of you have a basis at all for the reason why this happened. You know why? Because you're determined to see Jesus a minister of law, and not grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Believe it.

andyc

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

That's a difficult thing to overlook :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Believe it.

That's right!

However, Darby followers and MADists adhere to an invented term called "the age of grace". They claim it's a time period.

MADists claim this time period of grace began somewhere in Mid-Acts, and that no one before Mid-Acts was given grace.

John 1:7 makes it clear that grace came through Jesus Christ, and existed before Mid-Acts.

MAD is a mess.

andyc

That's right!

However, Darby followers and MADists adhere to an invented term called "the age of grace". They claim it's a time period.

MADists claim this time period of grace began somewhere in Mid-Acts, and that no one before Mid-Acts was given grace.

John 1:7 makes it clear that grace came through Jesus Christ, and existed before Mid-Acts.

MAD is a mess.

Yeah mad reasoning is very amateurish.
Do they have any respected theologians anywhere?

Interplanner

I don't know of any. The D'ists that I know of now, spend their effort on the defense of the modern state of Israel in the light of more immediate threats etc. Such as the new book UNHOLY ALLIANCE. I have no problem with Israel defending itself, but it has nothing to do with prophecy which is supposed to be about the suffering and glory of Christ, and him being preaced in the world, I Pet 1, Acts 26:23.

dodge

lol, sure they do . Just ask anyone of them they know everything.

Madist overlook every scripture that gets in the way of their false beliefs.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus had no basis to condemn her. Her witnesses were required to cast the first stone.

The injunction to sin no more applies to everyone, even today.