ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

dodge

I think non-MAD does not line up with scripture and creates it's own confusion.
You think you are right. I think I am right.

STP, I have been reading the bible since 1978 , and the first time I ever heard that some ( Madist ) actually believed there was more than one GOSPEL was when I read some MAD posts. There are not two gospels in scripture that is an invention of men that added to God's word.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, I have been reading the bible since 1978 , and the first time I ever heard that some ( Madist ) actually believed there was more than one GOSPEL was when I read some MAD posts. There are not two gospels in scripture that is an invention of men that added to God's word.

If you take a literal view of the word gospel, then yes there are many in the Bible.
That is undeniable.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have not studied MAD for a long time, but they ( Madist ) remind me of JW'S, Mormons and Roman Catholics. They emphasize a few scriptures,and take many scriptures out of context to make their beliefs work for them. They completely miss the big picture of the GOSPEL and marginalize the gospel....
'Same can be, and is, said, for all forms of Calvinism. :idunno:

dodge

If you take a literal view of the word gospel, then yes there are many in the Bible.
That is undeniable.

STP, how many was qualified to pay the sin debt of others so there would even be a GOSPEL ?

I can only find ONE in all of scripture and His name is JESUS the dividing and making different payments for sin for different people is not taught in scripture.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, how many was qualified to pay the sin debt of others so there would even be a GOSPEL ?

I can only find ONE in all of scripture and His name is JESUS the dividing and making different payments for sin for different people is not taught in scripture.

The LORD Jesus Christ is the only savior in the Bible.
But gospel just means good news.

dodge

God is no respecter of people ! To say gentiles are saved one way and Jews another way makes God a respecter of people, and scripture says that aint so.

dodge

Both are saved by the LORD, and through grace.
Gospel still means good news, though.

I know what gospel means:however, there is only one gospel ( good news ) when it comes to salvation.

Rev 14:6
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

SaulToPaul 2

I know what gospel means:however, there is only one gospel ( good news ) when it comes to salvation.

Rev 14:6
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

I've read your posts, you don't preach the everlasting gospel. And, that is a compliment from me to you.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep...

Gospel from Anglo 'godspell'

euaggelion- good message in Greek into 'godspel/gospel' in English.

evangel- transliterated from Greek to English

The Greek word 'euaggelion' meant 'good news' in the Greek language long before the NT was written.
The writers of the NT simply used the already existing Greek word to express their various 'good newses'.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yep...

Gospel from Anglo 'godspell'

euaggelion- good message in Greek into 'godspel/gospel' in English.

evangel- transliterated from Greek to English

The Greek word 'euaggelion' meant 'good news' in the Greek language long before the NT was written.
The writers of the NT simply used the already existing Greek word to express their various 'good newses'.
Most Christians think that the Gospel is the "good tidings" mentioned in Isaiah 61:1 (KJV), because of Luke 4:21 (KJV) "And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." (Also Matthew 11:5 KJV.)

andyc

Nah....we just don't like being slandered any more than you do.
For instance, your claim that MADS ignore most of the Bible and don't believe it's written for them. WRONG. It's that kind of nonsense that needs to be addressed. All the Bible is written for us, but it's not all addressed specifically to us. Can't you recognize the difference between what you claimed and the truth?

That is not what I said, is it?

I said ......
"and removal of two thirds of the new testament directly applying to christians today".

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was sent with one "good news" message and that was that the kingdom of God is available to Israel.

Paul's good news message to Gentiles was how they can become a part of Israel.

Paul explained those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

andyc

Jesus was sent with one "good news" message and that was that the kingdom of God is available to Israel.

Paul's good news message to Gentiles was how they can become a part of Israel.

Paul explained those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

That's right.

Basically Roamns 1 - 8 was Paul's masterpiece revealing everyone's total dependence on grace, whether they've been brought up on the Mosaic law, or coming from a paganistic background. Righteousness by faith is the only righteousness acceptable to God, and Abraham is the model of his argument.