Are Calvinists saved?

fishrovmen

Contrary to what Pate and some others believe, only God knows someones heart. If our salvation was dependent only on perfect doctrine, how many would eventually be saved?
Many new and younger believers may leave this earth having little opportunity to increase their learning, while others who are arrogant and think they know it all and are quick to judge others while their own doctrine is severely lacking may wish they had spent more time looking in the mirror and the book rather than worrying about the doctrine of other people that they cannot comprehend.

Robert Pate

Banned
Contrary to what Pate and some others believe, only God knows someones heart. If our salvation was dependent only on perfect doctrine, how many would eventually be saved?
Many new and younger believers may leave this earth having little opportunity to increase their learning, while others who are arrogant and think they know it all and are quick to judge others while their own doctrine is severely lacking may wish they had spent more time looking in the mirror and the book rather than worrying about the doctrine of other people that they cannot comprehend.

Calvinism dishonors God's Son. They do not believe that Jesus has reconciled the world to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19, nor do they believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation from the beginning of time has been by grace through faith. They don't have faith. How can any one believe that God predestinates people to hell and then claim that they have faith. What is it they have faith in? Its not Christ or God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
ONLY those who hear the Grace Gospel and place all their faith in Christ alone, are saved. Calvinists reject "Paul's Gospel." So, they're in God's hands. Otherwise, it's hard to say from a human standpoint. They are definitely followers of a Cult that is hundreds of years old.

nikolai_42

Childish comeback. I don't abide well with those who have not, a strong "WIT."

Not sure what you think I meant by it, but the two questions sound about the same to me. Christians are either (in general terms) either Calvinistic or Arminian in their approach to the scriptures - in their theology. While there may be a mix, does that mean that one can determine - based simply on what broad theological grounding one holds to - if someone is saved or not? Wesley and Whitefield typify this Calvinist-Arminian contrast that sometimes got quite heated (and is still relived in one form or another). Whitefield, when asked one day by a fellow Calvinist if he expected to see Wesley in heaven, said this :

No! - he will be so near the throne, and we at such a distance, that we shall hardly get a sight of him.
(Quote appears in various forms in different books - this one p200 of Bready's This Freedom Whence)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
July 17th 1999 at 10:30am. Didn't ask to be saved and didn't want to be saved, but I was and as soon as I was it was revealed to me what had happened. For the first time in my entire existence I knew I was alive and began to exercise trust. There began a conversation that morning that continues each and every day.My last thoughts at night are of my Elohim and Saviour and my first thoughts in the morning are of Him.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

I didn't ask nor want to be saved.

Not saved.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Contrary to what Pate and some others believe, only God knows someones heart.

Demonstrably false. You are usually better than this.

Luke 6

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

fishrovmen

Demonstrably false. You are usually better than this.

Luke 6

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Robert Pate does not judge by what he is told that some people believe. After being refuted and corrected countless times by several posters, he continues knowingly spreading false witness by posting the same lies and condemning people based on those lies and other suppositions.