The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lilstu

Actually, the lamb was standing in the middle of the throne.

And John never saw the Spirit of God. Stephen never saw anyone but Jesus when he said "I see Jesus standing at the right hand of God". The Bible is very clear-"no man has seen God at any time".

What did John say? "The only begotten son, who IS IN the bosom of the Father, he has declared Him".

The Lamb was in the middle of the throne because He is the visible heart of God". He is all of God that you will ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

"the lamb was standing in the middle of the throne." I think the trins are getting a little help from the translators. No one stands in the middle of a throne. One sits on a throne. The evidence for Jesus being God is so feeble that you have to utilize ambiguous translations to present your case.

Lilstu

Actually, the lamb was standing in the middle of the throne.

And John never saw the Spirit of God. Stephen never saw anyone but Jesus when he said "I see Jesus standing at the right hand of God". The Bible is very clear-"no man has seen God at any time".

What did John say? "The only begotten son, who IS IN the bosom of the Father, he has declared Him".

The Lamb was in the middle of the throne because He is the visible heart of God". He is all of God that you will ever see.

You can't rely on what Stephen said....
Compare the following
Acts 7:15-16
15 And Jacob went down to Egypt and there he and our fathers died. 16 From there they were removed to Shechem and laid in the tomb which Abraham had purchased for a sum of money from the sons of Hamor in Shechem.

Genesis 33:18-19
Now Jacob came safely to the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Paddan-aram, and camped before the city. He bought the piece of land where he had pitched his tent from the hand of the sons of Hamor, Shechem’s father, for one hundred pieces of money.

According to Stephen, Abraham bought the land at Shechem. But Genesis says Jacob bought the land.

SimpleMan77

"the lamb was standing in the middle of the throne." I think the trins are getting a little help from the translators. No one stands in the middle of a throne. One sits on a throne. The evidence for Jesus being God is so feeble that you have to utilize ambiguous translations to present your case.

If you've been around sheep, you know that if one is a lamb, one doesn't sit on a throne. Would the sitting lamb have its front legs on the seat, on the arm rests, or in the air?

The Greek word actually means "in the middle, in the midst". The lamb was in the middle of the throne.

SimpleMan77

You can't rely on what Stephen said....
Compare the following
Acts 7:15-16
15 And Jacob went down to Egypt and there he and our fathers died. 16 From there they were removed to Shechem and laid in the tomb which Abraham had purchased for a sum of money from the sons of Hamor in Shechem.

Genesis 33:18-19
Now Jacob came safely to the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Paddan-aram, and camped before the city. He bought the piece of land where he had pitched his tent from the hand of the sons of Hamor, Shechem’s father, for one hundred pieces of money.

According to Stephen, Abraham bought the land at Shechem. But Genesis says Jacob bought the land.

It's far more likely that whatever mistake was made should be credited to Luke or whoever relayed the event to him. I don't think that a stenographer was present, taking shorthand in real time. The words were written from the memory of someone present, and from the language it doesn't appear that Luke was there at the time. He, no doubt, got the story from someone who witnessed it.

TrevorL

Greetings

I have voted no, as I believe that there is one God, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Holy Spirit is the power of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Lilstu

If you've been around sheep, you know that if one is a lamb, one doesn't sit on a throne. Would the sitting lamb have its front legs on the seat, on the arm rests, or in the air?

The Greek word actually means "in the middle, in the midst". The lamb was in the middle of the throne.

Now you are getting ridiculous.

Lilstu

It's far more likely that whatever mistake was made should be credited to Luke or whoever relayed the event to him. I don't think that a stenographer was present, taking shorthand in real time. The words were written from the memory of someone present, and from the language it doesn't appear that Luke was there at the time. He, no doubt, got the story from someone who witnessed it.

If Luke made the mistake, I wonder what other mistakes he may have made??????

SimpleMan77

If Luke made the mistake, I wonder what other mistakes he may have made??????

Of course there are other explanations that may make it possible that it wasn't a mistake, but it sure looks like someone relayed the info incorrectly.

God uses imperfect people to do a perfect work. It is important that "in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses ever Word be established". Doctrinal teachings are always backed up 2 or more times in scripture.

Take baptism in Jesus name, for example. Peter, Ananias, Phillip, and Paul all baptized that way. Jews, Samaritans, Gentiles and previously baptized people were all baptized that way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings

I have voted no, as I believe that there is one God, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Holy Spirit is the power of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

One quick scripture.

Acts 5:3-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

TrevorL

Greetings Bright Raven,
One quick scripture.
Acts 5:3-4 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Relevance?

The Apostle John has given an apt, simple but complete summary of the purpose and teaching of his Gospel record:
John 20:30-31 (KJV): 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:

Lilstu

Of course there are other explanations that may make it possible that it wasn't a mistake, but it sure looks like someone relayed the info incorrectly.

God uses imperfect people to do a perfect work. It is important that "in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses ever Word be established". Doctrinal teachings are always backed up 2 or more times in scripture.

Take baptism in Jesus name, for example. Peter, Ananias, Phillip, and Paul all baptized that way. Jews, Samaritans, Gentiles and previously baptized people were all baptized that way.

So what are you trying to say? Or is it sufficient to just muddy the water so it looks like you answered but your answer is ambiguous?

keypurr

There are two amazing revelations in Jesus Christ.

1. Jesus is God

2. God is Jesus, the man.

The second one is the biggest and most profound. God had appeared as a man before, but only when he was born of a woman did he BECOME a man. The fact that he became the son of God as a man means that he knows how to be a faithful high priest. Only someone who has been through what we have been through could really have compassion and mercy on us the way that He can.

I am more excited about him being the son of God than I am about him being God. He is both.

Most of us were taught that in Sunday school, but it is not the truth. Jesus is the Christ, not God. It is hard to see beyond what tradition has instilled in out minds friend,, here on TOL we share and explore what we see in the scriptures. As the Apostle Paul tells us, we have one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ. May the Lord open our eyes to his truth and give us a deeper understanding of his words.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Rivers

Greetings Bright Raven,Relevance?

The Apostle John has given an apt, simple but complete summary of the purpose and teaching of his Gospel record:
John 20:30-31 (KJV): 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

I agree.