Mike Pence needs a Safe Space

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
i think we can all agree that killing off most of the lawyers in this country would be a terrific first step toward making america great again

Our tribulation is coming to an end (Mt 10:17). :rapture: Theirs :listen: is on its way (Re 19:13). :popcorn:

rexlunae

That's what they filed it as, you imbecile.

You didn't cite a specific case, but I'd generally be willing to bet that they filed based on a First Amendment separation clause claim. If they filed on a claim of some kind of psychological harm, I think they're ignoring the obvious, and it's a pretty dubious way to make the claim.

You all did it not out of some quarrel with state vs religion, but because you simply wanted to harass them. You stretch thin the very purpose and meaning of 'Separation of Church and State' to act on your vain contempt for the religious, which wouldn't have flown even a couple decades ago. In fact, Thomas Jefferson would think you were an extreme fool.

Tell yourself that if it soothes your incoherent rage, but it's not true, and if you want to make the case to me, you're going to have to provide the evidence.

You don't have any right to be sitting here taking about ANYBODY sucking up squat, Mr. Guy On a Theology Site To Do What He Denies Atheists Do.

Ooh, what do atheists do?

You should go take a hike :wave2:

It's my thread. Post in it, don't post in it, I don't care, but quit whining and get to the point.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Trump and Pence deserve all the respect and cooperation the Republicans and conservative citizens have given to Obama .

jeffblue101

Suck it up, buttercup!

tell that to the cry baby liberal cast who lost their money trying to get Hillary elected
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi.../hamiltons-lin-manuel-miranda-helped-hillary/
“This November, the difference could not be more stark, who do you think is going to get closer to those ideals?” he asked, referring to the Constitution and the founding fathers. “Are you going to vote for the guy who wants to build a wall, or for someone who’s building bridges?”

Miranda introduced Clinton as “the forty-fifth president of the United States” as she took the stage to address the crowd.

Why? Because it was a private fundraiser. Miranda hosted a special performance of the show exclusively for donors to Clinton’s presidential campaign. Tickets ranged from $2,700 to a whopping $100,000.

“I have now seen it three times, first at the Public and twice here, and I cry every time,” Clinton said.

Miranda tweeted a photo of himself with both Bill and Hillary Clinton urging America to “include women in the sequel” of the American story.

But that’s not all.

Miranda also helped Clinton host a “Broadway for Hillary” event that raised even more money for her campaign as tickets ranged from $45 to $100,000.

jeffblue101

Trump and Pence deserve all the respect and cooperation the Republicans and conservative citizens have given to Obama .

lol hypocrite, I thought all that gridlock was hurtful for our country. I get it now,it's only hurtful when a liberal is in charge. i really hope Republicans nuke the filibuster to give democrats a dose of their own medicine.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Left calls for safe spaces of it's own social bullies- another one of their more ridiculous shams.
Now that Trump is heading for office and a turnaround is coming, I've tried to shed some of these shenanigans from my mind. This is something I should have brought up from the get go: these feminists, LGBT, and other specialty groups among liberals are virtually untouchable and unchallenged on campuses- it's everyone else who needed a safe place from them :AMR:

But you see how it gets played anyway: the media promotes this false victimization, and the Left marches inward more.
It's what had gone on for years, which is why I tend to connect things such as this to them filing lawsuits against things like portraits of Jesus- it's amazing how this country has been under this damnable spell of letting them have their for so long when it shouldn't have even began in the first place :rolleyes:

Danoh

The Left calls for safe spaces of it's own social bullies- another one of their more ridiculous shams.
Now that Trump is heading for office and a turnaround is coming, I've tried to shed some of these shenanigans from my mind. This is something I should have brought up from the get go: these feminists, LGBT, and other specialty groups among liberals are virtually untouchable and unchallenged on campuses- it's everyone else who needed a safe place from them :AMR:

Yep; a turn around on his many ludicrous campaign promises is coming.

The evident early warnings of said turn around on of which you and yours are already...rationalizing.

You and yours having ended up having to wax worse and worse now...in more of your same old collective...self-induced...built-in impulse now for some sort of a sense of a commitment consistency gone hay wire.

Click whir...the automatic mind of the self-duped Trumper played to the tune of his trumpet.

Yours is nothing more than the mind of the addict gambler - who having placed his bet, now rationalizes why he did.

The smoker rationalizing why he just knows he can quit when he wants to.

The battered wife rationalizing why the jerk is not so bad.

All the warning signs have been there all along - the man's every other word and or action one giant neon sign glaring a blinding red "train wreck ahead; train wreck ahead..."

But like moths to a flame, you rushed in where wisdom feared to tread.

Time to - just like your idol - rationalize as well as blame everyone but yourselves for the obvious.

Time to return yourself to rehab, Crucible - no matter how many rationalizations you throw at them; the spiders on the wall are your own self-delusion.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

Trump is being a drama queen. On the overall situation, I can see the argument that it wasn't the time or place to do what the cast did but I also won't fault them too much for taking the opportunity to voice some concerns. I think Pence handled it well.

Danoh

Its amazing. You're just as ignorant after the election as you were before. Please do not procreate.

If you had an honest bone in your body; you'd be fair about these issues.

But in you I am addressing someone who long has rationalized the sins of her infamous RCC.

Click whirr...cult member - yours is ever the automatic one-sidedness of all cult-like individuals.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Absolutely. No contest. They're obsessed with social issues that barely impact them. "OH MY GOD!!! GAY COUPLES CAN GET MARRIED (almost) AS EASILY AS ANYONE ELSE!!! WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED!!! Next they're going to stop Christian preachers from preaching the Gospel!!!"

The are, by far, the whiniest, most entitled people on the Internet. And Trump is probably the worst of it. Here's a guy who literally sues all his critics.

Besides gay marriage what example would you have? Because while there may be some hypocrisy or double-standards in this I think overall it's liberals who are more concerned about "safe spaces".

I'm also not sure the gay marriage issue is about thin skin. It's a moral conviction that they want to see established by their country and they don't want to take part in it. I think Christians who think certain actions make them morally culpable are probably misguided but I wouldn't call it thin skin.

rexlunae

Trump is being a drama queen.

Probably true. And he's probably trying to distract a bit from the fact that he just settled a fraud lawsuit, in which he was accused of essentially duping people who believed in his name to get their cash. Or the fact that he's already in trouble for corruption and he hasn't even taken office yet. But I gotta poke at the hypocrisy of the Right where I see it.

rexlunae

Besides gay marriage what example would you have?

Their views on feminism, and their views on race and Black Lives Matter.

Because while there may be some hypocrisy or double-standards in this I think overall it's liberals who are more concerned about "safe spaces".

Well, that's because the concept of a safe space is an invention of the Left, specifically the LGBTQ activist community. And the Left has expanded the concept beyond just that. And I actually agree with conservatives that at times it deserves to be mocked, such as when students try to set up a "safe space" that's essentially a public commons on a campus that's off-limits to media who have every right to be there. But the point of this thread is to point out to conservatives that actually, they do much the same thing, and in circumstances much less actually threatening.

I'm also not sure the gay marriage issue is about thin skin. It's a moral conviction that they want to see established by their country and they don't want to take part in it. I think Christians who think certain actions make them morally culpable are probably misguided but I wouldn't call it thin skin.

Well, it's not just the gay marriage issue by itself. I have been told by conservative Christians that as a result of gay marriage, Christian ministers were going to be banned from preaching the gospel. I've been told that it's an enormous burden for them to treat gay people as full equals in society. These threats are imaginary. But they seem to spend a lot of time worrying about them. And every time I see one of them spin up about how hard it is for them, I react in what I have to imagine is the same way that they do to all the safe spaces they find so pathetic.

Last edited:

The Berean

Absolutely. No contest. They're obsessed with social issues that barely impact them. "OH MY GOD!!! GAY COUPLES CAN GET MARRIED (almost) AS EASILY AS ANYONE ELSE!!! WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED!!! Next they're going to stop Christian preachers from preaching the Gospel!!!"

The are, by far, the whiniest, most entitled people on the Internet. And Trump is probably the worst of it. Here's a guy who literally sues all his critics.
Since you are an admitted liberal I guess you don't see how whiny feminists, SJW's, and manginas are. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I don't think you appreciate the stakes. Or maybe you just don't care about them.
Ok, let me stop you there right there. I am a dark skinned Latino. My parents were legal immigrants from Mexico. So if you are a white liberal you are in no position to lecture me on the issues and concerns of the Latino immigrant community. I've have been called wetback, beaner, mojado, n*gger, mayate, dirty Mexican many times growing up. I know what issues the Latino immigrants have to deal with, from lack of education and upward mobility plus many other issues. Unchecked illegal immigration hurts the native born and legal immigrant Latinos.

Millennials are the most diverse generations currently in their adulthood. Most of them know people who are at some level of threat from the newly elected administration. And not just imaginary threats based on fantasies of government overreach. Real threats based on things that the President-elect and his VP have actually said they will do, and may have a real shot at.
Please see above. The problem are that many millenials have been duped by the lying media about Trump's intentions. The liberal media has an ax to grind. It disapoints me that so many young Latino's are so liberal and are clueless pawns of the Democrats. But I was the same in my 20's as well, a hard core pro-gay, pro-abortion, liberal. I didn't vote for Trump by the way. But he is not going to deport the 20-30 million illegal immigrants. Oh he'll deport those already in the criminal justice system but that is just low hanging fruit. But "illegal Jose" who lives down the street, works as a gardener, and pays his taxes is not likely to get caught and deported unless Trump goes all FDR on us. The queston is what do we do about illegal immigration? Does a nation not have a right to control its borders?

By the way, Mike Pence seems to have thought what the Hamilton cast did was no big deal. So, it's really just Trump being thin-skinned, and his trolleroti stepping up to carry the charge.
Trump is just being Trump, a big mouth drama queen. He's been that way since I can remember him from the early 1980's.