Is this what Christian Love looks like? I'm disgusted and full of sadness.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is that like, believing we're raptured mid way in the tribulations? Did ya know that the pre trib rapture thing is pretty new

It's a complete sabotage of proper, traditional Christianity. And they walk around asking other Christians if they are saved or not like they are better than somebody. The whole thing is a sham- they don't want to spread Christianity, they want to reinvent it.

In other words, there's a reason why they are primarily the outspoken one's against the Reformed Tradition.

And that is why I do not like MAD. The theology is mad and it's followers are nerve racking.

Ben Masada

Jesus did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

And that is literally what the cross is, into this Earth, among us.

I think that you would do well to drop whatever 'univeral' notion you have, because God is not a beggar but the Almighty- and you will know His name when He comes_

There are a lot more people than you think going to Hell, as the road is narrow. I'm tired of people making the gate wider than it really is.

So, you mean that Jesus brought a cross and got himself stuck to it! Is it not more preferable to see what happened from the real side of it? And, as the Christian hell is concerned, we don't believe in it. That kind of hell is not for us but for Christians. Our hell is called Sheol aka the grave which is also forever. That's the only similarity.

Danoh

It's a complete sabotage of proper, traditional Christianity. And they walk around asking other Christians if they are saved or not like they are better than somebody. The whole thing is a sham- they don't want to spread Christianity, they want to reinvent it.

In other words, there's a reason why they are primarily the outspoken one's against the Reformed Tradition.

And that is why I do not like MAD. The theology is mad and it's followers are nerve racking.

You're right - one should not ask anyone who professes to be a Christian someone if they are lost.

You fool - I sat in an assembly for over a year and did not know I was lost because everyone assumed I was saved and so no one bothered to find out what I believed and or what my basis for my belief was.

I asked you that question from that and from your support of the RCC in that post - they preach a works for salvation; works to stay saved "gospel" and then deny it.

My question was a valid one - my holding to Mid-Acts had nothing to do with it.

True, some MADs on here are "my way or the highway."

Not all are.

Some actually do care about what you or anyone else might be basing your salvation on.

Others merely talk the talk - it is obvious theirs is nothing more than "why I am right and you are wrong."

It is as if they log on in search of who to fight with.

Others are their enablers.

Every school of thought has such types.

None of that is MAD. That is the individual.

One meets such types in all walks of life.

You are merely proving yourself another version of that.

My question was both legitimate and sincere...

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The best towards you in this, nevertheless...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're right - one should not ask anyone who professes to be a Christian someone if they are lost.

You fool - I sat in an assembly for over a year and did not know I was lost because everyone assumed I was saved and so no one bothered to find out what I believed and or what my basis for my belief was.

I asked you that question from that and from your support of the RCC in that post - they preach a works for salvation; works to stay saved "gospel" and then deny it.

My question was a valid one - my holding to Mid-Acts had nothing to do with it.

True, some MADs on here are "my way or the highway."

Not all are.

Some actually do care about what you or anyone else might be basing your salvation on.

Others merely talk the talk - it is obvious theirs is nothing more than "why I am right and you are wrong."

It is as if they log on in search of who to fight with.

Others are their enablers.

Every school of thought has such types.

None of that is MAD. That is the individual.

One meets such types in all walks of life.

You are merely proving yourself another version of that.

My question was both legitimate and sincere...

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The best towards you in this, nevertheless...

Did you mean to quote other people in all that, because otherwise that is a bunch of nonsense :rolleyes:
Or, you could lay off the booze :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So, you mean that Jesus brought a cross and got himself stuck to it! Is it not more preferable to see what happened from the real side of it? And, as the Christian hell is concerned, we don't believe in it. That kind of hell is not for us but for Christians. Our hell is called Sheol aka the grave which is also forever. That's the only similarity.

Yeah, let's see how many liberals you can win over with that, god among man.
They'll be particularly fine with that to, so long as you tell them what they want to hear otherwise :rolleyes:

The most racist people on the planet are who you all are- and that is why you were met with retribution.
But ah, that's 'racist' right?

Ye are gods
- so be mine :plain:

Sovereign_Grace

Regarding the OP. It sounds very much like: "let us therefore carry on in sin that grace may abound"

From the OP and follow up comments I get the sense of Antinomianism being present in your theology. If that's not the case, be aware that is how it's coming off and thats a damnable heresy (some have spoken to that harshly, but my hope is that a gentle word can break bones).

(I do note that sometimes faithful, careful preachers are falsely charged with Antinomianism, that's always the legalists response, even when holiness is preached alongside)

We must preach holiness, "apart from which none will see the Lord." It's true that the law is powerless to achieve holiness in us but it's very much powerful in making us feel our need of holiness. Men never run so fast to the bastion of grace as when they're chased by the guard dogs of God's holy law. The law isn't merely effective for bringing us to Christ initially, it's useful for keeping us there. The law compels us continually to the throne room of grace. We keep seeing our insufficiency (by the law) and so we keep looking to Christ, and more and more we learn to trust in nothing in ourselves, but wholly in Christ.

"Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to thy cross I cling."

Luther himself admits guilt in going to far in correcting the papist legalism so that some were mistakenly brought into Antinomianism through his teachings and he strived to correct this in his treatise on Antinomianism. You were reacting to textbook legalism in the OP, much the same as Luther, and have perhaps over reacted.

See Luther's short treatise on Antinomianism:

http://www.truecovenanter.com/truelutheran/luther_against_the_antinomians.html

We have a responsibility to help one another out of sin, we belong to one another and together we belong to Christ. We are called to confess and forsake sin, though indwelling sin remains and we who are honest can't but admit it, we cry with Paul "O wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death?"

Even so, we don't make any alliances or treaties with sin. No, there can be no pact between us and our sin, the new man must put to death the old as John Owen famously said "be killing sin or sin will be killing you."

The truly regenerate is forced into a battle he did not choose and cannot escape from, he's a man with two opposing natures.

I highly recommend 'The Mortification of Sin' by John Owen (open source PDF available, just Google search it). In fact, JI Packer has said, of every great Christian book aside from scripture itself, he is most deeply indebted to The Mortification of Sin.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is this what Christian Love looks like? I'm disgusted and full of sadness.

Regarding the OP. It sounds very much like: "let us therefore carry on in sin that grace may abound"

From the OP and follow up comments I get the sense of Antinomianism being present in your theology. If that's not the case, be aware that is how it's coming off and thats a damnable heresy (some have spoken to that harshly, but my hope is that a gentle word can break bones).

(I do note that sometimes faithful, careful preachers are falsely charged with Antinomianism, that's always the legalists response, even when holiness is preached alongside)

We must preach holiness, "apart from which none will see the Lord." It's true that the law is powerless to achieve holiness in us but it's very much powerful in making us feel our need of holiness. Men never run so fast to the bastion of grace as when they're chased by the guard dogs of God's holy law. The law isn't merely effective for bringing us to Christ initially, it's useful for keeping us there. The law compels us continually to the throne room of grace. We keep seeing our insufficiency (by the law) and so we keep looking to Christ, and more and more we learn to trust in nothing in ourselves, but wholly in Christ.

"Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to thy cross I cling."

Luther himself admits guilt in going to far in correcting the papist legalism so that some were mistakenly brought into Antinomianism through his teachings and he strived to correct this in his treatise on Antinomianism. You were reacting to textbook legalism in the OP, much the same as Luther, and have perhaps over reacted.

See Luther's short treatise on Antinomianism:

http://www.truecovenanter.com/truelutheran/luther_against_the_antinomians.html

We have a responsibility to help one another out of sin, we belong to one another and together we belong to Christ. We are called to confess and forsake sin, though indwelling sin remains and we who are honest can't but admit it, we cry with Paul "O wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death?"

Even so, we don't make any alliances or treaties with sin. No, there can be no pact between us and our sin, the new man must put to death the old as John Owen famously said "be killing sin or sin will be killing you."

The truly regenerate is forced into a battle he did not choose and cannot escape from, he's a man with two opposing natures.

I highly recommend 'The Mortification of Sin' by John Owen (open source PDF available, just Google search it). In fact, JI Packer has said, of every great Christian book aside from scripture itself, he is most deeply indebted to The Mortification of Sin.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I am no antinomian.

I do not ever preface that sin should abound that grace may abound.
I do however believe that all humanity is sinful, until glory to glory per every word of Jesus and Paul.

Are you without sin?

I admit that I am not without sin. I am sinless by Christ Alone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
To be honest, it was just too long. You lost me somewhere around the beginning of the 2nd paragraph. And I was interested in the topic to start with.

Fair enough.

I put so much time into it because of the obvious issue that it is.

Alas, I totally respect that it came out rather long.

Thank you for taking the time to contribute though.

I am growing to look forward to your words.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Ben Masada

Yeah, let's see how many liberals you can win over with that, god among man.
They'll be particularly fine with that to, so long as you tell them what they want to hear otherwise.

The most racist people on the planet are who you all are- and that is why you were met with retribution.
But ah, that's 'racist' right?
Ye are gods- so be mine :plain:

To charge the Jews with being racists, any one can see that you don't know what Racism is. If you ever visit Israel, take a trip to Jerusalem to see the number of black people throughout the Land, especially Jerusalem. And if you want to check the social system of welfare, you will be surprised to see that the majority is of Palestinian Arabs. Black officials in the Armed Forces is alarming. Now, outside Israel, throughout the world the major charitable donors are statistically Jewish. And I mean, donors to non-Jewish institutions. Well, that's enough. If I go on, I'll have to write hundreds of posts about the non-racist nature of the Jew.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
To charge the Jews with being racists, any one can see that you don't know what Racism is. If you ever visit Israel, take a trip to Jerusalem to see the number of black people throughout the Land, especially Jerusalem. And if you want to check the social system of welfare, you will be surprised to see that the majority is of Palestinian Arabs. Black officials in the Armed Forces is alarming. Now, outside Israel, throughout the world the major charitable donors are statistically Jewish. And I mean, donors to non-Jewish institutions. Well, that's enough. If I go on, I'll have to write hundreds of posts about the non-racist nature of the Jew.

'Racism' and 'prejudice' are commonly mistaken for the other. To be prejudice is to simply not like someone because they are a certain way- in this case, let's say because of their race.
That is not 'racism'. Racism is the belief that one's own race is superior to another, or otherwise that their are classes of race.

If you make a practicing Jew angry, their racism will come right out. They will call others 'goyim'- meaning 'non jew' in a derogatory context, because they believe they are the favored race.

Therefore, racism.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Amen Ben!

Ben Masada

'Racism' and 'prejudice' are commonly mistaken for the other. To be prejudice is to simply not like someone because they are a certain way- in this case, let's say because of their race.
That is not 'racism'. Racism is the belief that one's own race is superior to another, or otherwise that their are classes of race.

If you make a practicing Jew angry, their racism will come right out. They will call others 'goyim'- meaning 'non jew' in a derogatory context, because they believe they are the favored race.

Therefore, racism.

To be Jewish is not to belong in a different race. We all belong in the human race. The differences among us are identified per groups, not per race. Thus, the Caucasian, Black or Yellow group of the Human Race. True that, according to the Scriptures, we have been chosen from among all groups to be the Divinely chosen
ones but as spirituality is concerned. And as God's choice of us is concerned, it is conditional to our remaining as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)Benjamin aka the Ten Tribes lost that chance when HaShem rejected the Tabernacle of Joseph and confirmed Judah to remain as God's chosen People. (Psalm 78:67-70) And all for the sake of David as the Lord promised him that his Tribe aka Judah would remain as a lamp in Jerusalem forever. Forever here is an euphemism as homage paid to David but, God's decision remains conditional on our loyalty. (I Kings 11:36)

glorydaz

790 views and no one besides Jamie has the courage to see what's growing in our churches and church?

Are you talking about the way so many churches call good "evil" and evil "good"?

Yep, they do that and it's why so many choose the wide road that leads to destruction.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are you talking about the way so many churches call good "evil" and evil "good"?

Yep, they do that and it's why so many choose the wide road that leads to destruction.

I am very familiar with this verse.

Is this from carnal works of the covenant as good, or the spiritual shift of Christ, that calls for unconditional Love of fellow mankind as good?

I think I understand you, but I want to clarify. [emoji846]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I read your Romans 10 post.

You see with spiritual eyes.

Wise words!

Amen!

glorydaz

I am very familiar with this verse.

Is this from carnal works of the covenant as good, or the spiritual shift of Christ, that calls for unconditional Love of fellow mankind as good?

I think I understand you, but I want to clarify. [emoji846]

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm referring to Isaiah 5:20. God's standards don't change, though, do they?