What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

If the law has not been fulfilled and abolished we are all in serious trouble.
That is true, but do you know what it means?

Simply because no one can live up to what the law demands, which is perfection.
I have given you scriptures many times showing you that people can and did obey all the commandments of God.

This is why Paul said to the Galatians "Tell me that you desire to be under the law> Do you not hear the law?" The law demands that you be not like Christ, but Christ.
That is about getting circumcised.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Here in the Greek it doesn't say "under the law" (as in Romans 6:14) but "in the law." By doing so I believe Paul is just referring to Jewish people of his time, to show ... and again this doesn't come out particularly well in the English ... that the whole world is under (hypo) judgment.

So who is judging the world? The Father isn't and Jesus said he isn't, I guess that just leaves you.

NicodemusR

What happened to the people who were delivered from Egypt? Please tell us, because I would love to if you cannot.

Dear God's Truth,

I'm not sure you want to engage in serious discussion.
Anyway, as to your question, the people of Israel experienced God's blessing, e.g. the reign of David, as well as judgment, e.g. the exile.

NicodemusR

If the law has not been fulfilled and abolished we are all in serious trouble.

Simply because no one can live up to what the law demands, which is perfection.

This is why Paul said to the Galatians "Tell me that you desire to be under the law> Do you not hear the law?" The law demands that you be not like Christ, but Christ.

Yet, Jesus said as clear as clear that he didn't come to abolish the law.
We are not in serious trouble if the law hasn't been abolished.
We are in serious trouble if we don't believe the Jesus died to free us from the penalty of the law.
If the law has been abolished, how can we even know what sin is?

God's Truth

We are in serious trouble if we don't believe the Jesus died to free us from the penalty of the law.

...ignorance...

chair

You have no temple. You have no blood offering. You have no access to God, until you turn to Jesus.

Do not judge God's Truth by what you hear others say.

Get the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and obey them, and then you will have the truth revealed to you.

See John 14:21, and John 7:14.

This is really quite silly. You decide for us what our rules are. Quite arrogant.

God's Truth

Dear God's Truth,

I'm not sure you want to engage in serious discussion.
Anyway, as to your question, the people of Israel experienced God's blessing, e.g. the reign of David, as well as judgment, e.g. the exile.

I no longer want to discuss with you.

You have no understanding and I think you are really Jacob.

Ben Masada

Not we but Paul was the one in big trouble to imply that Jesus had come to abolish the Law. Ephesians 2:15, and Romans 10:4. Now, regarding Jesus dying to free us from the penalty of the Law, neither of that we need to fear any trouble because, none of us is to blame but Prophets Jeremiah, Ezekiel and whoever wrote the book of Deuteronomy. They were the ones in big trouble for denying any one could die to release anyone else from the penalty of the Law. (Deut. 24:16; Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

Robert Pate

Banned
Not we but Paul was the one in big trouble to imply that Jesus had come to abolish the Law. Ephesians 2:15, and Romans 10:4. Now, regarding Jesus dying to free us from the penalty of the Law, neither of that we need to fear any trouble because, none of us is to blame but Prophets Jeremiah, Ezekiel and whoever wrote the book of Deuteronomy. They were the ones in big trouble for denying any one could die to release anyone else from the penalty of the Law. (Deut. 24:16; Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: For you are not under the law , but under grace" Romans 6:14.

But not for you Ben. You will be judged by the law and condemned to hell.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jacob,

I guess I just have this feeling that you're aren't trying to be difficult and that you come to this position of yours in some kind of intellectually honest way and so I keep having to give you another chance. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment but in any case, I have a question for you.
Please try to just answer it. It's not a trap or a trick question. I'm just asking because I'm trying to figure you out and attempting to get you to see where I and several other are coming from. Ready? Here it goes...

Was it wrong (immoral, unjust, unrighteous, whatever term you want to use) to murder someone before God said "Thou shalt not murder."?

If so, why?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

I guess I just have this feeling that you're aren't trying to be difficult and that you come at this in some kind of intellectually honest way and so I keep having to give you another chance. I have a question for you and please try to just answer it. It's not a trap or a trick question. I'm just asking because I'm trying to figure you out and attempting to get you to see where I and several other are coming from. Ready? Here it goes...

Was it wrong (immoral, unjust, unrighteous, whatever term you want to use) to murder someone before God said "Thou shalt not murder."?

If so, why?

Yes. Because it is wrong but also because God said it was wrong when Cain killed Abel.