ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Every regenerated saint I have ever met, has trusted in the entirety of Holy Scripture.

Rev. 22:18-19; Deuteronomy 4:2, 8:3, 12:32; Joshua 1:7; Proverbs 30:6, Matthew 4:4

That's not what I asked. Answer the question:

"Must one trust the Lord believing the "entirety of the Holy Scriptures" to be saved?"

SaulToPaul 2

"Must one trust the Lord believing the "entirety of the Holy Scriptures" to be saved?"

How do I trust Gen 24:64 (KJV), Sister? :)

It does not make sense. I believe it, but I don't know how to trust it (Nang's claim)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How Dispensationalists have exaggerated I Corinthians 15:1-4, while omitting the entirety of the Holy Scriptures, results in a false gospel message.

HOW have those Scripture verses been exaggerated? Can you articulate the thoughts that brought you to this conclusion of yours? You can't just throw out a "blanket statement" and have it accepted without giving us some background on how you arrived at your conclusion?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Wrong question.

Christians (regenerated souls) believe the entirety of Holy Scripture because they have been justified and raised to new spiritual life.

You have spiritual cause and effect all backwards . . .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You see folks, Calvinists, like Nang and her ilk, believe that one must be 'regenerated' BEFORE receiving saving faith. They come to that conclusion by eliminating the middle man so to say. The middle man being humanities free-will.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you look at the Calvinist belief system very close (as with a spiritual microscope) you'll see that it's extremely illogical, unreasonable and lacks common sense. They read the Bible and claim to see absolutely NO free-will coming from all of humanity. Yet, the entire Bible is filled to the brim with examples of mankind's free will. My favorite Scripture example is, Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

You'll notice that Christ (God the Son) laments that Israel will not come and worship Him as they ought. Why? Because they "Chose" not to." I challenge ANY Calvinist to explain that verse any other way?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinism uses an elaborate filter system. They place a verse of Scripture in their "filtering device" then, it comes out of the other side, misrepresented/misinterpreted. It's really ingenius how it works. The problem is, it metamorphesizes into a false interpretation that fits into their "belief system" perfectly, at least according to their way of believing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Both God and His Holy written Word is logical, reasonable, and accurate. Calvinism is the opposite. So, they must change the character and intent of God to resemble their "belief system" instead of the other way around.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's no such thing as the "Calvinist Elect." God desires no one to perish. As per, 1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God didn't "choose" who would be saved and who wouldn't before the foundation of the world. That's a complete fabrication and a misinterpretation of Scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.