ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If it's any help, you can look at the things Jews wrote in the 19th century in northern Europe. The spoke of Jerusalem as having been destroyed and gone, etc, when they first got interested in returning instead of living in other countries.

That's correct.

The city was destroyed so bad, it wasn't a city anymore.

To this day, no one knows were the temple located.

Yet, people like Danoh claim some stones were left standing upon other stones.

whitestone

Just because Christ rejecting Jews rebuilt a modern city where Jerusalem used to be, doesn't mean it's the same city.

Like I said earlier, no one even knows where the temple was, nor does anyone know what the Wailing Wall is.

That's like saying the Soviet Union was established by God because they won WWII after being established.

It's contrary to scripture.

not according to Romans 13:1 KJV

Danoh

If it's any help, you can look at the things Jews wrote in the 19th century in northern Europe. The spoke of Jerusalem as having been destroyed and gone, etc, when they first got interested in returning instead of living in other countries.

Mark Twain in the Holy Land

HERE

Mark Twain visited Israel in 1867, and published his impressions in Innocents Abroad. He described a desolate country – devoid of both vegetation and human population:

“….. A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds… a silent mournful expanse…. a desolation…. we never saw a human being on the whole route…. hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.”

He was amazed by the smallness of the city of Jerusalem:

“A fast walker could go outside the walls of Jerusalem and walk entirely around the city in an hour. I do not know how else to make one understand how small it is.”

And he described the Temple Mount thus:

“The mighty Mosque of Omar, and the paved court around it, occupy a fourth part of Jerusalem. They are upon Mount Moriah, where King Solomon’s Temple stood. This Mosque is the holiest place the Mohammedan knows, outside of Mecca. Up to within a year or two past, no christian could gain admission to it or its court for love or money. But the prohibition has been removed, and we entered freely for bucksheesh.”

Chapters 45-56 of Innocents Abroad can be read on Shechem.org.
More quotes from pilgrims to the Holy Land can be found on the COJS website.

whitestone

Thanks though but there was a guy in another thread named interplanner that showed for two pages that the Jews sought to return to Israel ever since the destruction and establish another kingdom,I thanked him for proving it(the Idea) didn't originate with Darby,,,but thanks for trying.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
not according to Romans 13:1 KJV

You're making my point.

Somehow you think only countries that win wars are established by God, and countries that lose wars are not established by God.

1948 has absolutely nothing to do with Bible prophecy.

How many times do Darby followers have to be wrong about 1948 before you get it?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
One of the things it did was give undeniable proof that they did not use Caesars mark to buy and sell?

Say what?

The first thing they did was make people pay more Roman money in exchange for Temple money.

Then they got the Temple money back by selling sacrifices.

Which should tell you that they had more Roman money than any other.

They didn't get it not to spend it.

When Jesus asked for a coin what was it they handed him?

Come on, man.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the things it did was give undeniable proof that they did not use Caesars mark to buy and sell?

Without the mark, they were unable to buy and sell.

Thousands starved to death. Mothers ate their children.

"Throughout the city people were dying of hunger in large numbers, and enduring unspeakable sufferings. In every house the merest hint of food sparked violence, and close relatives fell to blows, snatching from one another the pitiful supports of life. No respect was paid even to the dying; the ruffians [anti-Roman zealots] searched them, in case they were concealing food somewhere in their clothes, or just pretending to be near death. Gaping with hunger, like mad dogs, lawless gangs went staggering and reeling through the streets, battering upon the doors like drunkards, and so bewildered that they broke into the same house two or three times in an hour. Need drove the starving to gnaw at anything. Refuse which even animals would reject was collected and turned into food. In the end they were eating belts and shoes, and the leather stripped off their shields. Tufts of withered grass were devoured, and sold in little bundles for four drachmas." - Josephus

Without the mark of the beast, no one could buy or sell. That's why they starved.

(Rev 13:17) so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

It was so bad, a mother ate her child:

" With these words she killed her son, roasted the body, swallowed half of it, and stored the rest in a safe place. But the rebels were on her at once, smelling roasted meat, and threatening to kill her instantly if she did not produce it. She assured them she had saved them a share, and revealed the remains of her child." - Josephus

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks though but there was a guy in another thread named interplanner that showed for two pages that the Jews sought to return to Israel ever since the destruction and establish another kingdom,I thanked him for proving it(the Idea) didn't originate with Darby,,,but thanks for trying.

The Jews have always wanted to return, but didn't see it as a reality until the 19th century, and beginning of the 20th century?

Do you know why it wasn't a reality until then?

Because Darby's false doctrine had convinced many Britain's that a restored Israel was part of Biblical prophecy.

You do know Darby was from England? You do know England controlled Palestine after WWI?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm curious - what's your take on the Western Wall and Three Towers Josephus asserts were ordered to be left untouched?

I believe the Western Wall was part of a wall from when the Jews tried to rebuild the temple circa 130AD, or when Julian the Apostate tried to rebuild the temple in the fourth century, or some other time Jews tried to rebuild the temple a long time ago.

As for the three towers, they don't exist today, there is no trace of them. So, I don't know when they were destroyed.

I also don't take the prophecy "too literal". If I tear down your house so that you can't even recognize it, but leave three foundation blocks intact over in a corner, to me, that's still not leaving one stone left upon another.

When you couple the destruction with the Romans leaving the city after surrounding it, and reports that the Christians fled to Pella during that time, it's hard to not believe the prophecies were fulfilled in 70AD.

Do you really think there's going to be a third temple built, then people fleeing from Judaea when an army surrounds this third temple, then not one stone left standing on the third temple?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I posted awhile back.

Josephus reported that over 1.1 million people died during the siege in 70AD.

Since 70AD, not one city since has had as many people die at one time.

Even if we combine the death tolls from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the death tolls aren't even half of how many people who died in Jerusalem in 70AD.

No city in WWI or WWII had as many people die in it as Jerusalem in 70AD.

IOW, the words of Christ Jesus still hold true today:

(Matt 24:21) For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

whitestone

Say what?

The first thing they did was make people pay more Roman money in exchange for Temple money.

Then they got the Temple money back by selling sacrifices.

Which should tell you that they had more Roman money than any other.

They didn't get it not to spend it.

When Jesus asked for a coin what was it they handed him?

Come on, man.

Those scriptures were 40 years before the revolt. When the revolt began the Zealots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealots_(Judea) forced the issue to print their own coins and to revolt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage ,,,

Which is why I'm pointing out that they did not buy nor sell with Caesars money they refused it so did not fulfill Revelation 13:17 KJV prior to ad70. They cannot be said to have Worshiped the Image of the beast Revelation 13:15 KJV and fulfilled that scripture(they were killed i.e.ad70).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is why I'm pointing out that they did not buy nor sell with Caesars money they refused it so did not fulfill Revelation 13:17 KJV prior to ad70. They cannot be said to have Worshiped the Image of the beast Revelation 13:15 KJV and fulfilled that scripture(they were killed i.e.ad70).

Who was Rev 13 written to?

HINT: It wasn't written to Christ rejecting Jews.

whitestone

Who was Rev 13 written to?

HINT: It wasn't written to Christ rejecting Jews.

You don't have a beast in your eschatology one of it's heads could receive a deadly wound by the sword in ad70 and be in the pit in Revelation 17:8 KJV then ascend up out of the pit in 1948 still worshiping the same exact false Messiah they were in ad70,then grow and await the one who comes in his own name and it would all keep going right over your head,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't have a beast in your eschatology

In the Revelation, "the beast" is referred to as a kingdom, as seven kings, and as a man.

So, you need to keep that in mind every time you think it's one man only.

one of it's heads could receive a deadly wound by the sword in ad70

Nero died from a sword in 68AD

then ascend up out of the pit in 1948 still worshiping the same exact false Messiah they were in ad70,the grow and await the one who comes in his own name and it would all keep going right over your head,,,

It's as if you get your eschatology from a heavy metal album cover:

DSCN1331.JPG

whitestone

In the Revelation, "the beast" is referred to as a kingdom, as seven kings, and as a man.

So, you need to keep that in mind every time you think it's one man only.

Nero died from a sword in 68AD

It's as if you get your eschatology from a heavy metal album cover:

DSCN1331.JPG

hmm,If the wrath of God is only poured out on those who worship the image,and receive the mark or the number of his name,and the Jews in the Jewish revolt didn't worship Caesar or take his mark,and the wrath of God was poured out on them in ad70 just exactly who did those Jews worship?,,,,hmmm,,,