Homosexuality will destroy this and any country and needs to be recriminalized

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist, as well as most white people.
Most white people of European descent saw themselves as superior to opposing cultures. The standard of the day. Labeling Lincoln a "white supremacist" is a bit skewed, contextually speaking.

They wanted, really, to ship them off back to Africa
It was an idea of redress among many.

Liberals are against conservative ideology.
In the sense that possessing one contextual perspective will do that. The same is true for conservatives.

They do not really care about homosexual acts, but rather to use that subculture as a tool to attack conservatism.
That's a bit goofy. Like suggesting conservatives don't care about traditional marriage except as a tool to attack social progressives.

See the correlation there?
I see the cynicism. But I'd say, rather, that liberals have a context and conservatives have another and they move toward their disparate goals. Often those goals conflict. I don't think the point is conflict, but goal oriented.

Now stop pretending like Rebulicans wanting to recriminalize homosexuality isn't for the same reason you all wanted it decriminalized in the first place :rolleyes:
Two quick points. I'm not a liberal and you do a disservice to actual liberals (and any sort of rationalist) by doing the standard right wing nonsense of calling everyone to your left a liberal. Second point, my position would be there's no secular justification for criminalizing a private behavior that deprives no one of their right. I don't have to like it anymore than I like the Klan marching on a public street, but that's the nature of the Republic.

how do you figure?
It really depends on where you want to draw the line. If you begin responsibility with the first slaves arriving and end with the Emancipation Proclamation, it's closer to two hundred and forty four years. If you don't start counting until we declared independence and end it with the end of the Civil War it's about 89 years. So close to a hundred years as a nation and a lot longer as a people united under a common rule.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Most white people of European descent saw themselves as superior to opposing cultures. The standard of the day. Labeling Lincoln a "white supremacist" is a bit skewed, contextually speaking.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races — that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

~Abraham Lincoln

Plain
As
Day

That's a bit goofy. Like suggesting conservatives don't care about traditional marriage except as a tool to attack social progressives.

No, because conservatives always cared about traditional marriage, even when a soul didn't contend it way back when.
Liberals, however, only began to 'care' about thirty years ago.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races."

~Abraham Lincoln
1858 Right. His opposition at the time of that debate was a) to oppose slavery and b) to win an election. And it was around that time that Lincoln first considered sending blacks back to the land of their ancestors. But if you continue to track his thinking you see an evolution of thought. Some of that doubtless had to do with his exposure to a few black intellectuals, something unheard of in his previous neck of the woods. His relocation notion was one of the ideas that he shed after discussing it among them. By the time Lincoln made his last speech touching upon the subject, in 1865, he was arguing for limited black suffrage, that black soldiers who had served to preserve the Union were entitled to the political privilege. It was this evolution that led to his assassination.

Booth, hearing that speech said, “That means n... citizenship. Now, by God! I’ll put him through. That is the last speech he will ever make.”

Plain As Day
Where you got your cherries, sure. Also clear your examination pulled up where you wanted it to stop.

No, because conservatives always cared about traditional marriage, even when a soul didn't contend it way back when.
Evidenced how? Rather, most people cared and care about marriage, liberal or conservative.

Liberals, however, only began to 'care' about thirty years ago.
No, but as with any social movement, it isn't an immediate thing.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Cirque du Solei Cancels North Carolina Shows Over Public Facilities Act

[The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).] ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13])

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
starting to think transvestites are worse now

Next stop, age of consent.

Get 'em before 8 or it's too late. :banana: ~ Pedophile moto

[The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).] ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13])

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The heterosexual reprobates used homosexuality as a means to attack conservative Christian beliefs.

Why else do you think there is some ridiculous outcry defending a mere one percent of society? There should be an outcry for everyone that sits there and pretends to have a vested interest in gays when they are really just finding something to insult traditional morality.

It's the only 'movement' where the overwhelming majority of supporters aren't even the subjects thereof.
So screw LGBT supporters- they are all a bunch of morons.

And for a Christian to sit there and condone it, you aren't any more Christian than Mohammad allowing that- pick up a Bible for once and stop living in denial about what it condemns for crying out loud. It didn't go misinterpreted for 2000 years, you don't just reiterate what is stated straight up as an abomination
:rolleyes:

Last edited: