the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Christ died for the sins of ALL humanity. However, only those who hear the Gospel and place ALL their faith in Jesus Christ will reap the benefits. God's Grace (forgiveness of sins, mercy, and eternal life) is offered to anyone willing to place ALL their faith in Christ and none in themselves, their church, their Priest, water baptism, and obedience to the Law.
We all, sometimes, commit moral offenses sometimes.

If we keep the faith, we will reap eternal life, then therefore, logically, there are certain conclusions that are incontrovertible. Heaven is aware of our moral offenses, even though the Lord paid the eternal punishment for them, we still must answer for everything we did, including every errant word. We have to answer for it all because we're going to be living together with a gigantic amount of people, forever. I think that's the debt we carry into Purgatory, and it must be purged so that heaven isn't tainted.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We all, sometimes, commit moral offenses sometimes.

If we keep the faith, we will reap eternal life, then therefore, logically, there are certain conclusions that are incontrovertible. Heaven is aware of our moral offenses, even though the Lord paid the eternal punishment for them, we still must answer for everything we did, including every errant word. We have to answer for it all because we're going to be living together with a gigantic amount of people, forever. I think that's the debt we carry into Purgatory, and it must be purged so that heaven isn't tainted.

Well, at least, you're civil. I'll give you a point for that. However, there is no purgatory. What Scripture can you come up with that will explain what it is? Is it just a "Catholic" thing? I gave you a "Thanks" for your civility.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Jesus gave us the church
-the church gave us the bible
-the bible shows us how Jesus gave us the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Only unregenerate people need rules....

0 Bible results for “regenerate.”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

Double-check spelling, especially people and place names.
Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.
Retry your search in another translation.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

SaulToPaul 2

Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Try regeneration.

HisServant

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

I expected this kind of comment from someone that has not never been taught what salvation/redemption/regeneration is all about.... you did not disappoint.

IF you are saved, God has created a new person in you, this person should not need rules.. this person should care about their fellow man, do good works and care about the widows and orphans and LIFE a life of a redeemed person. This type of person lives by FAITH in everything they do and rests on God, even when they do fail from time to time, they acknowledge their human frailty and strive to do better.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I hold a university degree from a Catholic institution, attended seminary, have been studying Catholic doctrine for nineteen years, and teach adult classes on the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Based on your comments, she in fact knows next to nothing about Catholicism.

You commented that my friend "knows next to nothing about Catholicism" yet, she was in the Catholic church for many years and she and her family were missionaries in the Catholic church in other countries. She also visited the Vatican and met with Monsignors and Cardinals. I would ask you, have you read "Vatican one and two?"Your resume with the Catholic church doesn't seem to match hers yet you say she knows next to nothing about your church? Now, isn't that interesting?

SaulToPaul 2

You commented that my friend "knows next to nothing about Catholicism" yet, she was in the Catholic church for many years and she and her family were missionaries in the Catholic church in other countries. She also visited the Vatican and met with Monsignors and Cardinals. I would ask you, have you read "Vatican one and two?"Your resume with the Catholic church doesn't seem to match hers yet you say she knows next to nothing about your church? Now, isn't that interesting?

No one knows as much about the catholic church as cruciform. He has the links to prove it.