Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizebeatz1

No matter how you slice it the Bible does not make literal sense. Everyone knows this on a gut level. Some are afraid to admit it in part for fear of making the church wrong. We know there is some truth to it but we just don't know what. The feeling that something is missing doesn't go away for good reason. The infinite eternal part of us calls but few answer. The noise of our everyday lives buries the infinite stillness and eternal silence of the soul. Hardly no one pays attention to this stillness and silence because we think there's something more important.

The Kingdom is meant to be experienced while we are alive. Hell is one of the tools the adversary uses to keep people locked in patterns of unconscious fear. Fear does not come from God. Every single belief to which we attach is a battle in the war against experiencing the infinite and eternal part of us. Notice how the identity will feel worthless without these beliefs. There's no way around this awareness. We are unconsciously fighting a war against God and ourselves. The way to stop is to let go of everything we take ourselves to be and allow what it infinite and eternal to define us instead. This gives us a chance to recognize the barriers that block our awareness of our own divinity. We must then do the work of reverse engineering the personality and figuring out EVERY SINGLE REASON why we are consciously or unconsciously running away from the infinite and eternal stillness which is the very presence of God within us.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
well, aren't you the dandiest of cherry pickers.....

well, aren't you the dandiest of cherry pickers.....

It's called cherry picking.

Don't forget, 'God' created the 'cherries' and the 'pickers' :crackup:

Nothing would be without 'God', and nothing exists outside of 'God'.

'God' is All There IS....no matter what beliefs, opinions, concepts or forms you choose to assume or entertain about 'God'. So, you're just as much of a 'cherry picker' as any other.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No matter how you slice it the Bible does not make literal sense. Everyone knows this on a gut level. Some are afraid to admit it in part for fear of making the church wrong. We know there is some truth to it but we just don't know what. The feeling that something is missing doesn't go away for good reason. The infinite eternal part of us calls but few answer. The noise of our everyday lives buries the infinite stillness and eternal silence of the soul. Hardly no one pays attention to this stillness and silence because we think there's something more important.

Sounds like meditation and yoga

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love upholds and nutures the value of every sentient being.......

Love upholds and nutures the value of every sentient being.......

The Kingdom is meant to be experienced while we are alive. Hell is one of the tools the adversary uses to keep people locked in patterns of unconscious fear. Fear does not come from God. Every single belief to which we attach is a battle in the war against experiencing the infinite and eternal part of us. Notice how the identity will feel worthless without these beliefs. There's no way around this awareness. We are unconsciously fighting a war against God and ourselves. The way to stop is to let go of everything we take ourselves to be and allow what it infinite and eternal to define us instead. This gives us a chance to recognize the barriers that block our awareness of our own divinity. We must then do the work of reverse engineering the personality and figuring out EVERY SINGLE REASON why we are consciously or unconsciously running away from the infinite and eternal stillness which is the very presence of God within us.

Indeed,...."God is love, and he who loves knows God; he who does not love does not know God". - John lays down the essentials, and in this there is no fear whatsoever. On this truth alone, the fear of eternal punishment and torment evaporates, since 'Love' could NEVER do such a thing to any sentient being. Not only is such a thought a blight upon God's goodness, it violates his very soul.

Another thing to realize is that Love recognizes the eternal value of every soul.

Since love values and esteems the innate worth of every sentient being, and wills that the potential within consciousness shall find freedom of movement, creative expression and fulfillment, love will do nothing short of fostering, enhancing and promoting that innate beauty, creativity and life within every soul (unfolding it into eternity), ....towards greater joy, light-expansion, development, progress and perfection, as long as such potentials can become actualized and find room to express unto infinity. This is what life is about, and is what love creates and wills for its children.

Love can only be true to its nature and will. This expands to an even greater magnitude when we consider INFINITE LOVE.

View attachment 21416

Mickiel

It's called cherry picking. He's not very good at it, either.

The Christian mind can be unfair in its evaluation of truth it thinks it sees; I have used 590 scriptures in this thread and he still persist on calling that cherry picking.

Go figure.

Prizebeatz1

Sounds like meditation and yoga

Have we ever noticed how quickly the personality will label and unconsciously judge what is infinite and eternal? This is equivalent to the mocking, jeering, and spitting in Jesus' face. We are the ones who were on the sidelines yelling "crucify him".

Aimiel

The Christian mind can be unfair in its evaluation of truth it thinks it sees; I have used 590 scriptures in this thread and he still persist on calling that cherry picking.

Go figure.

It's because you're choosing which verses you apply to you imagined'version' of The Word of Truth.

Mickiel

It's because you're choosing which verses you apply to you imagined'version' of The Word of Truth.

Can you explain why the verses I choose are there to begin with? Are they disqualified verses? Are the verses I picked from another book? How about telling us what's wrong with the 590 verses I have used. Are they part of the bible you choose to ignore?

Aimiel

Can you explain why the verses I choose are there to begin with? Are they disqualified verses? Are the verses I picked from another book? How about telling us what's wrong with the 590 verses I have used. Are they part of the bible you choose to ignore?

If you ignore a single verse, you miss the mark. Not that I've hit it, just that I'm pressing towards it. If you don't heed Scriptures, you're still in darkness. I want to walk in as much Light as I can find. Those whose deeds are evil love darkness.

Mickiel

If you ignore a single verse, you miss the mark. Not that I've hit it, just that I'm pressing towards it. If you don't heed Scriptures, you're still in darkness. I want to walk in as much Light as I can find. Those whose deeds are evil love darkness.

Do me a small favor; explain to me the deeds I do that are evil. Explain to me which scriptures I don't heed. What scriptures am I ignoring? I don't recall me and you ever discussing scripture. You think that because I view the bible different than you, that I am some kind of deviant. I believe in God and Christ with all my heart, I view the bible as the word of God, but because I am not a Christian, you think I am some kind of demon. You really don't have a clue as to how I live my life or what is in my heart; but pre judging seems to be a way of yours.

I feel for you. I don't ever want to be so harsh with people who are not like me. But that's just me. Its also just another reason why I cannot be Christian, I don't want them teaching me to treat people like that.

Mickiel

This is so interesting;

Notice this about Christianity;

I believe in God and Christ; I believe the bible is the word of God
I live my life as best I can, and have had a decent life; I mean not perfect, but okay.

But because my beliefs do not match those of Christianity, most of them would still sentence me to their hell. They would send even believers in God to their hell.

Christians are cold blooded.

Aimiel

Christianity is not for me; God wants other things in store for me.

That's a lie. If He didn't want to save you from your sins, He wouldn't have sent His Son to die in your place. His Blood was shed for you. Without That Blood, you have no life in you. You're dead in your trespasses and sins.

Mickiel

That's a lie. If He didn't want to save you from your sins, He wouldn't have sent His Son to die in your place. His Blood was shed for you. Without That Blood, you have no life in you. You're dead in your trespasses and sins.

For some reason, God does not want me tainted by any religion; no religion is for me. I personally don't want any of them reguardless; not in me. I have spent the last 16 years daily working to get what's left of religion out of me. I don't want Christianity in my bloodstream, and God knows I don't want their view of scripture anywhere in my consciousness. That ethereal bondage is not for me.

Mickiel

Not the question. :chz4brnz:

Can you become a Christian? Jn 12:39

I can't become a Christian, no; my destiny is already set, I have to walk without religion. I have to seek God without books, without teachers, I have to learn about God without any influence from any human, I have to seek God without him talking to me, I get no visions, no counseling, no fellowship with others, I don't personally know God or Christ, I do not have the Holy Spirit, and I can't depend on any family or friends; I must walk alone through whatever is to come; and still seek after God.

Its kind of tuff man.

Aimiel

Sounds like you have more questions than answers, even though you try to give others advice. You're already in a self-imposed prison, and don't even realize it.

Mickiel

Sounds like you have more questions than answers, even though you try to give others advice. You're already in a self-imposed prison, and don't even realize it.

Kindly show me anywhere in this thread that I have stated that I am giving advice to anyone. I am simply sharing my views. And I do have a lot of questions for God, if I ever have speaks with him. And my prison is not self imposed. In Eccl. 7:13, " Consider the " Work of God', ( so were talking about a work that God does), for who can make straight , that which he has bent over?" So there are times that God works on bending people; getting them down. And when he does that, you can't get up.

Notice Job 3:23, " Why is light given to a man whose way is hid; and whom God has " Hedged in?" Here we see God will do things to a humans life, he will " Hedge them in", or manipulate their life as if its in a controlled box; there's just nothing they can do, except learn the lessons God is teaching them. And the position God puts them in could be anything, and nobody can do anything to change their condition. Not even themselves.

After years of God doing that, the person just slowly understands what God wants for them, and does not want for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.