ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

glorydaz

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, but I did not get saved until I started to do what he says.

Head knowledge versus heart (believing unto righteousness). Romans 10:10KJV :nono:

You aren't there yet. You're still trying to get there by your own efforts. Just as the Jews did. Romans 10:2-4KJV

God's Truth

You don't get it. We are still disobedient to His Word.

What don't you get that Jesus says repent of your sins?

It has nothing to do with being saved.

Of course our sins and obedience have to do with being saved.

If you do wrong and sin, you are storing up wrath.
If you do right, you will have eternal life.

Do you need the scripture references?

There is a difference between obedience and repentance.

Jesus tells us to repent.

Doing what Jesus says is obedience.

God's Truth

Head knowledge versus heart (believing unto righteousness). Romans 10:10KJV :nono:

You aren't there yet. You're still trying to get there by your own efforts. Just as the Jews did. Romans 10:2-4KJV

You won't ever be able to undue what Jesus did for me.

You are fighting against me for saying I believed and obeyed and then was saved.

Who goes against others for preaching obedience to Christ?

You do not understand those scriptures if you think they are saying we do not have to obey and that it is somehow shameful and wrong to obey.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You won't ever be able to undue what Jesus did for me.

You are fighting against me for saying I believed and obeyed and then was saved.

Who goes against others for preaching obedience to Christ?

You do not understand those scriptures if you think they are saying we do not have to obey and that it is somehow shameful and wrong to obey.

Take a look at the order of events. Believed then obeyed!

glorydaz

I am not under the law, the old school master/tutor---I am under Christ my Teacher and Lord.

Then you're still on the wrong side of the cross, because those who believe are no longer under a any schoolmaster. Believers have no need for a schoolmaster, as Paul tells us in Galatians. We have the indwelling Spirit.

Jesus taught the law while he walked this earth, and that's why you're confused, and think you have to obey. Then he went to the cross and accomplished what the law could not do.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:​

You don't seem to believe our Lord accomplished the only obedience that would not fall short of the glory of God, and was adequate for every sin every person in the world would ever commit. He said "It is finished", but you think you have to keep performing (even though we all can see you fail at every turn).

Danoh

Actually, this is why people "gang up" on GT and Meshak. Their pride.

And, it's why you get "picked on", too.

You and yours are Trump supporters.

His exact extremism in his pride and bigotry...yours.

Not a one of you has any right to say anything to anyone about...pride.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even if I obeyed first then believed, I wouldn't have been saved until I did both.

See John 7:17, James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

In looking at these scriptures it becomes obvious that faith comes first and works come as a result of that faith. Does that make any sense to you?

God's Truth

In looking at these scriptures it becomes obvious that faith comes first and works come as a result of that faith. Does that make any sense to you?

Read what Jesus says in John 7:17.

He speaks about if those do not believe.

As for me, I believed my whole life but was not saved until I started to do what Jesus said.

I have a powerful testimony, so don't think you can convince me that my obeying didn't do anything for me to get saved.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you sin?

Of course, not intentionally.

1 John 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Of course faith comes first, otherwise we will not even try to understand what He teaches.

Your argument is straw man.

glorydaz

You and yours are Trump supporters.

His exact extremism in his pride and bigotry...yours.

Not a one of you has any right to say anything to anyone about...pride.

That old charge of pride is sticking in your craw...for good reason, I might add.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Of course, not intentionally.

1 John 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If Jesus is your Lord, you will not attack any Christians who are striving to be like Him as you people are doing.

What you are doing is sin against Jesus because Jesus emphasize to be faithful to Him until the end.