ECT They can't be the same

DAN P

The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

Hi and CONTEXT is non-existence to them it seems to me !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

Heresy.

There is only one gospel.

The Kingdom of God promised to come required that Christ die for any who would desire to be included in it.

All one and only gospel.

Paul entered through obedience to the same gospel as the church began with.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.
(Acts 28:23 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)​

Do you still say Paul didn't preach the kingdom of God?

Good post.

Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

LA

Cross Reference

The gospel of Christ is about the kingdom.

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15 NKJV)​

Yep! The Whole government of God.

Interplanner

'Basileiu' just means reign. God reigns through his Gospel. Paul was saying this in Rom 1 about the power of God for salvation. It is compelling because it is historic and because it answers the question of the debt of our sins. It is the righteous giving their life for the unworthy, on a cosmic scale, Rom 5. So, it has its own power which governments cannot. 'Your people will volunteer freely / in the day of thy power' is the same idea from Ps 2. The day of God's power has come and millions have responded.

'The government will be upon his shoulders.' I think it is a figure of speech, yet it could be a direct beam of light on the fact of the cross. Either way it is not the same kind of power as the ordinary civic or theocratic state. You will not say here it is or there it is or that it has offices or locations or HQ.

Paul called everyone to obedience to God's reign but never sought the overthrow of existing powers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and just where is that verse where people DESIRE TO BE INCLUDED in it ??

Please , lets see that verse !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added

Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:
the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.
(Acts 28:23 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)​

Do you still say Paul didn't preach the kingdom of God?
We've been through this before in other threads and here you are again. The gospel of the kingdom is not the same as mentioning the kingdom of God. Why not just acknowledge that you recognize that the gospel of the kingdom was preached by the Lord Himself on earth for three years pre death yet Paul preached a gospel that declared Christ died for our sins? It's not so hard to admit that is true.

I never said Paul didn't preach the kingdom of God. I said he did not preach the gospel of the kingdom. Don't try and twist what I say or have said.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of Christ is about the kingdom.

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15 NKJV)
That is not the gospel of Christ and you should know that by now having seen what the gospel of Christ actually is.

heir

TOL Subscriber
'Basileiu' just means reign. God reigns through his Gospel. Paul was saying this in Rom 1 about the power of God for salvation. It is compelling because it is historic and because it answers the question of the debt of our sins. It is the righteous giving their life for the unworthy, on a cosmic scale, Rom 5. So, it has its own power which governments cannot. 'Your people will volunteer freely / in the day of thy power' is the same idea from Ps 2. The day of God's power has come and millions have responded.

'The government will be upon his shoulders.' I think it is a figure of speech, yet it could be a direct beam of light on the fact of the cross. Either way it is not the same kind of power as the ordinary civic or theocratic state. You will not say here it is or there it is or that it has offices or locations or HQ.

Paul called everyone to obedience to God's reign but never sought the overthrow of existing powers.
The gospel of Christ is the gospel that establishes the believer into the Body of Christ Romans 1:11 KJV, Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 3:2 KJV) not the gospel of the kingdom.

Interplanner

The gospel of Christ is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Why not just state what it is?

the reason some people think that there was a gospel about the kingdom is a grammar question. Greek has nominative, genetive, possessive and dative cases in sentences, and objects of prepositional phrases can be classed this way. A gospel in which the subject matter would be the kingdom would be in one case (genetive or dative). But when you mean that a gospel belongs to the kingdom you use the other.

Once that is cleared up, there is a sense in which the kingdom itself is good news (because it is better than the kingdoms out there!) but we should not confuse them just as we don't confuse the sun's light and its heat. And also, we should not forget that 'basileiu' is a reign; it is not a territory that can be surveyed, or a theocracy with a local HQ or offices.

As the ministry started Christ was announced as the Lamb of God who would take away the sin of the world. It was an announcement about justification. People would still sin, but the debt of sin was being solved by this Lamb's arrival.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is not the gospel of Christ and you should know that by now having seen what the gospel of Christ actually is.

Do you not believe Jesus is the Christ? Or do you just not believe Jesus' gospel of God's kingdom? It's written that he is a King of kings and a Lord of lords. Kings have kingdoms.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of Christ is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Why not just state what it is?

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NKJV)

Then comes the end when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
(1 Corinthians 15:24 NKJV)​

Context.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I said he did not preach the gospel of the kingdom.

The gospel of the kingdom is that we must be born of the Spirit.

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5 NKJV)​

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Christ Jesus preached mysteries that were kept secret since the foundation of the world.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

You can keep running and hiding from this verse found in the King James Bible, but we all see it, and know it proves you wrong.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ Jesus preached mysteries that were kept secret since the foundation of the world.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

You can keep running and hiding from this verse found in the King James Bible, but we all see it, and know it proves you wrong.

Your belief system is, Christ already returned to earth in 70AD. Does
that mean we're living in the millennial kingdom now? Is the anti-
Christ around today? Have you received the mark of the beast?