Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I know!
I'm not sure he could paint it any clearer!!!!!

And STILL, we have folks defending him and saying "He didn't really mean that".

Since Angel and I saw his point right from the start, we may have noticed the countless times he repeated the same things over and over and over again, while some of the others either missed it or chose to miss it. :idunno:

If we can't go by what people say, what can we go on?

Probably those things he said over and over and over again instead of the one or two things people have clearly misinterpreted. Had he not clarified over and over and over again, then you might have a point.

glorydaz

I was going to let this go, but let's talk about your choice of wording here. Victim defenders... to defend a victim of an injustice, why is that a bad thing to you?

Nothing....as long as one doesn't go overboard and claim they have no responsibility for their own actions.

I know some real victims....children. Not grown women who were working their tails off enticing men to lust (and YES some women do just that). But little kids...kept in attics and traded for drugs, sold to boyfriends for beer money.....raped every night by a foster father. I don't have much sympathy for full grown women who can't behave themselves.

glorydaz

I do not like it when someone is unfairly characterized. Misogynist is a word thrown around so often as to become meaningless. Rape is an explosive topic that is gutsy for a guy especially to take a route unapproved by the people who consider themselves as protectors of the currently established set of myths concerning rape. I'm not convinced he is as bad as you guys make him out to be and he gets a boatload of abuse. He could use some support in my estimation.

Hey, I'll take ten of him over ONE WHINER (who must remain unnamed) any day of the week. At least Res can take it as well as he dishes it out. Can't say the same for some others right here on this thread, though.

Arthur Brain

Well, it's all you're going to get outa me tonight, AB. This whole subject is beginning to bore me. It's like leftovers....how many nights do you have to eat the same thing. :chew:

It's probably all I'm going to get out of you tonight or any other day I suspect, which is telling unfortunately. It should have been more than easy enough for you to answer in the negative, that being that no, it's not okay to tell someone that they deserve to be raped.

glorydaz

It's probably all I'm going to get out of you tonight or any other day I suspect, which is telling unfortunately. It should have been more than easy enough for you to answer in the negative, that being that no, it's not okay to tell someone that they deserve to be raped.

Oh, is that right? Well, perhaps I'm just too darn honest for you, Artie. The gal in that scenario got exactly what she deserved, and I'm not going to LIE in order to fit into anyone's politically correct mold.

If I warn my son not to rob a bank and he robs it and gets tossed in the slammer, I'd tell him he deserved exactly what he got. Doesn't mean I wouldn't bring him twinkies on visitor's day.

Arthur Brain

Oh, is that right? Well, perhaps I'm just too darn honest for you, Artie. The gal in that scenario got exactly what she deserved, and I'm not going to LIE in order to fit into anyone's politically correct mold.

If I warn my son not to rob a bank and he robs it and gets tossed in the slammer, I'd tell him he deserved exactly what he got. Doesn't mean I wouldn't bring him twinkies on visitor's day.

So you believe that women in certain scenarios deserve to be raped then, got it.

I would say wow but at this point any exclamation would be redundant really...

I could point out how someone committing an actual crime and paying the penalty for it under law has no bearing or even relevance on the matter at hand but hey...

:plain:

genuineoriginal

These comments in collaboration paint a very malicious, victim shaming picture that I, personally, object to. If you still think his argument is valid, that's fine. But it is also important to understand why people might lash back at you for doing so.

I believe I have spotted your error.
You assume this is about shaming a victim for being a victim.

It is not.
If you look at it as if he is shaming an idiot for being an idiot, it all makes sense.

glorydaz

So you believe that women in certain scenarios deserve to be raped then, got it.

I would say wow but at this point any exclamation would be redundant really...

I could point out how someone committing an actual crime and paying the penalty for it under law has no bearing or even relevance on the matter at hand but hey...

:plain:

I know.....and sin doesn't deserve punishment, either.

Bad behavior should have no consequences. It wouldn't be fair.

If you wanna play you shouldn't have to pay. Gotcha. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.