ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

Because Jesus Christ WASN'T made (poieo) everyone's singular ARTICULAR hamartia (sin); but He WAS made (poieo) everyone's singular ANARTHROUS hamartia (sin).

It really is as simple as understanding Greek noun forms and the misperception of them by English thinkers/speakers, because the English language structure implants a foundationally different concept in place of that which it can't readily translate and replaces it with another understanding.

Those with duplicitous hearts can't recognize that simplicity, and it seems foreign to their convoluted minds.

Since nouns may describe actions then what is your point?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A gift bought and paid for still requires that one receive it.

That's frankly just weak. It completely rejects God's sovereignty and makes the Crucifixion frivolous.

Calvinism knocks that notion out of the park with Sovereign Election, which makes the Crucifixion do exactly as God intended it to do- to save the saints. Not for someone to unwrap the bow and paper, or to make a formal acceptance- but to save the saints.

Sonnet

Oh, but it does and you don't have any idea that it does. That's your problem.

One who puts at rest or peace that which is divided or separated, like the false binaries of so many Christian doctrinal extremes in the later centuries of Denominationalism.

No. You mistake exegesis for interpretation because you are consistently doing the latter and not the former to recognize the former.

I represent the Greek text. You falsely presuppose upon and into the Greek text from your English misconceptualizations that you are willfully blind to.

It wouldn't help. You reject anything that is beyond your own definitions and private interpretation that you presume to be exegesis for some reason.

Your preclusion of God as the source for all things by supplanting Him with man is astonishing.

Nope. You haven't a clue and prescribe that to me based on your illiteracy of the Greek text because of bumbling English preconceptions of a carnal mind as a self-labeled agnostic.

That was the lexicography for election unto salvation. Sad you couldn't recognize it.

LOL. Not even close. I've never even addressed Compatibilism.

Yes, you certainly presuppose.

Of course you don't. There's a reason for that.

No. You presume a false binary.

No, you make the Creator worthless and man sovereign.

You can't even determine that. You have no clue what Greek anarthrous language constructs even ARE.

I have. Indeed, I vehemently have.

No. You most certainly don't. You go with what you presume they mean in English concepts superimposed upon the Greek text in arrears.

Right. It's not what I have said, but what scripture has said... Via the Greek anarthrous noun/adjective/predicate "all".

At some point, you should see the prevailing theme of you and an overwhelming majority of Moderns who don't know what Greek anarthrous language constructs mean compared to articular constructs and English attempts to translate them.

Well, you did indicate 1-4, but it's still all the same. Anarthrous. And did I mention anarthrous? How
'bout anarthrous? Consider the anarthrous. Yeah, take a look at the anarthrous. ANARTHROUS!!!!

No. It's maddening in the manner of dealing with a beligerent toddler or preschooler. Exasperating.

Yeah, that's pro, too. Same/same. Precendence and preeminence.

You THINK you agree, and do lip service to it. Sadly, you don't have a clue.

Yeah, so you might wanna stop. Go learn what scripture actually says from the Greek text in English.

You can't even know that yet, if ever.

No, you're a Pelagian. You can't even consider anything but your false conceptualization from English presuppositional eisegetic nonsense.

It's like talking to an elementary school kid who read A through F in the encyclopedia and is challenging someone who has lived a life of truly experiencing what is beyond the pages and their info.

Ignoring your ad hominems, I ask again: to whom was Jesus speaking when he said: “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them."

?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's frankly just weak. It completely rejects God's sovereignty and makes the Crucifixion frivolous.

Calvinism knocks that notion out of the park with Sovereign Election, which makes the Crucifixion do exactly as God intended it to do- to save the saints. Not for someone to unwrap the bow and paper, or to make a formal acceptance- but to save the saints.

Blah blah blah the same old Calvinist propaganda. Be warned my fellow posters, Calvinism is a false doctrine. It isn't even Biblical. It's made up. People who are drawn to Calvinism are usually people who seem rather intelligent, arrogant, uncivil and annoying. They, PRIDE themselves in being the "ELECT" however, if you ask them to give a personal testimony of how they came to Christ, either you won't get an answer, they may give a vague answer or they might even say they read or heard the Gospel and placed their faith in Christ like any other person that becomes a Christian. That is if they're in the mood? They are usually angry, argumentative and showing a high degree of Superiority towards others. There's no reason for their arrogance, it just comes naturally to them. There are exceptions, such as Lon and one or two others.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Crucible is supposedly a Calvinist however, yesterday he was sticking up for the banned poster "Word" who claimed that he was the "spirit of God." Cruc also was defending the Urantia Book UFO Cult at the same time yesterday. So, he seems to be very confused about what he believes or doesn't believe?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Contrary to the theme of this thread, God's Grace through Christ's death and resurrection is offered to ALL of humanity. Not just the "supposed Elect." All one need do is, hear the Gospel and place ALL their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior and the Holy Spirit seals, indwells and baptizes them (not by water) into the Body of Christ. Such a one receives the righteousness of Christ and they're guaranteed eternal life.

It's all the work of the Holy Spirit once one places their faith. Our ONLY prerequisite is our faith, God the Holy Spirt does the rest.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Ignoring your ad hominems, I ask again: to whom was Jesus speaking when he said: “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them."

?

Actually, you're ignoring everything to desperately make some eisegetic case for your presuppositions. Maybe you should look at which knowledge that is and you wouldn't have to ask.

There's really no use in continuing with you into oblivious oblivion. Your cognitive dissonance rules you and you have no intention of ever learning what Greek anarthrous constructs are. I competely understand and sympathize. It's a red pill kind of thing. That's a tough gig.

"...and few there be that find it."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Grosnick has a big motor mouth, doesn't he?

I have him on ignore, but can't help but notice half the page just spammed with his little inserts.

He knows I have him on ignore, and talks behind my back, no doubt slandering and making arguments I'm not seeing to have defense on.
Like the little punk he is :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible is a Spiritual Book and in order to understand it one must depend on the knowledge and wisdom that God can give us, in order to understand the Scriptures. Before I open God's Word, I pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge to understand what I'm about to read. We must trust that the Holy Spirit is able to lead us into all understanding.

Sonnet

Grosnick has a big motor mouth, doesn't he?

I have him on ignore, but can't help but notice half the page just spammed with his little inserts.

He knows I have on ignore, and talks behind my back, no doubt slandering, like the little punk he is :rolleyes:

You continue to eviscerate the Gospel. Just think of all the possible unbelievers who turn away in astonishment and disgust after being told by you that God preselected individuals as you assert.

Galatians 1:8-9

Status
Not open for further replies.