ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross Reference

Looks as if you'll have to wait until the Judgment to see if you were "Good enough" to receive eternal life, huh?

Not a question of being good enough but to know you have lived a life designed by God to take you home to His House, a journey that can't begin until one is born again; enabled to travel the Agape road..

In that day it will be too late but for a "OMG, what have I lost out on"!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The free will of humanity is seen throughout the Old and New Testament. I like to use the following Scripture that shows the free-will of humanity: Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

What held back the Jews from worshipping God? The answer is, their free-will to choose not to. Christ (God the Son) desired the Jews to worship Him, however, they, of their own accord, would not. Christ laments this fact. That's an example of the free-will of humanity to choose God or to reject Him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are so MANY Scriptures that show the free-will of humanity in the Old/New Testaments. It's unfathomable how the Calvinists miss every one of them?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You wont answer the question.

I have. You refuse to understand it. Unless and until you decide to examine the difference between nouns and verbs, you'll never understand.

It's your presuppositions that lead you to your understanding.

I've divested myself of my presuppositions. You presume otherwise because you're trapped by your own first language and its inadequacies in translation.

Christ most certainly made salvation available for all men as scripture teaches repeatedly.

Of course.

It's appears to be some form on monergism through the back door.

There's no back door. It's Monergism. And Calvinists don't fully know what Monergism is.

The Gospel is only good news if, and only if, all men have access to salvation.

They do. Jesus Christ was made (poieo) sin (singular anarthrous). If you (and all the Calvinists) knew what that meant, there would be no debate whatsoever.

Or are you inadvertently arguing that you yourself might have no access?

Nope.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Yeah, we have to watch out for those "English thinkers/speakers" They're just a bunch of babbling, incoherent Baboons, right PPS? They don't have the ABILITY to become a "Wordsmith" like you.

Especially the grumpy geriatric know-it-alls on the verge of senility in their arrogant ignorance.

Now you've finally understood. Yet you haven't.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
...which was your response to:

However, you have also said:

Jesus didn't die for everyone's singular articular sin; only for those who repent, and repentance is granted by God, and it's a noun. The verb comes from the noun.

So how is salvation made available for those whom you say Christ did not die for?

Because Jesus Christ WASN'T made (poieo) everyone's singular ARTICULAR hamartia (sin); but He WAS made (poieo) everyone's singular ANARTHROUS hamartia (sin).

It really is as simple as understanding Greek noun forms and the misperception of them by English thinkers/speakers, because the English language structure implants a foundationally different concept in place of that which it can't readily translate and replaces it with another understanding.

Those with duplicitous hearts can't recognize that simplicity, and it seems foreign to their convoluted minds.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You would not persist with this argument, if you had a clue about what true repentance is.

Repentance is not the same as human remorse, Johnny.

Repentance is a Godly ability to turn from sin, granted only by the grace of God: II Timothy 2:25; Acts 3:26, 5:31, 11:18

But then you have been given this answer before, but you do not have ears to hear . . .

In fleshly parlance... I wish I had a dollar for everyone professing to be a Believer who has absolutely no clue what repentance is, but is utterly convinced that they do; I think my net worth would rival the positive equivalent of the US national debt. Or more.

Danoh

Because Jesus Christ WASN'T made (poieo) everyone's singular ARTICULAR hamartia (sin); but He WAS made (poieo) everyone's singular ANARTHROUS hamartia (sin).

It really is as simple as understanding Greek noun forms and the misperception of them by English thinkers/speakers, because the English language structure implants a foundationally different concept in place of that which it can't readily translate and replaces it with another understanding.

Those with duplicitous hearts can't recognize that simplicity, and it seems foreign to their convoluted minds.

Your conclusions about the heart of another as to this only betray your ignorance of a key factor in all this.

That English being Western in origin, is based on a different sense of time, of subject-object, etc., then Greek; which is Mediterranean; which is a much more in the moment language.

One might as well just ignorantly conclude that some ethnicities are so spontaneous due to their evil heart; that their sense of subject-object, of time, etc., has nothing to do with it.

While, should you need to ask what it is I am talking about; that will only prove not only your actual ignorance, but give you a sense of where your better than thou nonsense is perhaps causing some to react to your posts from.

Why this ceaseless need of yours to hide your intent behind word use some might not be familiar with?

Why, if you actually care; do you not speak in words easy to be understood by your intended audience?

Why all the uncertain sound of your words if your own vanity alone is not your actually intended audience.

Speak the words which become sound doctrine, you fool.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That doesn't help your argument.

Oh, but it does and you don't have any idea that it does. That's your problem.

Please define Reconciliationist.

One who puts at rest or peace that which is divided or separated, like the false binaries of so many Christian doctrinal extremes in the later centuries of Denominationalism.

Your interpretation of scripture is in conflict with the translations we have.

No. You mistake exegesis for interpretation because you are consistently doing the latter and not the former to recognize the former.

I represent the Greek text. You falsely presuppose upon and into the Greek text from your English misconceptualizations that you are willfully blind to.

To whom was Jesus speaking when said:
He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.
?

Would need defining.

It wouldn't help. You reject anything that is beyond your own definitions and private interpretation that you presume to be exegesis for some reason.

Your preclusion of anything of man to do that which scripture invites of him is astonishing.

Your preclusion of God as the source for all things by supplanting Him with man is astonishing.

Your interpretation is a done deal and man just robotically follows.

Nope. You haven't a clue and prescribe that to me based on your illiteracy of the Greek text because of bumbling English preconceptions of a carnal mind as a self-labeled agnostic.

I meant in terms of electing unto salvation!

That was the lexicography for election unto salvation. Sad you couldn't recognize it.

Since you have provided no reconciliation of compatibilism, then you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

LOL. Not even close. I've never even addressed Compatibilism.

I presuppose that we may make a choice to believe else we casnnot be held responsible.

Yes, you certainly presuppose.

How God remains sovereign I do not know.

Of course you don't. There's a reason for that.

Your interpretation of scripture leads to Calvinistic election and reprobation.

No. You presume a false binary.

See above. A worthless creation.

No, you make the Creator worthless and man sovereign.

No you haven't

You can't even determine that. You have no clue what Greek anarthrous language constructs even ARE.

I have. Indeed, I vehemently have.

I'll go with what the words actually say.

No. You most certainly don't. You go with what you presume they mean in English concepts superimposed upon the Greek text in arrears.

Nothing you have said renders 'all' to mean something else that fits your theology.

Right. It's not what I have said, but what scripture has said... Via the Greek anarthrous noun/adjective/predicate "all".

At some point, you should see the prevailing theme of you and an overwhelming majority of Moderns who don't know what Greek anarthrous language constructs mean compared to articular constructs and English attempts to translate them.

No, all the verses from 1-13.

Well, you did indicate 1-4, but it's still all the same. Anarthrous. And did I mention anarthrous? How
'bout anarthrous? Consider the anarthrous. Yeah, take a look at the anarthrous. ANARTHROUS!!!!

Now you are getting angry.

No. It's maddening in the manner of dealing with a beligerent toddler or preschooler. Exasperating.

Rather Ephesians 1:4.

Yeah, that's pro, too. Same/same. Precendence and preeminence.

Of course.

You THINK you agree, and do lip service to it. Sadly, you don't have a clue.

Remember Paul's curse on those that preach a different Gospel?

Yeah, so you might wanna stop. Go learn what scripture actually says from the Greek text in English.

By all means prove what you are asserting...you haven't so far.

You can't even know that yet, if ever.

Your definition of how a man comes to faith in God allows you to accuse me of Pelagianism.

No, you're a Pelagian. You can't even consider anything but your false conceptualization from English presuppositional eisegetic nonsense.

It's like talking to an elementary school kid who read A through F in the encyclopedia and is challenging someone who has lived a life of truly experiencing what is beyond the pages and their info.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PPS is our, "inhouse" Wordsmith and ultimate genius of a man. He makes us all "pale in comparison." What a guy. I do have one small contention, however. I find his WIT somewhat lacking. He does try to make us all look small, doesn't he? He's good at that. After all, who's smarter than PPS on TOL?

In a world full of mental midgets, PPS is a GIANT of a man.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Your conclusions about the heart of another as to this only betray your ignorance of a key factor in all this.

That English being Western in origin, is based on a different sense of time, of subject-object, etc., then Greek; which is Mediterranean; which is a much more in the moment language.

One might as well just ignorantly conclude that some ethnicities are so spontaneous due to their evil heart; that their sense of subject-object, of time, etc., has nothing to do with it.

While, should you need to ask what it is I am talking about; that will only prove not only your actual ignorance, but give you a sense of where your better than thou nonsense is perhaps causing some to react to your posts from.

Why this ceaseless need of yours to hide your intent behind word use some might not be familiar with?

Why, if you actually care; do you not speak in words easy to be understood by your intended audience?

Why all the uncertain sound of your words if your own vanity alone is not your actually intended audience.

Speak the words which become sound doctrine, you fool.

Go buy some basic language tools, you fool.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PPS is our, "inhouse" Wordsmith and ultimate genius of a man. He makes us all "pale in comparison." What a guy. I do have one small contention, however. I find his WIT somewhat lacking. He does try to make us all look small, doesn't he? He's good at that. After all, who's smarter than PPS on TOL?

In a world full of mental midgets, PPS is a GIANT of a man.

Kind words. Blush, blush. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.