Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Most of us thought you believed in the Trinity; the Godhead. It simply destroys your credibility with me.

Colossians 2:9 KJV - plus you can hover your mouse over my signature scriptures one by one and read more in under a minute.

Why should I believe in the trinity, its not in the bible; the term trinity is nowhere in scripture. God is an individual, Jesus is an individual, and I just don't know what the Holy Spirit is. I have a few Ideas what the Holy Spirit is, but they are just speculation.

Apple7

I don't think Jesus is God, but as far as him " Being a God", that may be possible, but I doubt it.

What does scripture say?

Or....is that a request that resides outside of your scriptural program?

God cannot die, Jesus died.

Scripture states that Jesus' flesh died.

I thought you said that you knew your Biblical scripture...no?

God cannot be tempted by anything, Jesus got tempted by the devil, although it did not work. And I have other reasons that concern me.

But....no scripture that you can post.

Lon

I use the Black Heritage edition of the King James version.

I am 60 years old and this bible 40 years old.
I think its fine. The dictionary definition has changed and so I always had taken "winked at" as a negative of passive participation and compliance with an evil. So, it is my 'definition' that is wrong and I will ensure I embrace the more positive aspect of 'looking over.' The Modern King James/New King James wrote "Overlooked."

Apple7

Well now, at least you seem to have backed off of that kick me out attitude, I never did see what I did to deserve it while that lynch mob spirit was here for a minute.

Your time is coming...don't worry.

You need to further debase yourself first.

Strange, I have used just about 200 scriptures, and you have yet to show a willingness to discuss any of them in detail.

What?

I lost track as to how many I rebutted, and you ignored.

You have this goal to hit-n-run as many verses as possible before you leave.

Better stay caffeine-ed up, brother...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why should I believe in the trinity, its not in the bible; the term trinity is nowhere in scripture. God is an individual, Jesus is an individual, and I just don't know what the Holy Spirit is. I have a few Ideas what the Holy Spirit is, but they are just speculation.

Obviously you don't read scripture and don't comprehend when you do.

:carryon:

Mickiel

I think its fine. The dictionary definition has changed and so I always had taken "winked at" as a negative of passive participation and compliance with an evil. So, it is my 'definition' that is wrong and I will ensure I embrace the more positive aspect of 'looking over.' The Modern King James/New King James wrote "Overlooked."

Yes, he overlooks them.

Reactions: Lon

Apple7

If you don't believe in The Trinity, then why would you be quoting scripture from a Trinitarian-rendered Bible?!

Can we say hypocrisy again?

:cigar:

Mickiel

If you don't believe in The Trinity, then why would you be quoting scripture from a Trinitarian-rendered Bible?!

Can we say hypocrisy again?

:cigar:

My favorite bible got stolen, it was a Moffat translation, so I have to use what I got. This bible was a gift to me, so I pulled it out of the closet.

Did you know that the bible is the worlds most shoplifted book? They took mine.

Can we say fault finding again?

Apple7

My favorite bible got stolen, it was a Moffat translation, so I have to use what I got. This bible was a gift to me, so I pulled it out of the closet.

Did you know that the bible is the worlds most shoplifted book? They took mine.

Can we say fault finding again?

You just keep right on making excuses for yourself.

Keep up the hypocrisy, and keep using your Trinitarian-rendered Bible, brother....yeah, you're gonna convince a lot of people:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mickiel

Keep up the hypocrisy, and keep using your Trinitarian-rendered Bible, brother....yeah, you're gonna convince a lot of people:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I hold no interest in convincing anyone , that job is taken by the Holy Spirit, and it needs no help.

Prizebeatz1

How many ways did Jesus say there were?

If there is only one way to God then we believe God is not already everywhere? Agreed? Can we reduce God? Does man define God or does God define man? I think that's part of the misconception. God, heaven, salvation, enlightenment are already forever present in the timeless Now but something is in the way. That something is the adversary, the personality which uses thoughts and beliefs to make us feel separate from our natural state of infinite oneness. Symbolism my friend. Symbolism. Jesus represents the soul and Satan represents the personality. It goes much deeper than what appears on the surface.

Mickiel

This Bible is not Trinitarian rendered , but I would not care if it was. I like it because its a Black Heritage Edition, and it shows who all the black people in the bible were.

Prizebeatz1

Well I have a differing view on the meaning of God being omnipresent. When the bible says in proverbs that the eyes of the Lord are everywhere, I think that means his angels are everywhere, looking for him. I do not view God as omnipresent by being everywhere at the same time. Why would God need to be everywhere? God sits on a throne , so we know he can be in a single place at a single time, but I don't think he is literally spread out everywhere, no.

Thank you. Very honest answer and respectable opinion. Nothing wrong with that at all. I had a spiritual awakening and experienced something different. I don't expect everyone to understand but I found all that outer space turned into a presence and not an absence. It was like how could I ever have thought anything different from the idea that God is not everywhere. It was timelessness. Again, my experience is different from yours and your mileage may vary I assume. Thanks for sharing. I think it's not only possible but necessary for the overall well-being of the planet for people to experience the soul and find out for themselves if God is everywhere. I don't want anyone to take my word for it because it's not going to do much good if we can't actually feel the infinite nature of the soul and the self-worth it brings. Our God is a mighty healing power. Glory to God in the highest and peace to his people on earth! I can't stop speaking of his love and you won't be able to either once you feel it. Take that to the bank. Speaking of the bank, the feeling of richness does not come from money. Everything other than the soul is an imitation for the real feeling of unconditional self-worth. There is no replacement just like Jesus in the Gospels. Coincidence? You decide.

Last edited:

Mickiel

Thank you. Very honest answer and respectable opinion. Nothing wrong with that at all. I had a spiritual awakening and experienced something different. I don't expect everyone to understand but I found all that outer space turned into a presence and not an absence. It was like how could I ever have thought anything different from the idea that God is not everywhere. It was timelessness. Again, my experience is different from yours and your mileage may vary I assume. Thanks for sharing. I think it's not only possible but necessary for the overall well-being of the planet for people to experience the soul and find out for themselves if God is everywhere. I don't want anyone to take my word for it because it's not going to do much good if we can't actually feel the infinite nature of the soul and the self-worth it brings. Our God is a mighty healing power. Glory to God in the highest and peace to his people on earth! I can't stop speaking of his love and you won't be able to either once you feel it. Take that to the bank. Speaking of the bank, the feeling of richness does not come from money. Everything other than the soul is an imitation for the real feeling of unconditional self-worth. There is no replacement just like Jesus in the Gospels. Coincidence? You decide.

I understand you, you have had a good experience. I think God's fingerprints are everywhere!

Mickiel

I have scriptures showing why I think its only one God , but I have been forbidden to post links ; but since you asked, there are too many for me to type; so if the site does not mind;

http://www.openbible.info/topics/one_god

So interesting, 96 bible verses about there being one God, zero verses about there being a Trinity, and yet Christianity creates a doctrine about three gods in one. They believe in and will not change, the term Trinity does not even exist in the bible. And its a very strong belief. This shows us something, when an unbiblical doctrine can gain so much support in this area, the same " Ghost Dynamic", believing something that is not scriptorial, will exist in other areas. This kind of seduction requires great power to embed it without the deception of it being noticed.

Mickiel

If there is only one way to God then we believe God is not already everywhere? Agreed? Can we reduce God? Does man define God or does God define man? I think that's part of the misconception. God, heaven, salvation, enlightenment are already forever present in the timeless Now but something is in the way. That something is the adversary, the personality which uses thoughts and beliefs to make us feel separate from our natural state of infinite oneness. Symbolism my friend. Symbolism. Jesus represents the soul and Satan represents the personality. It goes much deeper than what appears on the surface.

There is only one way, and that is God drawing a human through Jesus Christ , but now how God decides to do that, could be " Any kind of way or experience." Jesus is the door of salvation, no doubt about it, BUT, what kind of human experience is enlisted by God to open a human could be endless. The method God decides to use can very well vary from human to human, and some methods could be the same. God can appeal directly to the human consciousness, or he can use any kind of riveting experience, he could use the death of a close one, he could use a book, and not just the bible; he could use something mythical, a dream, a vacation, a child, a church, there are hundreds of ways God could enlist to draw a human and wake them up. We have to stop limiting him and look at this for real.

Prizebeatz1

There is only one way, and that is God drawing a human through Jesus Christ , but now how God decides to do that, could be " Any kind of way or experience." Jesus is the door of salvation, no doubt about it, BUT, what kind of human experience is enlisted by God to open a human could be endless. The method God decides to use can very well vary from human to human, and some methods could be the same. God can appeal directly to the human consciousness, or he can use any kind of riveting experience, he could use the death of a close one, he could use a book, and not just the bible; he could use something mythical, a dream, a vacation, a child, a church, there are hundreds of ways God could enlist to draw a human and wake them up. We have to stop limiting him and look at this for real.

Well said. I think the misunderstanding for me occurred because I thought salvation was conditional on me hanging onto my beliefs. It was just the opposite. The attachment WAS the hell, or should I say the perceived hell. I remember how frustrating it was and I hope my experience can help someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.