Targeting Christians?

bybee

Has Obama said anything about this?

Said anything about what? He is advocating for more laws on top of the plethora of gun control laws already in place.
Violence begins in the heart and mind of a person.
I see on Facebook that the Oregon murderer is an advocate of Isis.
We cannot change Isis. But we can and must prepare ourselves for more of such attacks.

lifeisgood

Said anything about what? He is advocating for more laws on top of the plethora of gun control laws already in place.
Violence begins in the heart and mind of a person.
I see on Facebook that the Oregon murderer is an advocate of Isis.
We cannot change Isis. But we can and must prepare ourselves for more of such attacks.

But the preaching of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary can.

Oh, I forgot, we're prohibited to do that because we could offend them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is CRIMINAL to deliberately leave vulnerable people unable to defend themselves. We have many mandated safety laws in case of fire and other possible emergencies, but, no protection against deranged individuals who come out of the woodwork.

Then we might as well hand out .38 specials to patients in the ICU.

Truster

You're such a scumbag. :)

My statement is proven by the scriptures, but past experience informs me I'd be wasting my time in thinking you'd comprehend them.

If you knew how blessed I am by your words towards me you'd be infuriated.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:think: Those little plastic .380's would probably be better.

By why stop there? How 'bout theaters start giving concealed carriers complimentary bags of popcorn or they could offer complimentary .22s to anyone who shows up not packing. Depending on your level of dementia nursing homes could pass out 12-gauges or M1 Garands to the gentlemen wandering the halls, just to be on the safe side. And how about masseuses? One minute you're giving someone a massage in the safety of a spa; the next minute some maniac in a cucumber scrub mask walks in with an Uzi. What to do? How about reaching for Dr. Gordon's All-Natural Organic Derringer?

bybee

By why stop there? How 'bout theaters start giving concealed carriers complimentary bags of popcorn or they could offer complimentary .22s to anyone who shows up not packing. Depending on your level of dementia nursing homes could pass out 12-gauges or M1 Garands to the gentlemen wandering the halls, just to be on the safe side. And how about masseuses? One minute you're giving someone a massage in the safety of a spa; the next minute some maniac in a cucumber scrub mask walks in with an Uzi. What to do? How about reaching for Dr. Gordon's All-Natural Organic Derringer?

Or, we could just respond with "That's okay, just shoot me! I wouldn't want to give you a complex or anything!"

bybee

Then we might as well hand out .38 specials to patients in the ICU.

Sometimes you are an unbelievably dense dipstick!
A hospital has security personnel who monitor the whole house.
They provide security for patients and personnel.
I'd hate to see you with a weapon. You are way too volatile!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Or, we could just respond with "That's okay, just shoot me! I wouldn't want to give you a complex or anything!"

You seem to be suggesting we simply learn to live with fear and arm ourselves to the teeth. As if the problem is we just don't have enough guns yet.

But we've got 300 million of them in this country, bybee, which would make one think we'd be the safest country in the world. Instead, it seems like every other Joe Schmoe out there's becoming more and more afraid of his own shadow.

Sooner or later when the whole world looks like a threat you start shooting at everything.

bybee

You seem to be suggesting we simply learn to live with fear and arm ourselves to the teeth. As if the problem is we just don't have enough guns yet.

But we've got 300 million of them in this country, bybee, which would make one think we'd be the safest country in the world. Instead, it seems like every other Joe Schmoe out there's becoming more and more afraid of his own shadow.

Sooner or later when the whole world looks like a threat you start shooting at everything.

No you don't. Every man I know for four generations has used weapons responsibly.
As a woman I do live with fear. Every parking ramp every parking lot every dark street down which I must travel poses a potential threat.

exminister

The slaughterer at a Junior College in Oregon specifically targeted Christians. It was reported this morning that he asked students "What is your religion?" And shot them if they answered "Christian".
It will be interesting to hear the follow up on this.
Ten Christians shot dead.
May they rest in peace.

How awful. Agreed. RIP.

I hate that this thread turned ugly so quickly.

musterion

An unarmed citizenry cannot defend itself from its' own government!
This is the danger and it is happening to us like the lobster in a pot of cold water!

That's the end goal. That's the method to their seeming madness.

musterion

Much of the world IS a threat. Always has been. But "shooting at everything," if it is ever a response, is the response only of unstable, immature simpletons like yourself. Based on the intellect and temperament you often display here, you are one I would not trust with a firearm.

bybee

Much of the world IS a threat. Always has been. But "shooting at everything," if it is ever a response, is the response only of unstable, immature simpletons like yourself. Based on the intellect and temperament you often display here, you are one I would not trust with a firearm.

Sometimes, people see themselves everywhere....
Granite is a very negative person.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You said you have one right?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No you don't. Every man I know for four generations has used weapons responsibly.
As a woman I do live with fear. Every parking ramp every parking lot every dark street down which I must travel poses a potential threat.

Bully for them. It's the other 299 million guns and their owners we have left to account for then.

Bottom line, the solution more often than not seems to be fear. That's what we're sold. Stock up, get more ammo. That's the solution, and we can see what kind of results it's getting us. We refuse to change, or consider our situation for the heartsickness it is.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It doesn't help to conflate tragedies. I am addressing the tragedy at this school. My prayers go out to the families who have lost loved ones because of one depraved and deranged individual. There was no one on that campus who was armed. No one who could have defended the students and staff.
I do not know what we are to do about this? I do know that, contrary to what the president said, I am not immune to this.

Good post