Targeting Christians?

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's the end goal. That's the method to their seeming madness.

Right, because being armed to the teeth's prevented them from doing anything so far.:rolleyes:

But hey, if walking into a restaurant with a carbine is enough to make somebody think they're being "patriotic," well, that's swell. It just so happens they missed the boat.

We live in a surveillance society that can kill its citizens with impunity, and you guys think you're getting armed for a "war" against "tyranny." Lotsa luck with that. And way to be late to the party.

popsthebuilder

It is CRIMINAL to deliberately leave vulnerable people unable to defend themselves. We have many mandated safety laws in case of fire and other possible emergencies, but, no protection against deranged individuals who come out of the woodwork.
That's because it is an attempt by the government to remove all guns owned by civilians

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My statement is proven by the scriptures, but past experience informs me I'd be wasting my time in thinking you'd comprehend them.

Scumbag :)

If you knew how blessed I am by your words towards me you'd be infuriated.

Nah...Just continues to illustrate your "scumbaggedness". :p

Granite

Hall of Fame
http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05/mass-killings-stopped-by-armed-citizens.html

I hope you get a time out for being deliberately lazy and stupid, you dimwitted child.

Once more:

We live in a surveillance state where they can spy on and kill us with impunity. If you ever paid attention to what I actually wrote (as opposed to your pinheaded quick scan of my words) you might actually cook up an appropriate response.

Frankly I don't really give a hoot in hell about some burglar who gets killed by a guy with a gun. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the star-spangled idiots who style themselves "patriots" fighting "tyranny." The tyranny showed up while these guys were at gun shows. We're the most heavily armed nation on earth and liberty's dead here. And guess what? They didn't need to take our guns, and they don't want to. They prefer we have them so we keep killing ourselves.

bybee

Once more:

We live in a surveillance state where they can spy on and kill us with impunity. If you ever paid attention to what I actually wrote (as opposed to your pinheaded quick scan of my words) you might actually cook up an appropriate response.

Frankly I don't really give a hoot in hell about some burglar who gets killed by a guy with a gun. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the star-spangled idiots who style themselves "patriots" fighting "tyranny." The tyranny showed up while these guys were at gun shows. We're the most heavily armed nation on earth and liberty's dead here. And guess what? They didn't need to take our guns, and they don't want to. They prefer we have them so we keep killing ourselves.

You need some fresh air!

bybee

Which is swell. But this isn't a "half full" kind of thread, is it? I'd say the families of nine people are feeling pretty empty right about now.

Agreed. But me wallowing in angst is not any help to them.
I'm thinking that the people who come to their aid to comfort and support them are offering comforting words not raging over injustice.
I do, on occasion rage over injustice. But I do not wish to allow it to consume me.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking that the people who come to their aid to comfort and support them are offering comforting words not raging over injustice.
I do, on occasion rage over injustice. But I do not wish to allow it to consume me.

I just wish we got outraged over the right things. I feel fed up and disgusted with Oregon, just like I felt the one before, and the one before that. And I suspect I'll feel less angry when the next massacre happens. Which is sad commentary, if you think about it. Sooner or later this kind of bloodshed wears on you and the despair is what's left behind by the anger. And so we feel powerless and are told we can't do anything. And it continues. So it goes.

musterion

Right. We also have to do what we can to see that it never happens again, even if we'll never succeed.

Note Granite the Child says we're outraged over the wrong thing here.

bybee

I just wish we got outraged over the right things. I feel fed up and disgusted with Oregon, just like I felt the one before, and the one before that. And I suspect I'll feel less angry when the next massacre happens. Which is sad commentary, if you think about it. Sooner or later this kind of bloodshed wears on you and the despair is what's left behind by the anger. And so we feel powerless and are told we can't do anything. And it continues. So it goes.

Wait until you are 78 years old. One begins to realize that most struggles are jousts with windmills unless one has specific weapons to fight specific battles.
I have the vote. I stay informed in areas which concern me and hope to fight knee-jerk reactions with knowledge, that is, specific knowledge to specific situations.
I can't walk around angry at every awful occurrence in the world.
I have been gifted with the ability to see what is good in the midst of sorrow. It is a blessing.
Along with that, I do what I can to be helpful right where I am planted.
Victor Frankl helped me to stay alive at a dark place in my life.
I recommend his book "Man's Search For Meaning".

alwight

Yes. I have read that mortality rates go down when citizens are free to defend themselves.
I doubt that deranged individuals think about that.
Deranged individuals with a ready supply of guns requires another level of self defence.
In the US you have to defend against armed nutters and a gun culture that made the owning of guns acceptable to people who don't actually need them, not just the armed nutters.
Nutters drooling over their privately owned guns will one day probably want to use them against whoever happens to displease them whatever their country.
Norwegian nutter Anders Behring Breivik didn't like lefties rather than Christians so he shot them without mercy.

bybee

Deranged individuals with a ready supply of guns requires another level of self defence.
In the US you have to defend against armed nutters and a gun culture that made the owning of guns acceptable to people who don't actually need them, not just the armed nutters.
Nutters drooling over their privately owned guns will one day probably want to use them against whoever happens to displease them whatever their country.
Norwegian nutter Anders Behring Breivik didn't like lefties rather than Christians so he shot them without mercy.

What is in the heart and in the mind will find a weapon if it wants to.