ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

I'll tell you why the "serve" isn't stressed by more believers. We take the charge of not boasting very seriously. Even a hint of what "we" do puts us in danger of sounding like those who boast in their own obedience/righteousness. I for one would rather err on the side of caution where that is concerned. I don't know of one single member of the body of Christ who would even dream of grieving the Spirit in us. We have no desire....because we have been freed from the Law. There is no "forbidden fruit" there. We have enough "faults" as human beings without going out seeking trouble.

While you run around usurping Yeshua's authority from the Father and calling it your right by permission? Nah, I'm not buying this.

IMJerusha

1Cor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.​

I see the liberty we have as similar to this:
All speed limits are lawful. But just because any speed is lawful doesn't mean it is a good idea to drive 120 mph through a school zone. That would be reckless even though you have the liberty to do so.
Or, to put it another way, if I do drive 120 mph through a school zone, even though it would be reckless, I have not broken the law.

Your analogy as well as your interpretation of Scripture is incorrect because not all speed limits such as murder, covetousness, slander, theft, taking the Name of the Lord in vain, failing to forgive, etc. are now lawful. Yeshua's death for our sake did not remove our need to fear God and Yeshua stated this. “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him." Luke 12:4-5

IMJerusha

The speeding analogy is a good one.

You would think so.

The law, itself, sets people up to want to break it. It's like the drinking age. Once you are legal to drink, the challenge is gone.

So, in Yeshua, we're now legal to murder, steal, slander, covet, fornicate, etc. We no longer need to love God or our neighbor as ourself. Thanks for the clarification, albeit wrong. Do you ever read what you write or consider those you are leading astray?

You equate doing God's Will with being under the Law for salvation. That's so wrong it hurts.

IMJerusha

This is the best time I've had in days. No IMJ and no GT. If only it could always be this way....what a wonderful thing. :surf:

Yeah, lawlessness is a lot of fun, isn't it? There's a price, however, just as there is a price for failing to forgive. You may wish to remember that while you're surfing along on your sin high. :)

IMJerusha

I might add ....

Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

This does not make God's Law something we can now be disobedient to unless you believe that the Ruach would lead us in disobedience to God's Law.

IMJerusha

I might add....

εκ νομου= out of law......no definite article....meaning from any law.

You've focused on the wrong part of that verse. The Law is not against God's promises so obedience to it, in Yeshua, isn't wrong. Ignoring the blood sacrifice of Yeshua once for all time is what's wrong. And now folks will be jumping on the words "once for all time" as though they are a permission to now do what ever we want against God's Will. That's a perversion. The Law required, in part, a blood sacrifice for sin. Yeshua fulfilled that requirement so folks going back to that were wrong/still living under the Law for the forgiveness of sin. No one can go back to that and if they try, they are subjecting Yeshua to shame, putting Him back on the Cross over and over.

“Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses." Acts 13:38-39

We are not set free to continue to sin as we choose. Refusing to forgive is not loving and the Law is summed up in love. Galatians 5:14 "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you can't help but notice how much fun they are having with this thread
and
I had figured it might be a threat to their beliefs

IMJerusha

Everyone kept on sinning in the flesh after Christ died.

Yes, they did, making God's Law, His Will, even more important in our lives in that as new creatures, that Law helps us to know what sin is so that we can, with the help of the Ruach, avoid as much of it as possible, not drench ourselves in it. That's why God wrote His Law on our hearts...so we would have no excuse for not knowing.

God's Truth

I might add....

εκ νομου= out of law......no definite article....meaning from any law.

Paul is speaking of the old law. The old law was not based on faith. A person could sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

All those who are saved have to obey the law, the new law, the new law is in the New Covenant.

The new law is the law of the Spirit, see Romans 8:2, the perfect law, see James 1:25.

It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.

It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

It is the law of Christ, see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes, they did, making God's Law, His Will, even more important in our lives in that as new creatures, that Law helps us to know what sin is so that we can, with the help of the Ruach, avoid as much of it as possible, not drench ourselves in it. That's why God wrote His Law on our hearts...so we would have no excuse for not knowing.

......which sins are you not avoiding, not possible eh? perhaps you should make some sins venial and some mortal

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul is speaking of the old law. The old law was not based on faith. A person could sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

All those who are saved have to obey the law, the new law, the new law is in the New Covenant.

The new law is the law of the Spirit, see Romans 8:2, the perfect law, see James 1:25.

It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.

It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

It is the law of Christ, see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.

You condemn yourself for if you obey the law you must live by them.

The SDA is controlled by a legalistic spirit...just leaving that church does not neccesarily free you from that spirit...you need deliverance.

It is a very powerful spirit.

SaulToPaul 2

You condemn yourself for if you obey the law you must live by them.

The SDA is controlled by a legalistic spirit...just leaving the church does not neccesarily free you from that spirit...you need deliverance.

It is a very powerful spirit.

Wasn't graceandpeace from the SDA?
Hmmmm.

God's Truth

She should since she is like the Jews who went about establishing their own righteousness. Romans 10:3KJV

The Jews established their own righteousness BY obeying God's ceremonial commands.

When Jesus came, the Jews did not have faith that Jesus' blood cleans them and makes them righteous. The Jews wanted to keep getting circumcised, they wanted to keep adhering to the dietary law, they wanted to keep observing special days, doing various washings, and offer animal sacrifices.

Only faith in Jesus' blood makes us righteous...makes us clean, makes us justified.

I do not preach that we should get circumcised, or do any of the ceremonial works to justify us before God.