The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mr Moore-Nowhere is baptism spoken of as a ritua

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mr Moore-Nowhere is baptism spoken of as a ritua

Originally posted by JustAChristian

C. Moore, Have you ever though of arguing with your shadow? I bet your shadow would lose! Don't you realize, for the sake of wanting to win an argument, that you have blasphemed the Lord.! We are commanded to follow the apostles as they follow Christ (1 Cor. 11:1). You better be following what Paul and the apostles did and said, for they are chosen ministers of the Lord Himself and His authority in what they wrote for us!

JustAChristian
:rolleyes:

1Co:11:1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Who do you think in your bible study was paul talking too???

Let’s remember the proper procedures for good Bible study:
1. Find out who is speaking.
2. Find out to whom they are speaking.
3. Find out what dispensation it is being said under.
4. Observe the passage in its context.

does your church have allthe women must wear head coverings like paul said to do???

peace

Last edited:

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mr Moore-Nowhere is baptism spoken of as a r

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mr Moore-Nowhere is baptism spoken of as a r

Originally posted by c.moore

1Co:11:1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Who do you think in your bible study was paul talking too???

Let’s remember the proper procedures for good Bible study:

does your church have allthe women must wear head coverings like paul said to do???

peace

Paul only spoke to two groups, the unsaved and the saved. This command applies to all who would follow Christ. Many became Christians under Paul's preaching. He baptized many people. After they were baptized their sins were washed away. They could walk in newness of life. They were united with Christ. When are going to be united with Christ?

JustAChristian
:angel:

c.moore

Just a chritian

you said :paul only spoke to two groups, the unsaved and the saved. This command applies to all who would follow Christ.

which one are we suppose to follow today??
one minute you say or point out follo w paul ,a dn then you quote follow Jesus christ.
Are you saying those who follow the command should follow Christ?

peace

c.moore

hello Kevin

i thought i might try and see if anybody has learn anything sence I left this thread from evangelist freak.
but it looks like we all have our own belief , some believe we have 6,7 and 9 dollar bills but the devil is a liar and it will take God to open the blind teachings and take a look at the will of God.
even Paul thought he was doing God a favor by killing christian and was living in the will of God.
i did learn some things you said, that I was not taught and i can accept, and I found out that we both are sort of right.
look here .

But John shows you Ephesians 2:8,9. “It is not of works”, and says “Baptism would be a work. Baptism should come after you’re saved, but it doesn’t save you!”
Well, what should you believe? Who is right? Both are right, and both are wrong. Let’s look at the Scriptures and see why. The gospel starts with the ministry of John the Baptist. His message was, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Mat 3:2)! He preached “the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins” (Mark 1:3). What? He preached that a person had to be baptized to be saved? Yes! Let’s remember the proper procedures for good Bible study:
To whom was John the Baptist sent? It says in John 1:31 that John was sent to Israel: “I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.” Well, that’s pretty clear. John came to Israel to show that Jesus was the Messiah or Christ. It was at a time when God was only dealing with the Jews. The method of salvation was repent and be baptized for your sins. This was the message of the kingdom gospel. Luke 16:16 shows when the kingdom gospel started: “The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.”
Did Christ and the apostles preach the same gospel that John preached? Yes, for it says that they did in Matthew 10:5-10 and Mark 1:14,15. Now, notice the context. Baptism was linked with the message of the kingdom promised to David. This was the good news of the circumcision (Gal 2:7-9).
When John began his ministry there was only one baptism, water. Was it necessary for salvation? Yes. We even find Jesus saying to Nicodemus in John 3:5 that if a man wants to enter into the kingdom of God, he must be born of water and of the Spirit. This requirement of water baptism fits the context of John’s message. John began baptizing, and the apostles continued after the resurrection and the day of Pentecost. Christ commanded the Eleven in Mark 16:15-16, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” Peter insisted on the same requirement ten days later on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38. “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Here we see that water baptism was necessary before Holy Spirit baptism would take place. So, now for the first time, we have two baptisms. Water baptism is necessary for salvation. Then, Holy Spirit baptism takes place. From the context of verses 22 and 39 we see that this happened while God was still dealing with Israel. Peter was only speaking to Israel in 22, and he was referring to the promise made to Israel in 39.
Next, something very important happens. The Apostle Paul is saved. We will not go into the differences in Paul’s salvation, although it appears that Paul was saved under the same message Peter preached in Acts 2. Acts 22:16 says, “And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”
Since God had started a new dispensation with Paul (Gal 1:11-2:9; Eph 3:1-9), all kinds of different things began to happen.
1. Peter got a vision in Acts 10 which showed that Israel had been set aside. They were no longer God’s special people. This was shown by the vision given to Peter when the law of clean and unclean animals was set aside (Lev 20:24-26).
2. Peter was sent to a Gentile and told by the Holy Spirit to doubt nothing (Acts 10:20).
3. The most significant event happened when Peter went to the Gentiles. When they believed, the Holy Spirit interrupted Peter’s message before he could tell them to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins. In fact, the Holy Spirit fell on all the Gentiles while Peter was still preaching. The Jews who accompanied Peter were amazed. This, indeed, was a dispensational sign from God that something had changed.
What had changed? God had started a new program when He saved Paul. However, since God would only reveal the new message to the Apostle Paul, Peter was still preaching the same message he had always preached (Acts 10:34-43). Let’s review the situation at this point of our investigation.
1. At first there was only one baptism, John’s. It was necessary for salvation.
2. Then things started changing when Paul was saved.
3. The Holy Spirit fell on Gentiles before they were water baptized. Remember, water baptism was a sign to Jews to show Christ to them.
Sometime during his second missionary journey the Apostle Paul told the body of Christ about the baptisms which they knew of, in this manner: “I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius . . . . For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Co 1:14,17 Read in context.). From this we see that Paul was not under the great commission which was given to the circumcision apostles.
In the same epistle, he wrote, “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body; whether Jews or Greeks” (1 Co 12:13). So, water baptism had changed from being the only baptism, and necessary for salvation, to a ritual which had faded away.
Next, another very important incident happened. God finished showing Israel that they had been set aside. He had done this in a progressive manner which reached its conclusion in Acts 28:28. It started in Acts 13:46, continued in Acts 18:6, and was concluded in Acts 28:28.
After Israel had been shown that they had been set aside, Paul was inspired by God to write Ephesians. In Ephesians 4:3-6, Paul wrote about the unity of the Spirit. He was writing about God’s dealings with Christians today. He wrote, “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, two baptisms.” What? It doesn’t say two baptisms? It says there “is one baptism”? Yes, that’s right. Which one is it then? It must be Spirit baptism since the Holy Spirit is still sealing members into the body of Christ.
Well then, we can see that the gospel message started out with one baptism, water. This was necessary for salvation. It progressed to two: water first, then, Holy Spirit baptism. The water baptism was still necessary for salvation. Finally, in this dispensation, it returned to one, Holy Spirit, which is now necessary for salvation.

Now I see why this thread lasted so long because we both are wrong and right so welcome to the club let`s find the truth in context of the bible with one or two witnesses.

i am sorry about your child, and i pray God will blessyou with more childrens praise God.

peace

Last edited:

JustAChristian

C. Moore Needs Help!

C. Moore Needs Help!

Originally posted by c.moore
Just a chritian

you said :paul only spoke to two groups, the unsaved and the saved. This command applies to all who would follow Christ.

which one are we suppose to follow today??
one minute you say or point out follo w paul ,a dn then you quote follow Jesus christ.
Are you saying those who follow the command should follow Christ?

peace

C. Moore, I gave you a verse of scripture which is plain and simple. Why don't you go back and read it - 1 Cor. 11:1, and tell us (everyone here on TheologyOnline.com) what it means?

Just AChristian
:thumb:

Kevin

C.Moore,

hello Kevin

i am sorry about your child, and i pray God will blessyou with more childrens praise God.

I'm confused. Did you intend that post to be directed at me, or was it meant for someone else? Nothing is wrong with either of my step children... they're doing fine.

c.moore

Originally posted by Kevin
C.Moore,

I'm confused. Did you intend that post to be directed at me, or was it meant for someone else? Nothing is wrong with either of my step children... they're doing fine.

isn`t karri or carri your wife ????

peace

c.moore

Re: C. Moore Needs Help!

Re: C. Moore Needs Help!

Originally posted by JustAChristian

C. Moore, I gave you a verse of scripture which is plain and simple. Why don't you go back and read it - 1 Cor. 11:1, and tell us (everyone here on TheologyOnline.com) what it means?

Just AChristian
:thumb:

do you have al least another scripture that goes to that verse, in the mouth of two or three witnesses????:confused:

Kevin

I'm still confused...

I'm still confused...

C.Moore,

isn`t karri or carri your wife

Yes, Carri is my wife. What do you mean by "i am sorry about your child, and i pray God will blessyou with more childrens praise God" :confused:

c.moore

Re: I'm still confused...

Re: I'm still confused...

C.Moore,

Yes, Carri is my wife. What do you mean by "i am sorry about your child, and i pray God will blessyou with more childrens praise God" :confused:

Sorry i just checked out the post again and found out this.
Xmansmommy
Subscriber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online status:

Dear sister Karri,
As I read your post I am blessed to see a sister who is serious about trusting God and studying His word. I am also saddened to hear of your tragedy as well as that of your friend. I do understand sister, how difficult it is to miscarry a child. But I thank God that you know that He is still there through it all. I had no comfort during that time in my life. Had I had God in my life, I have no doubt that the hurt would have been more bearable. Just the same, your hurt is real and I wanted you to know that others know that pain you are suffering. While I may not know exactly what to say to encourage you during this time, I will keep you in prayer that you will have the peace of God that passeth all understanding. Your friend as well. God Bless you and your friend.

Grace and Peace,
Linda

this is Karri not your wife my big error.:eek: :doh:

peace

c.moore

C.Moore,

Not a problem. :) :up:

I repent ,when I`m wrong but when I know I`m right there is no chance, and change.

When somebody believes and try to teach be a off the wall doctrine or theory, i can´t believe it .
it´s like somebody telling me when A cow eats green grass , he produce green milk, and even thought it sound good, the facts is the cow produce white milk , and it the same wih this the water baptism.
the facts is salvation is throght Jesus only, and His blood, and relationship.
But if you believe water must be included to be saved, then i fell a person just as well believe a cow has green milk.

get my point, and it make no sence to speak to people that believe this.:nono:

But I still love the people anyways,

peace

Last edited:

Explosived

Bubtized?

Bubtized?

The Bible tells us of several different baptisms. However, most confusion results when people fail to distinguish between "spirit" baptism and "water" baptism.

The Bible clearly teaches "one" spiritual baptism which places believers in the "body of Christ," which brings about the supernatural transaction described in the Bible as the "new birth". (1 Cor. 12:13; Jn. 3:1-7; Gal. 3:27,28) Every born again child of God has experienced the "spirit " baptism.

"Water baptism" is a picture of what took place when the believer placed his faith and trust in the sacrificial death, physical burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:3-5). Believers partake in "water baptism" as a public testimony to the fact that they have received God's gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ (Jn. 1:12; Rom. 6:23).

c.moore

Re: Bubtized?

Re: Bubtized?

Originally posted by Explosived
The Bible tells us of several different baptisms. However, most confusion results when people fail to distinguish between "spirit" baptism and "water" baptism.

The Bible clearly teaches "one" spiritual baptism which places believers in the "body of Christ," which brings about the supernatural transaction described in the Bible as the "new birth". (1 Cor. 12:13; Jn. 3:1-7; Gal. 3:27,28) Every born again child of God has experienced the "spirit " baptism.

"Water baptism" is a picture of what took place when the believer placed his faith and trust in the sacrificial death, physical burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:3-5). Believers partake in "water baptism" as a public testimony to the fact that they have received God's gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ (Jn. 1:12; Rom. 6:23).

Good teaching explosived :up: :thumb: :)

i hope these scuba diving people get also the picture of communion and don´t take it literally like the Catholics doctrine, and gospel.

JustAChristian

Another Study On Baptism.

Another Study On Baptism.

It is arresting that you should say, and I quote, "The ceremony of baptism in itself does not save us..." when Peter, the Apostle said, and I quote, "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" (1 Pet 3:21).

You said that in baptism we "pledge to God our lives." The problem with that statement is that the bible does not say that. It says that baptism is the "answer of a good conscience before God". That is to say that in baptism, a person is appealing to God for a cleansed conscience and the answer comes from heaven cleansing the person of past sins. This is stated in Hebrews 9:14 "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT BAPTISM

Baptism is the point at which a person is united with Christ into His death and resurrection into "newness of life" (Rom 6:3)
There is only ONE recognized baptism. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," (Eph 4:5)

There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism. The baptism recognized is the one instituted by Christ himself, which He said was in order to "fulfill ALL righteousness" (Mt 3:15).

Even though Jesus was not baptized for the remission of sins, His baptism is the pattern for the baptism that is now recognized by God; one in which God becomes well-pleased in the one being baptized(Mt 3:17), one in which the Holy Spirit is received(Mt 3:16), one in which in its very form depicts the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus(Mt 3:16: "come UP straight way out of the WATER)--our baptism is validated by the events surrounding Christ's baptism.

Baptism is the point at which a person is IN CHRIST. We are joined to the Lord at this time. "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have PUT ON Christ." (Gal 3:27)

The apostle Peter ordered for converts in Cornelius' household to be baptized. "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:47-48)

The apostle Paul commended the believers at Rome for their baptism "But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that FORM of doctrine which was delivered you."(Rom 6:17)

At Pentecost, in the midst of Peter's sermon, the adherents to his message were pricked in their hearts and asked Peter, "What shall we do?"--moved to repentance. "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

Baptism is not a "good work", meaning that in baptism I am trying to earn my salvation. Baptism is the response of faith. Faith ALWAYS obeys--the "obedience OF FAITH" (Rom 16:26). In Mt 28:18ff, Jesus called for the baptism of all believers, and every TRUE believer seeks to do what pleases Jesus. Baptism is the working of faith in submissive response to the command of Jesus.
Some may say, if baptism saves us, then what about the theif on the cross? This is a special acception. Believe me, if that thief could have come down from that cross to be baptized, he would have done so! Doctrines that shape our consideration of baptism can not be shaped around this single incident. If this was a pattern for sound theology than we might as well start teaching that every person who lies will die instantly, as Ananias and Sapphira did.

When explaining good works, you said "but those who are saved but do no good works, still get in but have no special credit."
There is not a single passage of scripture to butress this ascertion. In fact the bible says, concerning those who are interested in eternal life, "To them who BY PATIENT CONTINUANCE IN WELL DOING seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:"(Rom 2:7), and again, "For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. {9} And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF WE FAINT NOT." (Gal 6:8-9), and again, "And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they BE NOT UNFRUITFUL." (Titus 3:14), and again, "Every branch in me that BEARETH NOT FRUIT He(God, the Father) taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." (John 15:2) People that "do no good works" as you put it, do not have a shred of evidence of being connected to Christ and the eternal purpose of God, for Eph 2:10 says "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." "Good works" in this sense sre not works that earn salvation, but actions that are EVIDENCE of the working of salvation in a believer's life!--an important truth to see indeed!!

JustAChristian :angel:

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism. The baptism recognized is the one instituted by Christ himself, which He said was in order to "fulfill ALL righteousness" (Mt 3:15).

For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost (Spirit) not many days hence. Acts 1:5

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13

c.moore

I think the water dried up here When the Holy Spirit entered into us, and we can drink into one spirit that never goes dry praise God.

Praise God for you Hopeof Glory!

peace

JustAChristian

We now have "HopeOfGlory" responding..

We now have "HopeOfGlory" responding..

Originally posted by HopeofGlory

For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost (Spirit) not many days hence. Acts 1:5

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13

But as you see, he is not responding to my question on Ephesians 2:8 concerning "through faith" although I have sent him two reminders to respond. Non-the-less, I will continue to assist him in his quest for the truth. With respect to Acts 1:5, Jesus is speaking to the apostles and not to unbelievers or those who feel they will receive Holy Spirit baptism inthe 21st century. You always need to consider the subjects of the conversation and the context of the subject matter every time you interpret the bible. Statements spoken to some may not be applicable to others. This is one of those cases.

With respect to 1 Cor. 12:13 the Holy Spirit is the agent of God baptizing subjects into the body of Christ. There is no "overwhelming" of the Spirit like that on Pentecost or at the household of Cornelius, but merely the action of the Spirit responding in service to God my placing the saved into the body. So, this is not a proof text for HolySpirit baptism. You have been shown this countless times. Why don't you accept it or refute it instead referencing it out of context?

JustAChristian
:angel:

JustAChristian

Why Are We Compelled To "Be Born" Again?

Why Are We Compelled To "Be Born" Again?

Since Jesus says we must be born again, then there must be something wrong with our first birth. The thing wrong with the “first birth” is that “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “As it is written, ‘There is none righteous, no not one’” (Rom. 3:10). “And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s Book of life” (Rev 21:27). He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father and before His angels (Rev 3:5).

Nicodemus needed to be reborn because his physical life was not sufficient to gain heaven’s domain. Like everyone who lives on the earth, he was commanded to be born of the water and the Spirit. Without this one cannot enter heaven. This is done when one “...obey (s) from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you” (Rom. 6:17). What is the form of doctrine which was delivered you? It is the gospel. This is all that the apostles delivered unto salvation (Rom 1:16). Therefore to obey the gospel is to be born again (Hebrews 5:8-9). Jesus told the apostles “Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel (the good news of God’s salvation, justification and glorification (grace) to every creature; he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned” (Mark 16:15-16).

David was born into a world riddled with sin. No one is born a sinner as the Calvinist and Catholics teach, because the Bible plainly teaches that “...the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth” - not infancy (Gen 8:21). Man is not born evil but digresses at an early age. The Catholics tried to dodge this issue by teaching the unscriptural doctrine of the immaculate conception of Christ. They taught that Mary was born “immaculate” meaning that she did not inherit sin so Jesus would not be born with sin. But this is a “wresting of the scriptures to their own destruction” (2 Peter 3:16).

Why didn't David recognize his need to be born again? It was because this concept was never preached by any prophet before Jesus (John 1:17). Those under the preaching of the OLD Testament prophets and the law were to be in obedient to the law. This did not save them, but their righteousness is observed in their faith (see Hebrews 11 for the family of faith), and the blood of Christ covers them (Heb. 9:15). Jesus requires a new nature called “the new birth” under the NEW Testament. “Whosoever will can partake of the waters of life”, not just a predetermined number that is numbered by God. God gives man free will and he must exercise it in obedience of faith (Rom 1:5).

Holy Spirit baptism was not possible to bury the old man of sin. We are to bury the old man of sin. The old man of sin is buried in water baptism Since baptism by immersion is essential to the burial of the old man of sin. And since the old man of sin cannot enter into heaven, therefore, it is essential that one be baptized in water in order to enter heaven. If not, why not? “He that beleveth” excludes babies. Babies are “safe” until they know that they have sinned. It is essential to repent, but the concept of repentance comes at an age of understanding.

JustAChristian