Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

God's Truth

Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:
Paul preached against another gospel.
"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).​

That is about one gospel to two different kinds of people.

They had the same gospel and FELLOWSHIP.
So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

In fact, the good news (gospel) which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment they believed it (Jn.5:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The good news or gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles he called "the preaching of the Cross," a gospel which is centered on the fact that He died for our sins. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment when they believed it (1 Cor.15:1-3).

John the baptizer preached that!

God's Truth

Show us where the Lord Jesus Christ, the 12, prior to the death, burial, resurrection, ever preached/taught:

"I/Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved."
Chapter, verse.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV gospel/good news

You cannot-it was hid from the 12.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said he told them while he was still with them. He said he told them THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

john w

Hall of Fame
Even the Samaritan woman by the well knew that Jesus is the Savior of the world.

Even the people in the village of the woman at the well knew that Jesus is the Savior of the world.

42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

Peter attempted to prevent the Masters death-twice. The 12 had no idea the He would die, much less be raised. After the resurrection, they initially did not believe it. And yet you claim that the 12 preached:

"Good news!!!!Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved!!"

You claim Judas preached this.

You lied.

God's Truth

Peter attempted to prevent the Masters death-twice. The 12 had no idea the He would die, much less be raised. After the resurrection, they initially did not believe it. And yet you claim that the 12 preached:

"Good news!!!!Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved!!"

You lied.

Do you know what a sacrificial lamb is?

john w

Hall of Fame
Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said he told them while he was still with them. He said he told them THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Nope. You argued:

"It is the same gospel Jesus taught."-you

If it is, show us where he/the 12 taught, prior to its occurence:

"I/Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved."

Chapter, verse.

You cannot. It was hid from them.

You lied, when you argued that this should not be part of the bible:

Luke 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 and they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you know what a sacrificial lamb is?

You lied.

God's Truth

John W., I have given you the scripture many times now that says JESUS told his Apostles while he was still alive that he would suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

john w

Hall of Fame
John W., I have given you the scripture many times now that says JESUS told his Apostles while he was still alive that he would suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

It was hid from them.

Luke 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 and they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

john w

Hall of Fame

No, you gave scripture where the Lord says that his dbr fulfilled scripture-it says NADA that the 12, or anyone else, knew about it. They did not. It was hid from them.

You lied.

You argued:

Chapter, verse.

Gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV=

Death
Burial
Resurrection

You would have produced it by now, as I've been asking you for over 6 months.

Luke 18 KJV

God's Truth

John W.,

What don't you get that Jesus forgave sin EVEN BEFORE he died?

What don't you get about that?

Jesus is the promised good news.

We have forgiveness through Jesus.

You are badly mistaken.

Cruciform

According to heir, Peter's epistle to the Galatians is a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians. But, Paul tells the Galatians if anyone preaches a different gospel HE preached to them, that they are to be accursed.
Actually, Paul uses the word "we"---that is, "we" apostles. Thus, "the Gospel" is exactly the same for all of the apostles---including Peter.

Case closed.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W.,

What don't you get that Jesus forgave sin EVEN BEFORE he died?

What don't you get about that?

Jesus is the promised good news.

We have forgiveness through Jesus.

You are badly mistaken.

I've reduced the silly goose to rabbit trails, as she won't give the chapter, verse. I stay on topic, which is your "argument:"

Chapter, verse.

Gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV=

Death
Burial
Resurrection

You would have produced it by now, as I've been asking you for over 6 months.

Luke 18 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus said he told them while he was still with them.

Nope. You just lied, when you say that this verse should not be in the bible:

Luke 18 KJV

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

why don't you GT ?

Luke 18:31 KJV - Luke 18:32 KJV - Luke 18:33 KJV -

Luke 18:34 KJV -

john w

Hall of Fame
One more time, PJ, to prevent the Silly Goose from conning the babes/sheep, and then devouring them, like the wolf/witch pulled, in "Hansel & Gretel:"

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "gospel"

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Survey the book...

1.The 12 did not know of the impending dbr-it was hid from them, until later in the Lord's ministry-and yet, prior to them knowing, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom:"

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

2. Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, and His death was a key component of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, by which we are reconciled:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21-22 KJV

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31-32 KJV

3. Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, the 12 initially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

Therefore, they were not preaching the dbr, "the gospel" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as a basis of justification, at least prior to its occurrence, but they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom. Therefore, they are not the same "the" gospels, "good news." This "argument" that there is just one "the gospel," just one piece of good news, self-destructs, "commits suicide". There is plenty of "good news"(and bad news) in the book-the context tells us what "good news"/gospel is in view.

God's Truth

Nope. You just lied, when you say that this verse should not be in the bible:

Stop lying about what I say.

Luke 18 KJV

Just because they did not understand yet and it was hid from them does not mean they were taught a different gospel.

The good news and gospel was that Jesus is the Messiah and salvation through the forgiveness of sin.

Mark 1:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand. Paul's letters make it absolutely clear that he and the members of the Jerusalem church (Peter, Jesus' brother James and many other original followers) had some serious conflicts over table fellowship practice and admittance of Gentiles into the new faith.

We have to realize Paul's testimony is self-serving. He realizes he is not one of the actual apostles but has to make sure he is included in that number nevertheless. There is a lot of defensiveness in his letters about the dispute with Peter and the other apostles.