Why men won't marry you

quip

BANNED
Banned
Jesus dying to forgive you for your sins should be the reason to become a Christian. (being able to admit you are a sinner in need of salvation).

You mean admitting that I'm a flawed human being? The corporeal universe has no problem constantly reminding me of my shortcomings! :eek:

republicanchick

So you just wanted men back in the day when you felt more like a woman? Why can't you get along with men?
b/c they are "men"

have to have everything their way (My way or the highway)

most of the ones I have known are abusive some way or another
Are you a misandrist or just a general misanthrope?
the latter
You mean that thing you don't want to do anymore?
nope
Like us women are *never* slobs....

It was just an example. I am a slob myself, but try not to be one spiritually or mentally.. seems a lot of the "men" I have known are not thusly inclined..

republicanchick

So you are looking for a husband to abuse?... sounds like it.

This link tells the story of my first marriage... she eventually caused me to shut down.

[/[/url]

I'd be more than happy to answer this post

if only I knew what the heck it means

but considering its author.. I doubt said author knows either

+

HisServant

I'd be more than happy to answer this post

if only I knew what the heck it means

but considering its author.. I doubt said author knows either

+

Its about what is important in marriage... what you want is no more important than your spouses... and if you continue to force your spouse to do things the way you want and criticize them all the time... the problem is yours not theirs. You are not your spouses parents and you should not act that way.

Which is the reason why my marriage works so well these days... we both understand that each others ambitions and opinions are not more important than our own.

So in your case, you have such a bad view of marriage simple because you don't see men conforming to the image of what you want them to be.... which is why you should never get married.. all you will do is end up driving them away and divorced.

republicanchick

Its about what is important in marriage... what you want is no more important than your spouses... and if you continue to force your spouse to do things the way you want and criticize them all the time... the problem is yours not theirs. You are not your spouses parents and you should not act that way.

Which is the reason why my marriage works so well these days... we both understand that each others ambitions and opinions are not more important than our own.

So in your case, you have such a bad view of marriage simple because you don't see men conforming to the image of what you want them to be.... which is why you should never get married.. all you will do is end up driving them away and divorced.

wrong again, Mr Presumption

you have not walked ONE foot in my shoes so quit being (one of the most odius of all attributes)_ presumptuous

the men i have known have been... (cutting to the chase here)

EVIL

Does that simplify things enough 4 you?

HisServant

you have not walked ONE foot in my shoes so quit being (one of the most odius of all attributes)_ presumptuous

EVIL

I'm not presumptuous at all... your attitude is plain as can be.

It's going to be interesting seeing God judge you by the same yardstick someday... I bet the Men think you are EVIL also.

republicanchick

I'm not presumptuous at all... your attitude is plain as can be.

It's going to be interesting seeing God judge you by the same yardstick someday... I bet the Men think you are EVIL also.

you are very dense..

and/or evil

no, wait, I KNOW you are evil.. b/c you refuse to listen to people, even knowing that said people know more about their own lives than you do... That is deliberately dishonest. All liars go to Hell, ya know...

says that in the Bible

but also, logic dictates that those who defy God's laws... ("Thou shalt not bear false witness) do not go to be with Him in the End

Heaven is (as Revelation tells us, but logic as well) where

"no impure thing will enter"

(anything with the least stain of sin or the consequences of sin will NOT be there.. )

no wonder JEsus said Few find the Narrow Way

+++

HisServant

you are very dense..

and/or evil

no, wait, I KNOW you are evil.. b/c you refuse to listen to people, even knowing that said people know more about their own lives than you do... That is deliberately dishonest. All liars go to Hell, ya know...

says that in the Bible

but also, logic dictates that those who defy God's laws... ("Thou shalt not bear false witness) do not go to be with Him in the End

Heaven is (as Revelation tells us, but logic as well) is where

"no impure thing will enter"

(anything with the least stain of sin or the consequences of sin will NOT be there.. )

no wonder JEsus said Few find the Narrow Way

+++

you keep posting... but you should occasionally look in the mirror.

Do you honestly think you are pure?... or purer than those men?

The honest answer is NO.

TrakeM

EVIL

What did they do/say that was evil?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nor have *you* walked a mile in the shoes of others ...

EVIL

Every man you have known has been evil? I find that highly unlikely and will even state that I don't believe you.

There are many good men in the world ... perhaps your attitude and perception are the issue.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[Why men won't marry you by Suzanne Venker] "Where have all the husbands gone?

That’s a question Peter Lloyd tackles in a series in London’s Daily Mail about Britain’s marriage rate, which is at its lowest level since 1895. “The state of matrimony is not just ailing. It is dying out faster than a mobile phone battery,” Lloyd writes. “For an army of women, Mr. Right is simply not there, no matter how hard they look for him.”

Things are no better this side of the Atlantic. According to Pew Research Center, the share of American adults who’ve never been married is at an historic high—and men are more likely than women to have never made it down the aisle (23% vs. 17% in 2012).

There was a time when wives respected their husbands. There was a time when wives took care of their husbands as they expected their husbands to take care of them.

What gives? Why are men here and abroad avoiding the altar in spades?

1. Because they can: Men used to marry to have sex and a family. They married for love, too, but they had to marry the girl before taking her to bed, or at least work really, really hard to wear her down. Those days are gone.

When more women make themselves sexually available, the pool of marriageable men diminishes. “In a world where women do not say no, the man is never forced to settle down and make serious choices,” writes George Gilder, author of "Men and Marriage."

Scoff if you wish. Call me a fuddy-duddy. But how’s that new plan working out?

2. Because there’s nothing in it for them: What exactly does marriage offer men today? “Men know there’s a good chance they’ll lose their friends, their respect, their space, their sex life, their money and — if it all goes wrong — their family,” says Helen Smith, Ph.D., author of "Men on Strike." “They don’t want to enter into a legal contract with someone who could effectively take half their savings, pension and property when the honeymoon period is over.Men aren’t wimping out by staying unmarried or being commitment phobes. They’re being smart.”

Unlike women, men lose all power after they say “I do.” Their masculinity dies, too.

What’s left of it, that is. In the span of just a few decades, America has demoted men from respected providers and protectors of the family to superfluous buffoons. Today’s sitcoms and commercials routinely paint a portrait of the idiot husband whose wife is smarter and more capable than he.

There was a time when wives respected their husbands. There was a time when wives took care of their husbands as they expected their husbands to take care of them.

Or perhaps therein lies the rub. If women no longer expect or even want men to “take care of” them — since women can do everything men can do and better, thank you very much, feminism — perhaps the flipside is the assumption that women don’t need to take care of husbands, either. And if no one’s taking care of anyone, why the hell marry?

For women, the reason is obvious: kids. Eventually most women decide they want children, no matter how long they put it off to focus on their careers. So they often nab the best guy they can find, usually the one with whom they’re currently sleeping, and convince him to get married.

If the man refuses, we call him, as Smith notes, a “commitment phobe.” But is that fair? Perhaps these men know all too well that women initiate the vast majority of divorces — anywhere from 65-90 percent, depending on demographics. And when they do, they take the kids with them and hang hubby out to dry with the help of a court system that’s heavily stacked in their favor. In the past, Mom got the kids because she was home with them doing the thankless, unpaid, mountainous work associated with that role. Today, neither parent is home, so there’s no reason the default custodial parent should be Mom.

So remind me, why would a man marry today?

No, really. What’s in it for him?" Article Heb 13:4
I guess my other posts got lost in the recent DB event.

Anyhow, this article is spot on. The chances of a good marriage are not good enough to risk it. Men are wise to avoid marriage in the US.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I guess my other posts got lost in the recent DB event.

Anyhow, this article is spot on. The chances of a good marriage are not good enough to risk it. Men are wise to avoid marriage in the US.

animated-smileys-housekeeping-153.gif

gaah.gif
Some of your comments may be preserved here.

Neither men nor women are protected in our culture (Heb 13:4, Mt 24:37).

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Neither men nor women are protected in our culture (Heb 13:4, Mt 24:37).
From God? Well, that's true. But that has little to do with the wisdom of avoiding marriage.

The point is that men are being called "adolescents" by our culture when the decision to not get married is mature and rational.