Why men won't marry you

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You were clearly implying that if it wasn't my husband posting I was being a butch woman to use that term in my rebuttal. Do you not agree?

Is English your first language? Where on earth did you pull that one from?

1PeaceMaker

You are missing a little common sense, if i am thinking the person was your husband posting, how am i also calling YOU butch?

You are messed up.

You "just questioned it," remember? So you were just theorizing that if I wasn't my husband, I would have to be pretty butch, right? Or else you were lying when you said you were just "questioning" it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The issue isn't whether the spouse is innocent. If God is doing the leading, there will be no being misled.
That's what David's wife probably thought. But then David allowed himself to be led by another.

Is it our fault if we don't let God lead us into marriage? If we take our own path, even if we aren't the "bad guy" we still took a wrong turn in choosing a mate, and the blame of making a mistake - innocent though the mistake may be - falls on the chooser.
But the wife of David may have trusted God as much as you ever will. It wasn't God who failed her, but David. David who in his imperfection he made a willful, wrong choice. It happens these days too.

So you believe in getting your heart broken before marriage? You think that builds maturity? I think it builds baggage.
It can, but needn't. It depends on the context. I learned a great deal about myself and assumptions I'd made about my own internal narrative from suffering emotional disappointments...and joys too.

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness" Tim 2:22
And Paul said it was better to not marry.

As someone with a faulty cortex, I find your comments to be uninformed.
Then all I'll suggest is that you educate yourself on the studies and research that has been done about judgment centers and impact and wish you well.

Besides, if you were right we would be missing that part of the Bible that says good judgment comes from the prefrontal cortex at a certain age.
God also doesn't mention the specific biological process that produces bone and muscle growth.

But instead God says he gives good judgment to those who seek Him.
I think within the Christian context that's right. A context free of God isn't sound. And he also gives us parents who should train and guard us before we're ready to make those serious decisions.

I question the scientific soundness of your belief source at this point. Maybe we could take a more in depth look?
I invite you to study the available literature on judgment and the prefrontal.

It is reasonable to postulate that younger people would be more foolish for lack of experience, but also, since finances are linked, are you saying that those who divorce over finances are revealing a lack of prefrontal development, which explains their poverty, too?
I'm saying what I have from the start, that before your mid twenties you're dramatically more likely to find divorce as the end of a marriage and that, not coincidentally, it is at that point that the prefrontal cortex, important in making sound judgments and impulse control, becomes the center of our processing. Before that we do a lot of deciding in an area of the brain less suited for it and more prone to mistake.

That's the story, actually. The breaking point for me was when I had no one to travel out of country with me on mission trips, even though I had a sponsor.
Then it would help you to be consistent with your narrative, because you related that you were miserable and even physically affected by loneliness and then you prayed, for three years, for God to send you a husband.

Will I be turning stones into bread at the same time? Seriously, bad idea, you.
Somehow I knew that would be your answer...but it wouldn't be tempting God. It would be evidencing the correctness of your assertion and edifying my faith. Satan wanted to make Christ do his bidding. God rebuked him. Very different.

No, actually that's not what the Bible says about it. The Bible pegs maturity at sexual development combined with putting away childish things/thinking/acting. And in nature you won't find an animal sexually mature learning to "walk on it" before getting pregnant.
I disagree with you. To agree with you is contrary to good science and God's design. Twelve year olds have no business marrying, even though puberty has changed them into the beginnings of men and women. Maturity isn't biology, it's the effect of biology and experience. I think you misapprehend.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well i guess all this together should clear things up.

Lets check on that - complete context (since you have a hard time keeping up with what is said and lie so much:

That quote is about extremely exceptional young adults and does nothing to help you support your idea that I'm a misogynist.

:think: weird thing for a chick to say there... who are you again posting under that name?

As I recall, I already quoted to you Rusha's weird post accusing me of putting men first, women and girls as an afterthought.

What should be weird to you is that she did that.

You do put men first (easily proven since you actually tried to get your hubby to try polygamy for example according to him) , that by far doesnt make a female a misogynist, and usually only men, or very butch women accuse others of thinking they are a misogynist...

Ill bet that was hubby using your name wasnt it...

Quote. I know you can't, because no such thing would have been said. Unreal.

Ouch. Read it and weep. Better talk to your husband quick since he said it just as i said, that IS your husband isnt it?

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage. However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

Hmm, looks to me like i didnt lie about anything, you did, and just did it again when you falsely accused me here. I didnt state he did it, i asked if he did, and said it looks like he does, learn how to read.

Age of the post has nothing to do with whether he said what i claimed he said, now does it. And hello out there, he said plainly you suggested it for your marriage, and if thats not trying to get him to try it, nothing is.

Do you really think people are stupid, your best bet would have been not to deny it, like you both try to deny what you both say all the time.

:juggle:

All irrelevant to what was said, you denied it -said it never happened- said i couldnt quote it, when it did happen and happened just like i said and i proved it - and now you just lie again and try to trash me.

If you aren't woman enough to apologize, no one can force you, it just makes you look worse.

PS - you also know that i questioned it, not stated it as fact as your own post shows you understood the difference yourself, and just lied when you claimed i lied - your own words showing you clearly understood what i was saying and then tried to lie about it anyway -

Oops. Looks like you did.

FYI It's you, A4T, who is doing the trashing. (with Rusha encouraging you)

yes my opinion, what i see, do you know what that means? Combined with me saying i question it and your own words, that said i questioned it meaning you understood it perfectly, and just acted like you didnt because you look bad now.

I question that all your 1pm posts, are only a female calling herself 1pm. I believe that some of them are written by a man calling himself elohiym/doormat.

Thats been explained, hard of understanding, or just desperate?

What you said now is inconsistent with this statement:

"I do see" is not the same as "I question" so who's caught in her lies?

Wow, i guess posting your words and your husbands words after you demand a quote, is trashing you.

I agree, your husband was trashing you in the quote, and see how you could accuse me of posting trash that way...

Is that what you mean?

You can continue to look like a desperate fool as long you like. :)

It wouldn't have to do with you calling me weird or butch woman or a ton of other nice things you like to say to me.

That post was from 9 years ago and he was right, it was a dismal failure because I was being picked on over AS traits and my husband and I were still trying to come to terms with what I would do about the AS, socially speaking.

Maybe a neurotypical girl like you would be offended but it didn't wound my pride at all. I stand by him and his words.

I didn't call you weird, or butch, do you have reading comprehension issues or are you just a habitual liar? Read it all again, till you understand it:

:rotfl:

You were clearly implying that if it wasn't my husband posting I was being a butch woman to use that term in my rebuttal. Do you not agree?

No, i don't agree at all. And neither would anyone else who can read and english is their first language and they werent desperate.

Girl, what's your problem with being called neurotypical, what's so funny about that?

Youre whats funny. Do you honestly think your load of bull can offend me?

It's hard to get away from the plain meaning of these words:

Obviously since we know it's me, you are accusing me of being butch. When he posts, he posts as elohiym and only one other user name has ever been used (doormat), and at that, without deception regarding his ties to the user elohiym.

Think what you want. Everyone can read what i said. Everyone can read you lie your tail off too.

My theory of mind may be lacking, but your words are pretty plain. Maybe some other neurotypical can see what you are thinking better, but on the surface of your words there's nothing there that you hope for me to see that looks anything like that.

It was either/or.

Reasonable people see that elo is using elo right now. He has a wife (wow) so she posts, too. Duh. So she must be super butch, according to A4T, if she talks the way she does.

Which is just stupid for you to try wiggling out of now. But we can agree to disagree.

You are missing a little common sense, if i am thinking the person was your husband posting, how am i also calling YOU butch?

You are messed up.

You "just questioned it," remember? So you were just theorizing that if I wasn't my husband, I would have to be pretty butch, right? Or else you were lying when you said you were just "questioning" it.

Get some help, seriously.

1PeaceMaker

Then it would help you to be consistent with your narrative, because you related that you were miserable and even physically affected by loneliness and then you prayed, for three years, for God to send you a husband.

Actually, you made an error to assume the loneliness preceded prayer. Prayer actually preceded the loneliness. And during those three years I had no idea if Christ would return suddenly or what. I wasn't set on anything but wanting to be ready and knowing I'd want my spouse ready too. During that last year I was more alone than ever.
Somehow I knew that would be your answer...but it wouldn't be tempting God. It would be evidencing the correctness of your assertion and edifying my faith. Satan wanted to make Christ do his bidding. God rebuked him. Very different.

Your idea was a test to see if I could hear God, correct? That's like saying "if you are a child of God, do this" not "have faith because you are a child of God." Obedience means we don't test God or play games to get more faith. I only asked for needed miracles because I believed I would receive.

I'm not asking based on doubt there will be an answer, that's not even faith based.

I disagree with you. To agree with you is contrary to good science and God's design. Twelve year olds have no business marrying, even though puberty has changed them into the beginnings of men and women. Maturity isn't biology, it's the effect of biology and experience. I think you misapprehend.

The beginnings of puberty are not the completion of puberty. The completion of puberty is the beginning of adulthood. IF childish things were also put away.

1PeaceMaker

Well i guess all this together should clear things up.

Let's see. What's clear from your post #994 is that you tried to get out of a lie.

Me: "you just actually lied that my husband posts as me"

You: "looks to me like i didnt lie about anything...."

So there's that post....

Quoting you: but i do see he posts under 1pms name to fix her "dismal failures".

Quoting you again: "usually only men, or very butch women accuse others of thinking they are a misogynist..."

Then you post me rebutting you which makes no sense without my quotations.

Then you paint yourself into a corner:

You: if i am thinking the person was your husband posting, how am i also calling YOU butch?

So you are saying/implying that factually speaking I'm too butch sounding to be anyone but him. So much for questioning it! You are trying to finger as proof what you claim is my lack of femininity in posting style.

Or you are really calling me butch.

Which is it; did you lie about not asserting it's my husband posting or lie about not calling me butch?

If anyone wonders how you came to make those wild claims they can just reread the thread rather than wading into your loooong thread spam.

1PeaceMaker

TH, whenever you want, we can just revive the portions of our conversation that contain the more interesting unfinished bits. I have questions remaining for you, too. Maybe even another thread would be in order!

:e4e:

1PM

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Let's see. What's clear from your post #994 is that you tried to get out of a lie.

Me: "you just actually lied that my husband posts as me"

You: "looks to me like i didnt lie about anything...."

So there's that post....

Quoting you: but i do see he posts under 1pms name to fix her "dismal failures".

Quoting you again: "usually only men, or very butch women accuse others of thinking they are a misogynist..."

Then you post me rebutting you which makes no sense without my quotations.

Then you paint yourself into a corner:

You: if i am thinking the person was your husband posting, how am i also calling YOU butch?

So you are saying/implying that factually speaking I'm too butch sounding to be anyone but him. So much for questioning it! You are trying to finger as proof what you claim is my lack of femininity in posting style.

Or you are really calling me butch.

Which is it; did you lie about not asserting it's my husband posting or lie about not calling me butch?

If anyone wonders how you came to make those wild claims they can just reread the thread rather than wading into your loooong thread spam.
Expect more doublespeak. The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing. I'm the only one here who speaks out against the brutality you and your husband face here daily and I get banned for it. This speaks of.explicit approval. I don't know what happened to everyone else. Are they unaware? For those who are aware and silent....shame. Unless you are fearful of becoming an outcast as well and receiving your share of abuse???

This is why I decided to come out of lurking. This decent couple deserves better than this. GFR7 is the only other one to face abuse regularly. There have been a few others and its always the same reason...They dared challenge one of the two untouchables.

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

It's way more fun to let them throw a fit and then put them in their place by way of demonstrated reason. I think that's why they are left here. It would be kinder to the bullies to reign them in, but that's not nearly as entertaining as letting them flame out publicly.

Are you rethinking the concept of evil? :p

1PeaceMaker

God's gonna take care of the unruly. TOL will be His instrument if He sees fit to move a moderator to that end. I just hope that people remember that, even if it seems like bullies are getting a free pass. Bullies never get a free pass.

bybee

God's gonna take care of the unruly. TOL will be His instrument if He sees fit to move a moderator to that end. I just hope that people remember that, even if it seems like bullies are getting a free pass. Bullies never get a free pass.

It is always helpful to look in the mirror....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually, you made an error to assume the loneliness preceded prayer. Prayer actually preceded the loneliness.
I don't think that was set out clearly and it is a bit confusing. You weren't lonely before you started praying? After your classmates response, etc.?

Your idea was a test to see if I could hear God, correct?
No, it was a test to see if your hearing was consistent. It isn't that I don't believe God can and often will move things about for our betterment, but I think the notion you have about that seventy percent is a dangerous assumption, which is why I played the "even one" card. I'm not sure God would put you in a position where that's your conclusion...and I don't think He could guarantee a perfect mate, because no one is and no one beyond God will fail to fail us.

Obedience means we don't test God
So it's okay to ask for a husband, but not for discernment of honesty?

The beginnings of puberty are not the completion of puberty.
Then you're just talking about growing, not reproduction. A girl could finish with puberty as early as twelve, though on average it's about sixteen.

The completion of puberty is the beginning of adulthood. IF childish things were also put away.
Sorry, but that's way too early. A girl could enter puberty at ten and be done with puberty by twelve. Guys will take longer and often don't stop growing until they're twenty or twenty one.

I think this thread has run its course for me and gotten well away from my intention in entering it, which was only to note that people really aren't in a good position to enter into marriage until their mid twenties, a fact underscored by a dramatic failure rate prior. The why of it appears to line up pretty convincingly with the development of the prefrontal cortex and it's established role in judgement.

Some of the rest of the conversation took on a life of its own and might make for a better separate thread, one on miracles and God's interaction with the faithful. I think it could be a productive conversation at some point.

:e4e:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
It's way more fun to let them throw a fit and then put them in their place by way of demonstrated reason. I think that's why they are left here. It would be kinder to the bullies to reign them in, but that's not nearly as entertaining as letting them flame out publicly.

Are you rethinking the concept of evil? :p

I was quoting Edmond Burke. I don't assign a supernatural force to evil. I am just giving it the meaning most people do. It manifests the same way no matter what causes it.